Please e-mail the US Open - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 12:10 AM   #1
country flag Fingon

Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute
Please e-mail the US Open

About the TV coverage. E-mailing USA Networks is pointless

Maybe the US Open organizers can do something or at least, think twice before rewarding that crappy network with another broadcast.

Today they reached the limit, it's a real slap on the face of viewers.

They were passing the Davenport - Mandula match and it was suspended because of the rain.

They switched to a men's doubles matches, MEN DOUBLES!!! None of the players is known or popular and none is American. Daniela Hantuchova was playing in Amstrong Stadium but they didn't show a stroke

After the "featured" men's double match was suspended, they switched to Safin - Kiefer, a match they had already showed. No Justine, no Daniela.

It's obvious that their purpose is to send a message, women are only partenaires and their matches are not worth.

Four obscure male double players are more interesting to watch than a women's match.

Incidentally, yesterday when Martina was playing in Arthur Ashe stadium, it was full. Two high profile men (I can't even remember who) were playing in Amstrong stadium, it was empty.

The Roddick match, featured night match with a high profile american player. The stadium was empty. People are obviously choosing women's matches, but USA crapwork obviously wants to force the like for men's matches.

Maybe if the US Open receives enough complains they can push USA crapworks to show a little more respect for the women and for the viewers.
Fingon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 12:22 AM   #2
express

express is an unknown quantity at this point
i have no problems with the coverage. the particular men's doubles team were only on for a brief moment and only bec of their historical significance being a Jew and a Muslim playing together despite their countries' conflicts. i enjoyed the brief glimpse we got of them.

Last edited by express : Aug 29th, 2002 at 01:22 AM.
express is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2002, 01:18 AM   #3
country flag Fingon

Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute
Well, when I want to watch something of politican or historical significance, Iwatch CNN or BBC, not the US Open, I actually want to watch tennis.

Now, they are showing a very long uninteresting interview instead of the Hantuchova match. And old guy and who I don't even know who he is and believe me, I don't give a damn for what he says, but obviously it's more important to listen to the bullshit he is talking than watching a woman play tennis, IN A FUCKING TENNIS TOURNAMENT.

USA crapworks has won the honour prize, it's the worst coverage I've seen in my entire life, no matter when or where, this one wins by far
Old Aug 29th, 2002, 01:25 AM   #4
express

express is an unknown quantity at this point
i agree with you that we didn't need that long interview -- altho' these celebrity insertions have long been a feature of the USO. i still disagree about the brief glimpse of a doubles TENNIS match.
Old Aug 29th, 2002, 02:00 AM   #5
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute
Fingon: Since USTA(the Open) has probably signed a multi-year contract with USA network, I think it's better to contact USA.

When you write, if you watch USA network, tell them what shows you watch and then tell them you WON'T watch them anymore. Then do it

Better yet. Keep track of the sponsors and inform USA that you will write the sponsors to tell them you WON'T be buying their
products. Mention the sponsors by name. Then do that

That's just my opinion, but in the past networks have been more responsive than the USTA towards me.

Good luck
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2002, 02:06 AM   #6
Hulet

Hulet has disabled reputation
Can you post the email address for both US OPEN and USA Networks so could email them? Thanks.
Hulet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2002, 02:17 AM   #7
country flag cynicole

cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future
I could've done without the stupid interview with John Madden (and his eating food with Tracy Austin).

Gosh, when there's a rain delay, please show some taped footage from other courts!

Maybe it wasn't so bad before because USA Network didn't have as many "original programs."

Thanks for the tips, Rollo
Old Aug 29th, 2002, 02:50 AM   #8
country flag Fingon

Rollo, I followed your advice, I sent a not so nice e-mail to them although I don't expect any answer.

Their intentions are obvious, take a look at the commentators, 3 men and one woman, that says something doesn't it?
Old Aug 29th, 2002, 04:13 AM   #9
Underdog

Underdog is an unknown quantity at this point Underdog is an unknown quantity at this point Underdog is an unknown quantity at this point Underdog is an unknown quantity at this point Underdog is an unknown quantity at this point Underdog is an unknown quantity at this point Underdog is an unknown quantity at this point Underdog is an unknown quantity at this point Underdog is an unknown quantity at this point Underdog is an unknown quantity at this point Underdog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by cynicole

Gosh, when there's a rain delay, please show some taped footage from other courts!

I coudn't agree more. I thought we were going to see some women's matches that hadn't been previously shown. Instead they show a repeat of the Safin five-setter and and OLD clip of a Jimmy Connors match with "Patrick" McEnroe.
Underdog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote