Heather's Cheering Thread - Page 121 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 24th, 2014, 11:07 AM   #1801
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Heather's Cheering Thread

6)Jelena Jankovic vs Sharon Fichman
Ana Tatishvili vs Kurumi Nara
Teliana Pereira vs Luksika Kumkhum
(26)Sorana Cristea vs Q

(13)Carline Wozniacki vs Yanina Wickmayer
Silvia Soler-Espinosa vs Chanelle Scheepers
Alexandra Cardantu vs Q
(24)Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova vs Kimiko Date-Krumm

These are the only sections I want Heather to be placed in.

Placed around the Cirstea/Cadantu sections would be really good.

I just hope she stays away from the top half.
Advertisement

Old May 24th, 2014, 11:36 AM   #1802
country flag RobCic

RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all

Definitely hope she ends up in one of those two qualifiers' places. What about the Suarez Navarro area too with the 3 qualifiers' spots, not ideal but I don't know why I have a feeling even with Carla playing well that Heather could take her on - provided the ankle is ok.
RobCic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2014, 11:36 AM   #1803
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Wow she won before I even woke up

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2014, 11:59 AM   #1804
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobCic View Post
Definitely hope she ends up in one of those two qualifiers' places. What about the Suarez Navarro area too with the 3 qualifiers' spots, not ideal but I don't know why I have a feeling even with Carla playing well that Heather could take her on - provided the ankle is ok.
I'm not sure about the qualifiers section. There are some players in there who are really tricky and are obviously in good form - including Bertens who she's lost to three times, including one just a couple of weeks ago. Paszek, Wozniak and Bacsinszky are also not to be taken lightly.

If she was to draw a seed I'd want it to be Cirstea. She has a good record against her but it'll still be extremely difficult on clay. Then a nice second round draw should she make it through.

... for some reason.
Old May 24th, 2014, 12:07 PM   #1805
country flag jankimfan

jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute

Heather running on full watts power

Good luck in MD!
jankimfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2014, 12:33 PM   #1806
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Watson vs .Zahlavova Strycova, winnable match but Halep in the second round
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2014, 12:53 PM   #1807
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all

A good first round draw, but second is very very tough.
Evans. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2014, 01:26 PM   #1808
country flag RobCic

RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all

Halep in the second round...

Took Simona to three sets in the US Open and Heather's playing better now. Although the world number 4 on her best surface (provided they both get through their first rounds) is evil!
Old May 24th, 2014, 06:47 PM   #1809
country flag Dawson.

I'd be happy with a second round defeat to Halep. There would be absolutely no shame in that, plus they'll probably be on a show court. But BZS is streaky and unpredictable, so I'm just focusing on her at the minute. She beat Heather in Tokyo qualies last year in their only other meeting 63 63.

... for some reason.
Old May 24th, 2014, 07:13 PM   #1810
country flag RU90

RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future

Quote:
The Guernsey player said: "Twelve months ago I really wasn't enjoying my tennis. I wasn't winning much at all and now I'm playing the best tennis of my career and I'm loving it.

"I'm not getting tired. I've played so many matches in a row and I'm taking nothing for granted. Every match is an opportunity. I'm just really enjoying it; I'm enjoying matches, practice, stretching after and the physio - all of it."

Key to her success has been Watson's new-found commitment to attacking tennis, helped by Argentinian coach Diego Veronelli, with whom she linked up at the end of last year.

"Before, even when I reached my highest ranking, I was a kind of a counter-puncher," said Watson.

"On important points I'd wait for my opponent to miss or hope for them to miss, now as soon as I see a short ball I want to win the point.

"Looking at my stats usually I would make less unforced errors and less winners and now it's the other way round.

"I'll be making more unforced errors but I'm also hitting more winners and it's a lot more fun playing this way. It's exhausting running all over the place. It's nice being in control and being the captain of your ship."

With very few ranking points to defend for the rest of the season, Watson's career-high mark of 39 is back within sight.
http://sport.bt.com/moresporthub/wom...11363905057835
RU90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2014, 07:32 PM   #1811
country flag RobCic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawson. View Post
I'd be happy with a second round defeat to Halep. There would be absolutely no shame in that, plus they'll probably be on a show court. But BZS is streaky and unpredictable, so I'm just focusing on her at the minute. She beat Heather in Tokyo qualies last year in their only other meeting 63 63.
I checked the head2head too just now. Heather was in a major slump then though not to mention BZS hasn't brought the best of form to RG. Although anything can happen knowing the WTA, just hope she's not too fatigued winning so many matches.
Old May 24th, 2014, 11:40 PM   #1812
country flag Material World

Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of

Two of my out and out favourites matched up Bara is a proper junkballer, and perhaps a tough matchup for Hev. Totally torn

Petkovic ~ Parmentier ~ Rezai ~ Errani ~ Vekic ~ Pavlyuchenkova ~ Halep ~ Konta ~ Riske
Material World is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2014, 01:31 AM   #1813
country flag cwej

cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawson. View Post
I'm not sure about the qualifiers section. There are some players in there who are really tricky and are obviously in good form - including Bertens who she's lost to three times, including one just a couple of weeks ago. Paszek, Wozniak and Bacsinszky are also not to be taken lightly.

If she was to draw a seed I'd want it to be Cirstea. She has a good record against her but it'll still be extremely difficult on clay. Then a nice second round draw should she make it through.
Not that it matters any more but...

Why would Cirstea be difficult on clay? She hasn't won a single match on clay this year (I think she's 0-6 on the surface!) whereas Heather is 10-1 on clay this year…!! Not to mention having the 3-0 H2H and being in form as opposed to Cirstea's out of form. That would have been easily the best place to be put in the qualifying positions.

As it goes, she got what I'd call a reasonable draw for a qualifier. She should go in as slight favourite against Barbora, but wide outsider against Halep. It's not a perfect draw, but certainly a lot better than it could have been.
cwej is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2014, 02:14 AM   #1814
country flag Dawson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwej View Post
Not that it matters any more but...

Why would Cirstea be difficult on clay? She hasn't won a single match on clay this year (I think she's 0-6 on the surface!) whereas Heather is 10-1 on clay this year…!! Not to mention having the 3-0 H2H and being in form as opposed to Cirstea's out of form. That would have been easily the best place to be put in the qualifying positions.
When I think of Cirstea I automatically think of that RG QF in 09...Look at my sig, there's no wonder I remember that tournament so fondly!

But yes, on reflection I see where you are coming from. Cirstea is not a player whose results I follow all too closely so I wasn't aware of her poor clay season. In fact, without looking it up I honestly couldn't name a single player she's beat since that Montreal run last summer.

... for some reason.
Old May 25th, 2014, 04:54 PM   #1815
country flag cwej

cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all

Heather to play on Tuesday. Probably on a non-televised court at a guess though.
cwej is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote