Big West - 2009 key matches - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 18th, 2009, 08:13 AM   #181
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Re: Big West - 2009 key matches

#102 San Francisco def. #164 Loyola Marymount 4-2

#109 Louisville def. #82 South Florida 4-1

Last edited by gouci : Apr 18th, 2009 at 09:43 AM.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 18th, 2009, 04:07 PM   #182
country flag form

form has disabled reputation

Uh, your EATERS got a bye too. Even more so when Davis pulled Shuler after dropping doubles.

Widjaja, Blalock and Grady will go 'on table' to be compared. What will really be intersting is their rankings three 'spins' from now.

Blalock's rank is a complete farce off a super tie break win over Sanchez and hiding from Grady. BUT her loss to Widjaja likely killed her.

So the question is can Grady get her ranking close enough to Widjaja that the Grady win (on the road) over Widjaja carries the day?

By the way Gouci, have you ever seen Widjaja play? Can you describe her game or are you just rooting for anything not Long Beach? I can but choose not to share notes with the EATERS for future years.
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2009, 06:50 AM   #183
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

#92 St. Mary's def. #61 San Diego 4-0

Finally the real St. Mary's shows up although its too late.

#60 Long Beach St. def. #149 Cal St. Northridge 4-2

From what I gather at one point CSUN had Long Beach on the ropes. CSUN had won the doubles, Sirijddinova had won her 1st set and Jaworowksi was up 4-2 against Manasse. But CSUN let the 49ers back in it and congrats to LBS for coming back and winning.

Hey Form do you know the unfinished score at No. 6 singles?

#56 UC Irvine def. #103 UC Santa Barbara 4-3

UCI also had UCSB on the ropes and let them come back.

No. 6 singles - UCI was up 5-1 in the 2nd set but ended up losing it in a tie-breaker.

No. 3 singles - Ended in some contraversy. On match point Bartlett was cheated by Novak. Bartlett could be heard questioning the call. After the match when pressed the umpire said Novak made a bad call but Bartlett didn't ask for an overrule. The entire crowd heard Bartlett question the call.

No. 2 singles - Byron was up 6-5 in the 3rd set and had 2 match points but ended up losing it in a tie-breaker.

Seeing how well UCSB played this weekend makes me pissed thinking about how UCSB matches against #67 Texas Tech and Temple (ranked top 90), 2 teams UCSB may have beaten, were canceled but not by rain out.

Last edited by gouci : Apr 19th, 2009 at 06:57 AM.
Old Apr 20th, 2009, 02:12 AM   #184
country flag gouci

#60 Long Beach St. def. #56 UC Irvine 4-1

I lost a few pounds in the form of sweat in the 105 degree heat. On top of that there was an afternoon crash that created a 1.5 hour traffic delay around the area of the giant pinwheels.

No. 5 singles - My understanding was in the 2nd set LBS had 2 match points up 6-4 in the tie-breaker. However Luzar gave it up with UCI pulling in front 7-6 gaining a set point of their own. But Kwan gave the set right back to the 49ers losing the tie-breaker 7-9.
That essentially decided the team competition.

No. 3 singles - Last I heard UCI won the 1st set and was up 6-5 in the 2nd.

No. 6 singles - Last I heard UCI was up a break in the 3rd set serving 4-3.

CONGRATS LONG BEACH ST.

Last edited by gouci : Apr 20th, 2009 at 02:47 AM.
Old Apr 20th, 2009, 08:04 AM   #185
country flag form

Well, we were in the same place at the same time. The world wide web will never be the same.

C game beat A game....

I could add more but...

Add LB to 'dancing' on your list...... for 6 straight, 7 in 8 years.....
Old Apr 20th, 2009, 08:19 AM   #186
country flag form

Answers to earlier questions

Coach: H-C ( 3 frosh in starting line up)

P of Y: Undefeated and 43-1 in career

Frosh: Zamudio... didn't duck Friday's match
Old Apr 20th, 2009, 09:40 PM   #187
country flag gouci

Cure for the tennis blues

UC Irvine baseball just got ranked #1 nationally today.

Both UC Irvine baseball and men's volleyball are currently ranked #1 nationally. Just the cure for the tennis blues.
Old Apr 20th, 2009, 10:47 PM   #188
country flag form

Re: Cure for the tennis blues

UCI has an outstanding baseball coach... and boy doesn't the AD at USC look stupid for shoving him out the door a few years ago (despite decades of top 10 and a national title too)
Old Apr 21st, 2009, 07:28 AM   #189
country flag gouci

#61 San Diego def. #102 San Francisco 4-0

San Diego claims 3rd place in the WCC tournament.

#41 Pepperdine def. #102 San Francisco 4-0

Last edited by gouci : Apr 21st, 2009 at 07:50 AM.
Old Apr 28th, 2009, 07:52 AM   #190
country flag gouci

#10 Tennessee def. #26 Mississippi 4-1

#26 Mississippi def. #14 Arkansas 4-3

#26 Mississippi def. #23 LSU 4-1

Last edited by gouci : Apr 28th, 2009 at 08:25 AM.
Old May 19th, 2009, 07:34 PM   #191
country flag gouci

Big West - 2009 NCAA singles

Pacific's #92 Jenifer Widjaja will face the 3rd seed #2 Aurelija Miseviciute of Arkansas in the 1st round of the NCAA singles tournament. Her match is on Wednesday 5/20 scheduled for 3:00 P.M.

Well Widjaja has an opportunity to make some noise early if she wins.