The Top 75 Hottest Female Tennis Players of the Last 10 Years: A Countdown - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who do you think is the hottest player of the past 10 years?

Jelena Dokic 61 4.72%
Tatiana Golovin 56 4.33%
Daniella Hantuchova 88 6.81%
Ashley Harkleroad 14 1.08%
Ana Ivanovic 214 16.55%
Maria Kirilenko 145 11.21%
Anna Kournikova 229 17.71%
Maria Sharapova 233 18.02%
Caroline Wozniacki 67 5.18%
Other 186 14.39%
Voters: 1293. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 19th, 2009, 08:51 PM   #1
country flag AnomyBC

AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute
The Top 75 Hottest Female Tennis Players of the Last 10 Years: A Countdown

So, as some of you may remember, back in June a person here named Dav. posted a thread titled "The Top 64 Best-Looking WTA Players of the Past Ten Years: Countdown!" I didn't entirely agree with it and I said I was going to post my own version... and since then I've had this thing in my signature below my posts promoting my upcoming "Top 75 Hottest Female Tennis Players" thread. Well it's been about 6 months since I starting working on this list, so if you were paying any attention at all you're probably wondering when I'm going to get around to actually posting this thing. Well, guess what? The time has finally come!

Now these were the problems I had Dav's version, that I'm hoping to address in my version:

1. About a third of his list was spent on obscure juniors players, two of which had never even been ranked in the Top 1000.

On my list, what I decided to do instead was limit myself to players who have been ranking in the Top 100 at some point in the last 10 years. I made a list of every player who'd been ranked in the Top 100, starting from the 1998 year-end rankings and ending with the 2008 year-end rankings, which was 351 players. I then went through the whole list of players, one by one, and looked at every picture I could find of them on the internet. Altogether I estimate that I looked at something like 10,000 pictures.

2. Dav's list left off quite a few of the most notable hotties of the past 10 years, including Caroline Wozniacki, Anna Chakvetadze, Barbara Schett, Sabine Applemans, Alina Jidkova, Petra Mandula, Klara Zakopalova, Henrieta Nagyova and many others.

As I said, I made sure to research every player who's been ranking in the Top 100 for the last 10 years, so there's no way that I could miss anybody.

3. He also had some peculiar choices, such as this girl at #30:

In my version, all peculiar choices have been removed! (Well, I guess that's for you to judge, but I think at the very least I have fewer of them, and much lower on the list!)

4. He ranked Maria Sharapova at #19!!!

This blasphemy has been corrected in my version!

Anyway, I shall be beginning the countdown shortly, and I hope to post at least 1 or 2 people everyday. My hope is to drag this countdown out until at least the end of February so I can have time to review this new research material regarding Maria Kirilenko and Tatiana Golovin that I understand is to be released in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue sometime on the middle of that month

Oh, and I'm going to be posting at least 500 photos in this thread, including some I took myself at the US Open that have never been seen before by anyone other than me.

My thread, unlike Dav's thread, also feature's a fun poll!

Here are some interesting stats about my Top 75:

Number of players researched: 351
Number of months of research: 6.5
Number of pictures reviewed: 10,000?
Number of pictures to be posted: 1,000?
Number of countries represented: 31
Best Represented Country: Russia, by far, with 14 girls
Next Best Represented Countries: USA and France with 6 girls each
Birth year of youngest girl: 1991
Birth year of oldest girl: 1972
Total Non-Whites: 6 (3 blacks, 3 Asians)

Finally, as a reference, here's my abridged version of Dav's list, with every non-Top-100 player removed:

1 / 1. Anna Kournikova
2 / 2. Maria Kirilenko
3 / 3. Tatiana Golovin
4 / 4. Ana Ivanovic
5 / 5. Ashley Harkleroad
6 / 6. Daniella Hantuchova
7 / 7. Severine Bremond
8 / 9. Dominika Cibulkova
9 / 10. Alona Bondarenko
10 / 12. Elena Vesnina
11 / 13. Sabine Lisicki
12 / 14. Jelena Dokic
13 / 15. Marta Domachowska
14 / 19. Maria Sharapova
15 / 21. Amanda Coetzer
16 / 22. Olga Barabanschikova
17 / 23. Julia Goerges
18 / 24. Michaella Krajicek
19 / 28. Gisela Dulko
20 / 29. Sania Mirza
21 / 30. Timea Bacsinszky
22 / 32. Flavia Pennetta
23 / 34. Elena Dementieva
24 / 35. Petra Cetkovska
25 / 36. Nicole Vaidisova
26 / 38. Anastasia Myskina
27 / 40. Olga Puchkova
28 / 43. Olivia Sanchez
29 / 45. Mashona Washington
30 / 46. Sorana Cirstea
31 / 47. Iveta Benesova
32 / 49. Mathilde Johansson
33 / 50. Jennifer Hopkins
34 / 53. Mirjana Lucic
35 / 55. Shuai Peng
36 / 56. Anke Huber
37 / 57. Viktoriya Kutuzova
38 / 58. Vera Dushevina
39 / 59. Jelena Jankovic
40 / 60. Ioana Raluca Olaru
41 / 61. Lucie Safarova
42 / 63. Anne Keothavong
43 / 64. Yung-Jan Chan

(The 2nd numbers are the original numbers in his rankings.)

Anyway, stay tuned, as I'll be starting the countdown shortly!

ONE MORE THING: I just want to say that I WELCOME ALL DEBATE and criticism of my choices, so please tell me what you think!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The fact that I've had Dav's rankings in my original post and not my own has created a lot of confusion, so here's a quick reference for my own rankings, which will be updated as more girls are added.......

The Top 75 Hottest Female Players of the Last 10 Years
(My Rankings)

6. Dominika Cibulkova, SVK
7. Caroline Wozniacki, DEN
8. Anna Chakvetadze, RUS
9. Daniela Huntuchova, SVK
10. Ashley Harkleroad, USA
11. Jelena Dokic, AUS
12. Sorana Cirstea, ROU
13. Olga Puchkova (aka Olga Poutchkova), RUS
14. Olivia Sanchez, FRA
15. Gisela Dulko, ARG
16. Vera Zvonereva, RUS
17. Sania Mirza, IND
18. Marta Domachowska, POL
19. Alina Jidkova, RUS
20. Mathilde Johansson, FRA
21. Elena Vesnina, RUS
22. Julia Goerges, GER
23. Barbara Schett, AUT
24. Sabine Appelmans, BEL
25. Viktoriya Kutuzova, UKR
26. Raluca Sandu, ROU
27. Michaella Krajicek, NED
28. Iveta Benesova , CZE
29. Klara Zakopalova (aka Klara Koukalova), CZE
30. Anastasia Myskina, RUS
31. Petra Mandula, HUN
32. Alona Bondarenko, UKR
33. Angela Haynes, USA
34. Amanda Coetzer, RSA
35. Henrieta Nagyova, SVK
36. Elena Dementieva, RUS
37. Severine Bremond (aka Severine Beltrame), FRA
38. Petra Cetkovska, CZE
39. Martina Sucha, SVK
40. Zheng Jie (aka Jie Zheng), CHI
41. Anne-Gaelle Sidot, FRA
42. Miroslava Vavrinec, SUI
43. Flavia Pennetta, ITA
44. Mashona Washington, USA
45. Olga Barabanschikova, BLR
46. Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, RUS
47. Ioana Raluca Olaru, ROU
48. Camille Pin, FRA
49. Vasilisa Bardina, RUS
50. Agnes Szavay, HUN
51. Tatiana Perebiynis, UKR
52. Venus Williams, USA
53. Samantha Stosur, AUS
54. Jarmila Groth (aka Jarmila Gajdosova), AUS/SVK
55. Mirjana Lucic, CRO
56. Jelena Jankovic, SRB
57. Sabine Lisicki, GER
58. Nicole Vaidisova, CZE
59. Yaroslava Shvedova, KAZ/RUS
60. Maria Sanchez Lorenzo, ESP
61. Catalina Cristea, ROU
62. Stephanie Dubois, CAN
63. Wynne Prakusya, INA
64. Vera Dushevina, RUS
65. Varvara Lepchenko, USA/UZB
66. Andrea Petkovic, GER
67. Magdalena Grzybowska, POL
68. Tatjana Malek, GER
69. Tsvetana Pironkova, BUL
70. Maret Ani, EST
71. Patty Schnyder, SUI
72. Martina Hingis, SUI
73. Anke Huber, GER
74. Bethanie Mattek, USA
75. Agnieszka Radwanska, POL

THE TOP 75 HOTTEST FEMALE TENNIS PLAYERS OF THE LAST 10 YEARS

The biggest, most over-researched and most overly drawn-out hot female tennis player thread of all time!!!

THE TOP 50 WORST FEMALE TENNIS PLAYERS OF THE LAST 12 YEARS

Meet the players that make Brie Whitehead look like Steffi Graf!!!

Last edited by AnomyBC : Aug 28th, 2011 at 03:01 AM.
AnomyBC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 19th, 2009, 08:59 PM   #2
Vaidisova Ruled

Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future
Re: The Top 75 Hottest Female Tennis Players of the Last 10 Years: A Countdown

Again?
After all these threads, I think that no one care about who is the hottest anymore...

“They are definitely a good example of how local communities can overcome the ‘victim syndrome,’ take greater control over their lives and build productive futures for themselves,” Ms. Sharapova said - UN Goodwill Ambassador
Vaidisova Ruled is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2009, 09:01 PM   #3
country flag Sinovaccc

Sinovaccc is a glorious beacon of light Sinovaccc is a glorious beacon of light Sinovaccc is a glorious beacon of light Sinovaccc is a glorious beacon of light Sinovaccc is a glorious beacon of light Sinovaccc is a glorious beacon of light Sinovaccc is a glorious beacon of light Sinovaccc is a glorious beacon of light Sinovaccc is a glorious beacon of light Sinovaccc is a glorious beacon of light Sinovaccc is a glorious beacon of light

And you can never tell for sure...
Sinovaccc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2009, 09:09 PM   #4
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Boring
Old Jan 19th, 2009, 09:10 PM   #5
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Bacsinszky is a very beautiful girl.
Old Jan 19th, 2009, 09:11 PM   #6
country flag maja.amelie

maja.amelie is a name known to all maja.amelie is a name known to all maja.amelie is a name known to all maja.amelie is a name known to all maja.amelie is a name known to all maja.amelie is a name known to all maja.amelie is a name known to all maja.amelie is a name known to all maja.amelie is a name known to all maja.amelie is a name known to all maja.amelie is a name known to all

One player is obviously missing...

The queen

"You have to, I think, live your life"
maja.amelie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2009, 09:14 PM   #7
country flag AnomyBC

AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaidisova Rules View Post
Again?
After all these threads, I think that no one care about who is the hottest anymore...
But this isn't just any "hottest tennis players" thread. My goal is for it is to be the most epic, definitive and thoroughly researched "hottest tennis players" thread in the history of human civilization. I mean, we're talking about 75 girls here..... nothing of this scale has ever been attempted before!

The biggest, most over-researched and most overly drawn-out hot female tennis player thread of all time!!!

Old Jan 19th, 2009, 09:17 PM   #8
country flag AnomyBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by maja.amelie View Post
One player is obviously missing...
Who? Serena?

Old Jan 19th, 2009, 09:19 PM   #9
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty View Post
Bacsinszky is a very beautiful girl.
Agree. That was a very unflattering photo AnomyBC posted of her but most of the time Timea looks absolute adorable.
Old Jan 19th, 2009, 09:20 PM   #10
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnomyBC View Post
But this isn't just any "hottest tennis players" thread. My goal is for it is to be the most epic, definitive and thoroughly researched "hottest tennis players" thread in the history of human civilization. I mean, we're talking about 75 girls here..... nothing of this scale has ever been attempted before!
Well if it's so 'epic' why limit yourself to the top 100 players only
Old Jan 19th, 2009, 09:21 PM   #11
country flag maja.amelie

maja.amelie is a name known to all maja.amelie is a name known to all maja.amelie is a name known to all maja.amelie is a name known to all maja.amelie is a name known to all maja.amelie is a name known to all maja.amelie is a name known to all maja.amelie is a name known to all maja.amelie is a name known to all maja.amelie is a name known to all maja.amelie is a name known to all

I was just kidding

But why not Serena?

The queen

"You have to, I think, live your life"
maja.amelie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2009, 09:26 PM   #12
country flag AnomyBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZTENNIS View Post
Well if it's so 'epic' why limit yourself to the top 100 players only
Because I want it to be comprehensive. That's the whole point. I wanted to be able to research every individual player in my target group. If I had made it open to all players, like Dav did, it would be impossible to research every player, so the the list could never be comprehensive. There would always be people you would miss.

Old Jan 19th, 2009, 09:33 PM   #13
country flag AnomyBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCHorse View Post
Agree. That was a very unflattering photo AnomyBC posted of her but most of the time Timea looks absolute adorable.
I acknowledge that she looks better than that picture suggests, I'm just trying to illustrate the fact that she shouldn't have been at #30 on the list. I'm sure she's a nice girl though

Old Jan 19th, 2009, 09:38 PM   #14
country flag Ryan
NeverWoz

Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute

I'm looking forward to it.
Ryan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2009, 09:41 PM   #15
country flag AnomyBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by maja.amelie View Post
I was just kidding

But why not Serena?
She got a little too heavy for me (please don't kill me Serena fans!) I do have a Williams sister in my Top 75 though.