Heather's Cheering Thread - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 27th, 2009, 03:08 PM   #1
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute
Heather's Cheering Thread

After winning her second round match at the junior aussie open i think its about time heather deserves her own thread. She won her first grade 1 title in 2008 at Yucatan, Mexico and reached the final of the prestigous eddie herr junior tournament. Good luck against Miyabi Inoue heather
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 27th, 2009, 03:35 PM   #2
country flag jake270392

jake270392 is a splendid one to behold jake270392 is a splendid one to behold jake270392 is a splendid one to behold jake270392 is a splendid one to behold jake270392 is a splendid one to behold jake270392 is a splendid one to behold jake270392 is a splendid one to behold jake270392 is a splendid one to behold jake270392 is a splendid one to behold jake270392 is a splendid one to behold jake270392 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Heather Watson

Yes Watson has risen up the rankings thelast few months and have been playing really well and has been given enough credit, lets hope it will be a British final.
jake270392 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2009, 04:18 PM   #3
country flag serenus_2k8

serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh Im glad she has her own thread. She is a great player no doubt. I dont get why her and Laura didnt do doubles together but w/e Its equally annoying that they are out on the very outer courts all the time - I wanna see her and Laura play as I havent seen much of Heathers game.

usopen and wimbledon
#219juniorchampions #220

venuswilliams serenawilliams
serenus_2k8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2009, 09:12 PM   #4
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

What happened to the old thread? the one she shared with Tara Moore anyways, good luck in round 3 heather, do us proud

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2009, 12:01 AM   #5
country flag serenus_2k8

serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute

The threads all seem to vanish

Heather looks like she is playing well atm! What performance does she need to improve her ranking?

usopen and wimbledon
#219juniorchampions #220

Old Jan 28th, 2009, 12:06 AM   #6
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

^^ Not sure but if she wins tonight she'll play Pervak in the next round
Old Jan 28th, 2009, 09:18 AM   #7
country flag stfletch

stfletch is a name known to all stfletch is a name known to all stfletch is a name known to all stfletch is a name known to all stfletch is a name known to all stfletch is a name known to all stfletch is a name known to all stfletch is a name known to all stfletch is a name known to all stfletch is a name known to all stfletch is a name known to all

Well Heather won, 7-6 (7-1), 4-6, 6-4, so big congratulations to her for really griding out a tough won in what must have been horrendous conditions (it reached 44 degrees, so it was probably over 50 actually on the court).

It will be tough for Heather in the next round as she is bound to be feeling the effects of this match and she is up against a top seed.

Maria Sharapova

Daniela Hantuchova

***GO GB GIRLS***
stfletch is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2009, 10:16 AM   #8
country flag NoChokes

NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of

Well played Heather, great battling win.

Gonna be really tough against Pervak but whatever happens its been an excellent run.

(Hopefully it won't be too embarrassing for some of the earlier posters on the board.)

KOB
NoChokes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2009, 03:21 PM   #9
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenus_2k8 View Post
Yeh Im glad she has her own thread. She is a great player no doubt. I dont get why her and Laura didnt do doubles together but w/e Its equally annoying that they are out on the very outer courts all the time - I wanna see her and Laura play as I havent seen much of Heathers game.
i saw her play at eastbourne last year. she had a nice forehand but it was hard to say how she played because it was so windy and they were basically rolling in the serves (she played coco vandeweghe who has a great serve yet her serve looked slower then heathers)
Old Jan 28th, 2009, 10:30 PM   #10
country flag serenus_2k8

Ahh its great you've seen her live! She is up against it tonight tho

usopen and wimbledon
#219juniorchampions #220

Old Jan 29th, 2009, 02:36 PM   #11
country flag stfletch

stfletch is a name known to all stfletch is a name known to all stfletch is a name known to all stfletch is a name known to all stfletch is a name known to all stfletch is a name known to all stfletch is a name known to all stfletch is a name known to all stfletch is a name known to all stfletch is a name known to all stfletch is a name known to all

According to her Dad, Heather's first senior tournament will be at Clearwater in Florida in March, (see 4 mins into the interview on the following link).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/7857978.stm

Looking at the ITF website, the only tournament taking place in Clearwater, Florida is a $50,000 event that starts in February. It that's the one it's quite a big tournament to start your senior career at.

http://www.itftennis.com/womens/tour...ent=1100019089

Maria Sharapova

Daniela Hantuchova

***GO GB GIRLS***
stfletch is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2009, 05:55 PM   #12
country flag serenus_2k8

Wow, nice to see she is ambitious! Perhaps the organisers offered a WC and it was just too good to be true

Best of luck, sad that she lost ;(

usopen and wimbledon
#219juniorchampions #220

Old Jan 29th, 2009, 06:49 PM   #13
country flag Joe.

unlucky heather not disgraceful though
Old Jan 30th, 2009, 02:27 AM   #14
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stfletch View Post
According to her Dad, Heather's first senior tournament will be at Clearwater in Florida in March, (see 4 mins into the interview on the following link).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/7857978.stm
I'm guessing she will recieve a WC / QWC being a Bolitary girl, as its unlikely that an unranked player would gain direct acceptance in a $50k. Nice interview, its good to hear that she thrives on the big stage and doesn't get (too) nervous

... for some reason.
Old Feb 8th, 2009, 01:38 PM   #15
country flag Dawson.

Heather is 219th alternate at $50k Clearwater starting 23rd Feb. So even though withdrawals are inevitable, the chances of her playing this event without a wildcard are pretty much zero. Hopefully she'll get one in qualifying.

http://www.itftennis.com/womens/tour...order=Position

... for some reason.