Melanie Oudin - Page 156 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 02:23 AM   #2326
country flag Srodgers

Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Melanie Oudin

I expected this to be honest.
Advertisement

Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 03:28 PM   #2327
country flag TrojanStallion

TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future

From Tennis.com:

Oudin on recent struggles: "It's all on me"
Ticker - Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Even though she is on a four-match losing streak and has seen her ranking drop to No. 111, American teenager Melanie Oudin says that she will make no changes to her team or ask anyone else for help. The 2009 U.S. Open quarterfinalist says that she striking the ball well in practice, but is focusing too much on the score in matches. On Tuesday at the Mercury Insurance Open in San Diego, Elena Baltacha walloped her, 6-0 6-1, in less than an hour.

"I feel like it’s about my figuring it out and I can’t get down on myself every time I lose," she told TENNIS.com. "I don’t feel like it’s somebody else’s fault. Some players when they do well, they just blame the coach. But I'm smart enough to realize that it’s not the coach. It’s all on me."

Oudin has been coached by South African Brian de Villiers since she's been a junior. The Fed Cupper says that USTA Player Development has reached out to her, but she's not ready to accept a helping hand.

After Wimbledon, Oudin took a 10-day vacation the Bahamas with her twin sister Katherine and felt like she had cleared her head, but the results have not shown up yet.

"When I practice I’m relaxed and hitting freely," said Oudin, who will try and qualify for Toronto next week. "But in matches I have to forget about winning or losing, but that is way easier said that done. It’s mental.”

I don't think this is good, not good at all!!!
TrojanStallion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 04:02 PM   #2328
country flag Srodgers

Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute

She's so delusional.
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 07:50 PM   #2329
country flag Wintermute

Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanStallion View Post
The Fed Cupper says that USTA Player Development has reached out to her, but she's not ready to accept a helping hand.
So how many matches in a row does she have to lose before she feels ready to look elsewhere for help?
Wintermute is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 09:30 PM   #2330
country flag Ivanovic2008

Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever I give up. Her talent is wasted and she will never play well again. I was still holding on to a thread of hope that she would find a new coach and regroup but obviously that's not going to happen.
Old Aug 4th, 2011, 12:55 AM   #2331
country flag Srodgers

Omg I have been one of Mel's only fans that stuck with her through thick and thin and I got a bad rep for calling her delusional
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 12:05 PM   #2332
country flag Consigliere

Consigliere is a splendid one to behold Consigliere is a splendid one to behold Consigliere is a splendid one to behold Consigliere is a splendid one to behold Consigliere is a splendid one to behold Consigliere is a splendid one to behold Consigliere is a splendid one to behold Consigliere is a splendid one to behold Consigliere is a splendid one to behold Consigliere is a splendid one to behold Consigliere is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srodgers View Post
Omg I have been one of Mel's only fans that stuck with her through thick and thin and I got a bad rep for calling her delusional
yeah sorry about that, i just thought it was innapropriate for a cheering thread.

Consigliere is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 12:37 AM   #2333
country flag Srodgers

She faces Jovanovski in the first round of Toronto Qualies.

Win a few games okay?
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 12:57 AM   #2334
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Good luck Mel
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 02:52 AM   #2335
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

It's good to see they're are still a few non fair weather fans supporting Mel

GL in Toronto!
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 03:19 AM   #2336
country flag simonsaystennis
Team USA

simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute

Do your best Mel. Recapture some of that old fight/spark!

Vandeweghe ~ Mattek-Sands ~ King ~ Hampton ~ Riske ~ Glatch ~ Capra ~ Albanese ~ Brengle ~ Craybas ~ Rogers ~ Stephens ~ Boserup ~ Davis ~ Keys ~ Hardebeck ~ Brodsky ~ Gibbs ~ Pegula ~ Min ~ Townsend ~ Duval ~ Vickery ~Kiick
simonsaystennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 04:54 AM   #2337
country flag Ivanovic2008

Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not a fair weather fan. Check out my faces. It's just that if Mel isn't going to do anything differently..
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 02:23 AM   #2338
country flag Srodgers

She lost 64 62

Well where's she off to next?
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 05:37 PM   #2339
country flag moodin0931

moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

She should have played Bronx...
moodin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2011, 05:41 PM   #2340
country flag TrojanStallion

TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future

I honestly hope for her own good, she doesn't enter Cincy qualies, as I feel these losses have to affect her to some point! She needs to enter some ITF's, get some wins, and figure some stuff out. If she has no plans to switch coaches or change the direction of her career, she is going to keep falling, and getting blown out in WTA events is no boost to ones confidence.
TrojanStallion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote