Heather's Cheering Thread - Page 114 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 5th, 2014, 04:02 PM   #1696
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Heather's Cheering Thread

So annoyed these two are facing off in Round 1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 5th, 2014, 07:05 PM   #1697
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

So I've watched a few youtube clips of Bencic - just highlights of her matches vs Cornet, Kvitova and Date - and I am impressed, although I understand these are probably some of the best matches she's played in her career so far.

Hits a clean yet underpowered ball of both wings. I see a lot of Hingis in her forehand stroke production. Capable although slightly uncomfortable at the net. Attackable serve, particularly the second. Fluid movement around the court. Good head on her shoulders for such a young player.

Like Heather, she lacks a big, point-ending weapon so I wouldn't be surprised at a long match, even if it's only two sets.

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2014, 10:32 PM   #1698
country flag mbturner

mbturner is an unknown quantity at this point

Playing now. A break up.
mbturner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2014, 11:49 PM   #1699
country flag Gruftgesänge

Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of

Heather finishes it off 7-5 6-4. Not the most convincing victory. It's good to get a straight sets victory over a talented young opponent, of course, but I doubt she'll be happy at her inability to stretch her leads in both sets. Perhaps her concentration was wandering today.
Gruftgesänge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2014, 11:57 PM   #1700
country flag mbturner

Should be good ranking points now.
Old Mar 6th, 2014, 01:02 AM   #1701
country flag RU90

RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of

Called it!

I listened to it on the radio, and they said she became a little tight at the business end of sets.
Old Mar 6th, 2014, 10:46 PM   #1702
country flag cwej

cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all
I am really pleased that Heather won through that match... I can see her troubling Aga with the level she's been playing the last few weeks. I know it's wishful thinking and would be her biggest win of her career by a mile, but if she doesn't do it when in this form, when will she?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
cwej is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2014, 02:42 PM   #1703
country flag mbturner

Let's hope Aga has had a big birthday party.
Old Mar 7th, 2014, 04:05 PM   #1704
country flag Gruftgesänge

Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbturner View Post
Let's hope Aga has had a big birthday party.
Yes, let's hope she's overindulged. Aga has been a tough match up for Heather in the past. Hev can't really out-rally her and she doesn't have the power to put Aga on the back foot. But Hev's determinedly told BBC Sport that "I'm not going to go in playing the same way I did the other two times". Perhaps Hev has a trick up her sleeve?
Gruftgesänge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2014, 08:10 PM   #1705
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Well, that was ugly, but it was still a good week
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2014, 10:08 AM   #1706
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of

She has drawn a qualifier in Miami, with Flipkens waiting in R2, and potentially Lisicki in R3.

http://www.wtatennis.com/singles-dra...17/rangeEnd/32
pesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2014, 08:28 PM   #1707
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

Will play Q in Katowice
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Nantes 50k '10, Bucharest 75k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2014, 08:41 PM   #1708
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Miami > $50k Osprey qualies () > Charleston qualies > Katowice qualies in 4 weeks. I'm not convinced and think she'll pull out of somewhere eventually. Probably Osprey.

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2014, 03:07 PM   #1709
country flag mbturner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesto View Post
She has drawn a qualifier in Miami, with Flipkens waiting in R2, and potentially Lisicki in R3.

http://www.wtatennis.com/singles-dra...17/rangeEnd/32
I think Heather beat her at Indian Wells so hopefully she will be confident.
Old Mar 19th, 2014, 08:14 PM   #1710
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Heather has a shoulder injury and served underarm for some of her defeat https://twitter.com/Mike_Dickson_DM/...77913458233345
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote