Heather's Cheering Thread - Page 104 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 5th, 2013, 01:25 PM   #1546
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
More here http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/tennis/25237040

They will review after AO

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 5th, 2013, 01:45 PM   #1547
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of
Re: Heather's Cheering Thread

Good to see he has some coaching experience at least, interesting to see he worked with Ormaechea.
Old Dec 5th, 2013, 03:14 PM   #1548
country flag RU90

RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of

WATSON ENTHUSED BY NEW START

Heather Watson has a new coach and a positive attitude heading into 2014.

Quote:
The 21-year-old has been working with Argentinian Diego Veronelli for her first two weeks of pre-season training in Florida and is enthused about how the partnership is going.

Watson told Press Association Sport: "It's a trial period at the moment. We've only just met each other so we're still getting to know each other and learning about each other.

"It's only been two weeks but so far it's going really well and I'm working very hard.

"I can't wait for 2014. When you start a new season it's always kind of like the slate is wiped clean. I'm feeling really positive now and I feel like I'm playing well already even after only a couple of weeks."

Veronelli, 34, is a former professional player who reached a high of number 165 in the world rankings in 2004.

Watson split with long-time coach Mauricio Hadad after Wimbledon and a link-up with former British number one Jeremy Bates for the US hard-court season was only ever a temporary measure.

Coaching changes were the least of Watson's problems this year and it is not surprising she cannot wait to see the back of 2013.

All looked rosy when she made the third round of the Australian Open and reached a career-high ranking of 39 in February.

But Watson was battling extreme fatigue and it was almost a relief when she was diagnosed with glandular fever in March.

Doctors told the Guernsey player she was at the tail-end of the illness and she returned for the French Open in May, which she later conceded was premature.

Still struggling to train at normal intensity, Watson went into a downward spiral that saw her win just five matches in five months and drop almost 100 places in the rankings.

In October 2012, Watson won her first WTA Tour event in Osaka; this time she lost in the first round.

But the season at least had a positive ending.

Only the British number three having dropped behind Johanna Konta as well as Laura Robson, Watson played an event in Poitiers on the second-tier ITF circuit and reached the semi-finals, beating two top-100 players.

It was a much-needed tonic and, after two weeks at home in Guernsey, Watson is now focusing all her energy on preparing for a better 2014.

With her ranking down at 121, Watson will begin her season by trying to qualify for the WTA Tour events in Brisbane and Sydney and will also need to go through qualifying at the Australian Open.

Watson, an ambassador for Statoil's Heroes of Tomorrow Initiative, said: "If someone had asked me about playing in qualifying a year ago, I would have been like, 'No way'. It's a big challenge but people have been through it before.

"The whole experience has definitely made me a stronger person and if something like this ever happens to me again - touch wood it doesn't - then I'll know how to deal with it.

"This has been the first real hiccup in my career. It's definitely made me feel like I'm never going to take a win for granted ever again."

Many tennis players have struggled with glandular fever, and one of the worst things is not knowing when or if the symptoms will return.

"Since about September or October I've been feeling like myself again," said Watson.

"I asked if I should have more blood tests but glandular fever can stay in your system forever so you've just got to go on how you're feeling.

"It's difficult not to worry about it - am I tired because of the illness or just because I've been working hard? I'm trying to look at it like I haven't had it but making sure I sleep and eat right."

Despite all she has been through in 2013, Watson is not interested in easing herself into next season and is desperate to ensure her stay outside the top 100 is as brief as possible.

She said: "I'm feeling confident so I'm not just going to try to win a few matches, I want to do well and really push on. If I do that then I shouldn't be too far away from where I was."
http://www.sportinglife.com/tennis/n.../553/9058566/-
RU90 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2013, 04:21 PM   #1549
country flag TennisBanter

TennisBanter is an unknown quantity at this point

heres my blog post on it and it includes a summary of who exactly Verobelli is - http://tennisbanter.blogspot.co.uk/2...veronelli.html
TennisBanter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2013, 11:56 PM   #1550
country flag RU90

RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of

Heather's ranking may have taken a hit, but she wasn't forgotten by fans.

http://www.wtatennis.com/photos/arti...r-no50-to-no41
Old Dec 11th, 2013, 11:58 PM   #1551
country flag RU90

WATSON EAGER TO TURN OVER NEW LEAF

With a new coach and a clean bill of health, Heather Watson is eager to get up and running in 2014.

Quote:
While this year has been a historic one for British tennis, Heather Watson is unlikely to look back on it with too much fondness.

In January, Watson was riding the crest of a wave. Having recently won her first WTA title and perched inside the Top 50, the tennis world appeared to be her oyster. And at first it looked like this upward trajectory would continue, as a third round appearance at the Australian Open and a quarterfinal in Memphis propelled her to a career-high ranking of No.39.

A bout of glandular fever, however, stopped her progress in its tracks, contributing to a run of poor form before forcing her off the tour entirely for the best part of two months.

On her return, progress was slow as the 21-year-old struggled to rediscover both form and fitness. A run of poor results saw her slip down the rankings and also part with her coach of the last two years, Mauricio Hadad.

After working with the LTA's Jeremy Bates for the remainder of the season, Watson appointed Florida-based Diego Veronelli earlier this month.

Watson and Veronelli have been working together in London for the past few weeks and will travel to Australia on December 30, where Watson is scheduled to play in Brisbane, Sydney and at the Australian Open.

Despite her recent struggles, the Briton is upbeat ahead of the new campaign.

"Getting ill and getting glandular fever this year was just an obstacle. It's done now, it's finished," Watson said. "It happens, people have setbacks. I'm definitely looking forward to putting it behind me and starting fresh in 2014."

Before setting off Down Under, Watson took time out of her pre-season training to help inspire Britain's next generation of sporting talent at Statoil's Heroes Of Tomorrow programme at the Royal Albert Hall.

"I love playing at the Royal Albert Hall, and I love being able to spend time with the children," Watson added. "I was about 11 years old when Tim Henman came to do a clinic and I will never forget that and it really inspired me and meant so much, so it's really important for me to give back when I can as an ambassador for Statoil's Heroes of Tomorrow."
http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...-over-new-leaf
Old Dec 19th, 2013, 03:38 PM   #1552
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

For all the British fans, finally I found someone who wanted to publish my interview with her. It's gonna be on Sport Sister in 8 days

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2013, 05:54 PM   #1553
country flag flareon

flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute
Good

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
TT 2013: Won 25k Rancho Santa Fe DW/Phil=)
TT 2014: 1/2 Kuala Lumpur Singles,Won WTA FlorianapolisDW/Phil=),25k NottinghamDW/Phil=),F Istanbul 50kDW/Phil=)
flareon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2013, 06:55 PM   #1554
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Nice video http://instagram.com/p/iJ4CWnSZ7U/#
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2013, 08:30 PM   #1555

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Hev looking like she's having a good off season. Let's hope she can pull it off on the court as well.
Old Dec 21st, 2013, 04:26 AM   #1556
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone know what lead up events she be playing before the Aussie Open ?

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2013, 07:29 AM   #1557

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Anyone know what lead up events she be playing before the Aussie Open ?
She's down for Brisbane and Sydney (both qualies). So some tough match ups probably.
Old Dec 26th, 2013, 09:11 AM   #1558

So Hev kicks off the 2014 season against Minella in Brisbane QR1 (2am roughly GMT), winner plays Scheepers possibly. Let's see where Hev is at.
Old Dec 27th, 2013, 04:21 AM   #1559
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Won her first round in qualifying 7-6 7-5, was down 5-1 in the second set & made an Huge Comeback go Hev

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2013, 07:00 AM   #1560
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute
Well done Heather!

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote