Melanie Oudin - Page 218 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 13th, 2013, 12:34 AM   #3256
country flag goOudinUSA
USA 2:1 Ghana

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Melanie Oudin

Mel's interview after her loss to Jankovic:

http://www.familycirclecup.com/artic...0403143915.pdf

Bally

Tim Howard
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 13th, 2013, 02:37 AM   #3257
country flag Ivanovic2008

Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute

She's says "I mean" so much
Old Apr 16th, 2013, 05:41 PM   #3258
country flag KingOfSwing

KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanovic2008 View Post
She's says "I mean" so much
Oh, poor thing. "Like, you know, I mean, you know, like, I kind of, like yeah, I mean ..."

Love Mel and will always root for her, but one of the first things I noticed a few years ago was how inarticulate she was and it seems she has gotten worse. She is not alone on the tour in this respect but it does point out that so many of these girls sacrifice their education. This is a problem for her. She cannot speak in a full, complete sentence. Reminds me of Jennifer Capriati, ages ago, only worse. Jennifer was simply uneducated and intellectually unprepared for life. A shame.

Mel doesn't have Capriati's big Slam-winning game to give her a safety net for life. If/when her ranking takes a terrible plunge again and it becomes apparent that tennis may not be working for the long term future, she might want to focus on her education. That interview was more disturbing than her losses. I think this also says as much about the sad state of education in the United States these days as it does about little Mel. Kids are graduating college illiterate, so not Mel's fault. But still ... No excuse for being so inarticulate. I think this may be another reason expectations rose and collapsed so drastically with Mel. They can't exactly show her off in an interview as a poised representative of the WTA.

You can tell she's such a great young lady. How many mistakes have people made with this girl and how much more? Get away and go to college like your sister, Mel, if it doesn't pan out. Your fans love you no matter what.

That interview. :
KingOfSwing is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 09:11 PM   #3259
country flag goOudinUSA

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

From Mel's twitter:

Quote:
And so the journey begins... 12 weeks in Europe starts now!!! #europeansummer #suchagrind
So excited!! GL Mel!
So we basically know her schedule:

Estoril
Madrid
Rome
Brussels
Roland Garros
(ITF-2nd Week of RG;if she loses early)
Birmingham
Eastbourne??
Wimbledon
(ITF-2nd Week of Wimby;if she loses early)
Other Possible ITFS-(there are a few 100k and 75k)

Bally

Tim Howard
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 09:52 PM   #3260
country flag moodin0931

moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

moodin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 11:01 PM   #3261
country flag Ivanovic2008

Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Mel! She needs to win some matches to sure up some points for when RG and Birmingham points come off (she probably won't be able to defend Birmingham based on recent form).
Old Apr 24th, 2013, 12:45 AM   #3262
country flag goOudinUSA

Mel's performance in Birmingham was just out of no where. When she won it last year, she was in the 300's...so she wasn't in form then either...

I just hope she can have a good clay court season.
Win a round or 2 in Estoril and Brussels;Qualify in both Madrid and Rome;and Make 2nd round at Roland Garros, I feel would be a good clay season.

Hopefully she can defend most of her points in Birmingham. Isn't Birmingham moving to a premier event, so she will have to win less rounds to defend her points??

Bally

Tim Howard
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 02:33 AM   #3263
country flag goOudinUSA

Estoril QD comes out tomorrow! I think Mel will be seeded!

Bally

Tim Howard
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 03:18 AM   #3264
country flag Srodgers

Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute

It's April and almost May and she just has one win

Uh oh
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 05:17 AM   #3265
country flag HSTENNISGUY

HSTENNISGUY is just really nice HSTENNISGUY is just really nice HSTENNISGUY is just really nice HSTENNISGUY is just really nice HSTENNISGUY is just really nice HSTENNISGUY is just really nice HSTENNISGUY is just really nice HSTENNISGUY is just really nice HSTENNISGUY is just really nice HSTENNISGUY is just really nice HSTENNISGUY is just really nice

Anybody else notice Mel's backhand has basically become her weapon. The forehand was huge not it has gone bad with too much loopy spin. I would like to know whose bright idea was to change a good thing.
HSTENNISGUY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 03:25 PM   #3266
country flag tenisamulo

tenisamulo has a brilliant future tenisamulo has a brilliant future tenisamulo has a brilliant future tenisamulo has a brilliant future tenisamulo has a brilliant future tenisamulo has a brilliant future tenisamulo has a brilliant future tenisamulo has a brilliant future tenisamulo has a brilliant future tenisamulo has a brilliant future tenisamulo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSTENNISGUY View Post
Anybody else notice Mel's backhand has basically become her weapon. The forehand was huge not it has gone bad with too much loopy spin. I would like to know whose bright idea was to change a good thing.
I don't think it's a choice on her part to play the backhand as much as she does. That's just the way others play her. They hit to her backhand to stay away from her forehand, and they were more likely to get a weak return off that bh side. Because of that, and practice, Mel's backhand's gotten better. It's a good thing. But, when she wins matches it's still because that forehand can be so deadly when it's 'on'.

My issue is with how little she plays. She keeps having these long stretches where she doesn't play for weeks. She played a good match against an in-form JJ, but that was, what, a month ago? She hasn't played a competitive match since. It's hard to build any form without real matches.
tenisamulo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 09:36 PM   #3267
country flag goOudinUSA

Mel is the 5th seed in the QD in Oeiras!!

Her QR1 opponent is Valeria Savinykh. GL Mel!

Bally

Tim Howard
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 10:39 PM   #3268
country flag moodin0931

moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Val has been in a slump too so hopefully Mel can pull this out!
moodin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 01:13 AM   #3269
country flag goOudinUSA

Play starts at 5am EST and Mel plays 3rd on Court 3, so I assume her match will start around 8:30-9am EST...

Lets go Mel! You have a great chance to qualify!! GL!

Bally

Tim Howard
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 03:15 AM   #3270
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goOudinUSA View Post
Mel is the 5th seed in the QD in Oeiras!!

Her QR1 opponent is Valeria Savinykh. GL Mel!

GL Mel!
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote