Guys!! Please come in here!! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 10:38 AM   #1
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
Guys!! Please come in here!!

Okay, I have decided to post an article a day for Grand Slams only. So I will need you guys' help. You see, Karen will do the Main Preview for the US Open. Then, I would like someone/anyone(me included) to do a preview of Anna's opponent and then a match report.

Please let me know what you guys want to do.
Advertisement

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 12:24 PM   #2
country flag Nimi
Team WTAworld

Nimi has disabled reputation
Ill preview her oponents
Old Aug 21st, 2002, 11:19 PM   #3
country flag Nimi
Team WTAworld

US Open Preview for Anna Smashnova
Well, Quite Franquely, Annas draw is not good. Not good at all. & the fact that she comes to the tournament with some not-that-shining results at the summer hardcourt season doesn’t help.
Her 1st round match is against Marie-Ghaiene Mikaelian, an extremely talented young swiss nick named “The Next Swiss Miss”.
Marie won her 1st carrer title on the courts of Tashkent, indeed, the place where Anna once held the trophy in. Anna will be pretty much the favorite to bring her 1st round losing streak in Grand Slams to an end. But like she did in Wimbledon, she drew a young talent who can bring Anna down. If Anna will triumph, she still has a tuff draw, either the former world number 3 Amanda Coetzer or the talented Belarussian Tatiana Putchek. The obvious choice of the two is the South African, who outplayed Anna this summer already once, & has more big-match experience. Anna will be the favorite against either of the two but the match will surely be tuff, & a match between Anna & Amanda could well take up to 3 hours…
Than, the 3rd round, where things get even hotter. Anna is seeded to meet “The swiss miss” Martina Hingis in the 3rd round & nobody is expected to upset her to that. Martina beat Anna last week in the Pilot Penn tournament 6-4 6-4, but hopefully Anna could hold her own guns against the Swiss & pull the upset. Anna is not expected to pass the 3rd round, but as the fighter we know her, the sky is the limit. At the 4th round, she is likely to meet either Mary Pierce of France/Canada/USA or one of the croud favorites, the 9 Grand Slam winner Monica Seles, if Anna is to continue, she will probably meet either the defending champion & 2nd seed Venus Williams or the russerected Chanda Rubin, in the semis she can meet either the croud favorite Jennifer Capriati, the one who beat Capriati in the Toronto final Amelie Mauresmo, or a girl that Anna already beat this year, Kim Clijsters. If Anna is to reach the US Open finals, she is likely to meet either Serena Williams, Lindsay Davenport, Jelena Dokic or Justine Henin. May her best tennis be at her side, go Anna!

By Nimi Dror

Lots of spell errors, im aware of that.
Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 03:36 AM   #4
country flag Mikey
Team WTAworld

Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of
aaron - i would like to do more stuff to help the website (btw - thanx so much for printing my article online, im kinda excited ). i can do previews of her opponents (meaning, like, talk about the opponent and their past before she plays them), which i would prefer, but i can also do the match reviews. just give me your preference. if you would like me to do a preview of her first opp, let me know soon cause i have to do it before sunday. and also, i can do a live match report (b/c ill be there and i WILL go see her - i hope - and follow the match) if you want, but please dont expect it. i dont know if ill retain the info for when i get home. but i can do anything ya want - just ask
Lindsay Davenport - Anna Smashnova - Lisa Raymond - Sandrine Testud - Paola Suarez - Amelie Mauresmo - Virginia Ruano-Pascual - Nadia Petrova - Chanda Rubin - Cara Black - Tathiana Garbin - Anne Kremer - Monica Seles - Fabiola Zuluaga - Maria Sanchez-Lorenzo - Amanda Coetzer - Rita Grande - Meghann Shaughnessy - Magui Serna - Nathalie Dechy - Kim Clijsters - Elena Tatarkova - Maria Sharapova - Alicia Molik - Julia Vakulenko - Elena Likhovtseva - Anastasia Myskina - Emilie Loit
Mikey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 10:12 AM   #5
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

nimi, Karen has already done the tournament preview, now what?? but i can still put both of them on the site. (i'll think i'll put both)

Mike, doing the match reports would be great especially the live one!!! you can be in charge of match reports

as for previews, can you do it nimi, Kerry has yet to tell me when she'll be definitely free so i'll hold on to that first
Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 12:35 PM   #6
country flag Nimi
Team WTAworld

Illdo the previews, i know all of the players Anna will probably run into, ill give you Marie's preview by Sunday
Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 03:58 PM   #7
country flag Irish

Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute
Hi to all

Aaron, I will be available for assistance before 1 PM Central time on Mon and Tues (have to work evenings those days). If necessary, I can help on Fri-Mon following those days. Sorry about such weird days and times.
Davenport, Capriati, Molik, Golovin, Seles, Clijsters, Myskina, Dementieva, Groenefeld, Frazier, Sprem, Hantuchova, Peschke, Dulko, Ivanovic, Smashnova, Likhovtseva, Vaidisova, Zvonereva, Schiavone, Pennetta

"No good deed goes unpunished." - origin unknown
Irish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 08:09 PM   #8
country flag Irish

Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute
It is hard to believe I was the last one to post in this forum. We were very deprived not being able to get on the WTA board.

Davenport, Capriati, Molik, Golovin, Seles, Clijsters, Myskina, Dementieva, Groenefeld, Frazier, Sprem, Hantuchova, Peschke, Dulko, Ivanovic, Smashnova, Likhovtseva, Vaidisova, Zvonereva, Schiavone, Pennetta

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 09:33 PM   #9
country flag Mikey
Team WTAworld

Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of
lol @ kerry

that'd be great aaron. just remember, dont count on that "live from the open" report, b/c im not sure if ill remember it. if it's on day 2, there's a better chance, but if it's day one, then....well, we'll just be hopeful.

match reports, check i will have the first match report done, it'll just be a little late (b/c i dont get back until tuesday). dont worry about assigning anyone else it, ive got it covered, unless kerry wants to help me w/ them

aaron and kerry - work out what you can do kerry and then just let me know
Lindsay Davenport - Anna Smashnova - Lisa Raymond - Sandrine Testud - Paola Suarez - Amelie Mauresmo - Virginia Ruano-Pascual - Nadia Petrova - Chanda Rubin - Cara Black - Tathiana Garbin - Anne Kremer - Monica Seles - Fabiola Zuluaga - Maria Sanchez-Lorenzo - Amanda Coetzer - Rita Grande - Meghann Shaughnessy - Magui Serna - Nathalie Dechy - Kim Clijsters - Elena Tatarkova - Maria Sharapova - Alicia Molik - Julia Vakulenko - Elena Likhovtseva - Anastasia Myskina - Emilie Loit
Mikey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2002, 02:50 AM   #10
country flag Irish

Have fun Mikey!!!

You guys let me know what you need me to help with.

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 09:32 AM   #11
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

Nimi, thanks for doing the opponents preview

Mike, I sure hope you remember about it if it's on Monday. Don't worry, just remember to log on once to WTAworld before you go that way you can read my pm reminder.

Kerry, let me get this straight, you'll be busy on the 26th and 27th after 1 pm central time but will be able to help on the 30th until 2nd??
Old Aug 24th, 2002, 02:05 PM   #12
country flag Irish

Yes Aaron, the 26th and 27th are not good if she has matches after 1PM. You are going to love this...but if she has matches after 3 PM on the 28th and 29th, I am available. So far, unless they change my work schedule (rumors), I am good to go on the 30th - 2d. Sorry for this being so weird but our normal schedule got changed because a guy left so we were told we have to cover his shift. Thank you for being so patient.

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 08:18 AM   #13
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

Oic, Kerry. So I think right now Mike will handle all the match reports. You can do her third round one. I hope you tell Mike if you can. Thanks
Old Aug 25th, 2002, 04:01 PM   #14
country flag Irish

No problem Aaron. I will try to get ahold of him.

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 09:17 AM   #15
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

okay