Melanie Oudin - Page 203 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 8th, 2012, 01:13 AM   #3031
country flag tenisamulo

tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Melanie Oudin

Lost vs Beth (again) 36 46
Could've been worse. She almost lost 36 26, but was able to put a couple of games together.

Enjoy your time off Mel
tenisamulo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 8th, 2012, 03:01 AM   #3032
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Melanie Still has doubles with Maria! So GL!!

AND

2012 has been amazing!! 1st WTA title and 2 ITF titles! She is back in the top 100 and has hopefully secured an AO MD spot!! Keep it up in 2013!

Bally

Ana Ivanovic
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 02:11 PM   #3033
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Mel It was always going to be tough. Not too bad a scoreline though

Still a very strong year with getting herself back inside the Top 90 and winning her 1st WTA Title I can't wait to see how she does in Australia. The first entry lists for the warm ups should be coming out in a couple weeks I hope she plays Hobart as US girls always seem to play well at Hobart
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 05:15 PM   #3034
country flag tenisamulo

tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goOudinUSA View Post
Still has doubles with Maria! So GL!!
Oops you can tell how close I follow doubles matches that I can't watch
Shame she couldn't find a way to win a set against Beth though. But, I'm sure she'll get a lot of opportunities to try again next year
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 12:49 AM   #3035
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Well they lost in doubles in a very lopsided match.

6-1,1-6,8-10

They won first set easy. They didn't put up a fight in the 2nd. Mel and Maria were then down 0-7 in the TB. Then 4-8. Then they pulled even at 8-8. Mel and Maria then lost the next two points, and Melanie's season came to a close...

Melanie's season
Singles record: 39-25 (counting MD and QD wins)
Doubles record: 10-14

1 WTA title - Birmingham
2 ITF titles - Charlottesville; New Braunfels
__________________________________________________ __________

Have fun in the offseason!!! Hopefully she plays a warm up in Australia before the AO.
You can follow Mel on twitter...@melanie_oudin!

Bally

Ana Ivanovic
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 06:42 AM   #3036
country flag simonsaystennis
Team USA

simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute

Well, this was honestly a very positive season. In my opinion, her most positive season since 2009. It had its ups and its downs, but overall it was great to see Mel fighting and getting some wins again. I won't forget that Birmingham title or her R1 win over Larsson at the French any time soon. Lots of room to move up the rankings in the first part of 2013... go Mel!

Vandeweghe ~ Mattek-Sands ~ King ~ Hampton ~ Riske ~ Glatch ~ Capra ~ Albanese ~ Brengle ~ Craybas ~ Rogers ~ Stephens ~ Boserup ~ Davis ~ Keys ~ Hardebeck ~ Brodsky ~ Gibbs ~ Pegula ~ Min ~ Townsend ~ Duval ~ Vickery ~Kiick
simonsaystennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 12:50 AM   #3037
country flag tenisamulo

It's been an incredible year. Read some of the posts from the end of last year and the beginning of this year. Going from that hopelessness to three titles, and a solid position in the top 100 by season's end, is amazing. Next year should be fun.

The Australian run has been tough for Mel, but with the right training she'll hopefully be able to improve like she did on clay this year. She can play on the surface. Mel's 2010 Hobart match with Sara Errani was such a brilliant performance up to 5-0, Mel running everything down and hitting some great shots, power, precision, tactics, just unstoppable. Then, Sara managed to hold serve for 5-1, and Mel fell apart. From then, she hit the ball into the net or two feet wide on every important shot. Regardless of what had happened between 0-0 and 5-0, by 5-2 it was obvious that she was going to lose the match in three sets. That was, for me, the beginning of the style of tennis she became known for through 2010 to the beginning of 2012: terrified and tight. But, for five games she played as well as she had against Pavlyuchenkova in the 09 USO. So, I think she's quite capable of playing on Australia's slow, high bounce, "blue clay" hard courts. She just hasn't been in the right head-space to do it.

Also, over the break she must make amends with the Draw Gods. For Draw Gods' sake Mel, sort it out!
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 01:58 AM   #3038
country flag GOATdin0931

GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Great season Mel!!

Try and snatch a win or two down in Melbourne
GOATdin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 03:53 AM   #3039
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

So how is everyone going?

Bally

Ana Ivanovic
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 01:03 AM   #3040
country flag GOATdin0931

GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Great! But how is Mel doing? She posts on twitter almost daily now!!
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 01:51 AM   #3041
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Yea I know. I follow her on twitter!

I wonder where she will play her AO warm-up?? She will probably be a seed on the QD, as the MD cut-offs for most of the tournaments are in the high 60's to low 70's.

Bally

Ana Ivanovic
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 02:48 AM   #3042
country flag tenisamulo

I would think she'll play a few AO warm-ups. Only playing qualifying this year was out of the norm for her, and a mistake, I think. She needed to adapt to the surface before playing such and important match. I expect you'll see her down there a lot sooner this time. Hopefully she's been chanting, burning candles, sacrificing goats, or whatever it takes to appease the draw gods. May the draw gods' wrath over getting their asses handed to them in the 09 USO finally be stilled

Last edited by tenisamulo : Nov 30th, 2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 02:57 AM   #3043
country flag GOATdin0931

^

Hope she plays Auckland and then Hobart. Also wasn't she supposed to play in a Hawaii Exhibition?
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 03:05 AM   #3044
country flag tenisamulo

Seem to recall something about a Hawaii Exhibition, don't know
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 03:30 AM   #3045
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Yes I believe that she is playing in Hawaii sometime in December...

Bally

Ana Ivanovic