Melanie Oudin - Page 151 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 21st, 2011, 08:19 PM   #2251
country flag TrojanStallion

TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future
Re: Melanie Oudin

0-6, 1-6 loss to Ivanovic. Expected. Out of Top 100. Absolutely horrible.
Maybe now, with absolutely no expectations on her, and nobody expecting her to do anything, she can figure something out and how to win a tennis match.
I feel bad about the attitude towards USA players right now, but geez, this is pathetic....
TrojanStallion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 21st, 2011, 08:54 PM   #2252
country flag Srodgers

Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent Mel
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 09:24 PM   #2253
country flag Matej

Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of

Well, I am not her fan, but i wonder: WTF happened to Oudin´s forehand? It used to be a decent shot and she was able to hit quite a few winners from that side. Now she has absolutely no power at all on her forehand? How on earth can someone´s forehand (and serve and backhand and ... well, everything) regress so much in such a short time (one year and half)?

Cetkovská ~ Hradecká ~ Hlaváčková ~ Hantuchova ~ Lisicki ~ Mona Barthel ~ Makarova ~ Chakvetadze ~ Laura Robson ~ Pliskova twins

Last edited by Matej : Jun 21st, 2011 at 09:49 PM.
Matej is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 09:35 PM   #2254
country flag simonsaystennis
Team USA

simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely pathetic. Hopefully this will be the wakeup call she needs to get some new direction for her career.

Vandeweghe ~ Mattek-Sands ~ King ~ Hampton ~ Riske ~ Glatch ~ Capra ~ Albanese ~ Brengle ~ Craybas ~ Rogers ~ Stephens ~ Boserup ~ Davis ~ Keys ~ Hardebeck ~ Brodsky ~ Gibbs ~ Pegula ~ Min ~ Townsend ~ Duval ~ Vickery ~Kiick
simonsaystennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 11:04 PM   #2255
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Mel I can't help but wonder if she's still suffering from the injury she had in May? In any case, hopefully this is the wake up call she needs. Sort of like when an alcoholic hits rock bottom
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 11:20 PM   #2256
country flag Matej

Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of

By the way, out of her seven sets that she played at grandslam tournaments this year, she lost 1:6 three times, 0:6 two times and 2:6 one time. Pretty bad record.

Cetkovská ~ Hradecká ~ Hlaváčková ~ Hantuchova ~ Lisicki ~ Mona Barthel ~ Makarova ~ Chakvetadze ~ Laura Robson ~ Pliskova twins
Matej is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2011, 02:45 AM   #2257
country flag GOATdin0931

GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Next Tournament?
GOATdin0931 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2011, 05:36 AM   #2258
country flag tennis-insomniac

tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute

I think most people here don't realize Ana played a very good match and Mel is not the player she was 2 years ago due to many reasons. I wish people in GM who criticize her so harshly would submit themselves to WTA/ATP and try to live the live of a tennis player, and see how good they can get.

-"Still On The Road"
tennis-insomniac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2011, 12:18 PM   #2259
country flag Ivanovic2008

Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Of course I was cheering for Ana the whole time but I wanted to be a little bit closer... Melanie what the fuck? You played like a recreational player. A pusher who hits a bunch errors. Come on Mel get a coach and pick up your career.
Old Jun 22nd, 2011, 11:04 PM   #2260
country flag Wintermute

Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis-insomniac View Post
I think most people here don't realize Ana played a very good match and Mel is not the player she was 2 years ago due to many reasons.
Yes, but lets not delude ourselves, we're not just talking about one match. It's a string of bad results and this just caps it off. I was looking forward to the grass season after the clay as I thought that would be where Mel's season got going again.

I don't know what the root cause of the problem is but she needs to have a long, hard think about whether to make changes.

I was there on Tuesday and really hoping to get on that court to see the match. As it happened, because the match went on so late it was one of the only courts with play still going so there was a huge queue to get on. So I ended up just watching a couple of games from the top of Court 3. Tried to take some photos too but it was very far away! From what I saw, Ana was absolutely destroying Mel's second serve. Didn't look pretty.
Wintermute is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 03:24 PM   #2261
country flag GOATdin0931

GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Doubles on now...hope they win more than one game
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 03:51 PM   #2262
country flag GOATdin0931

down 0*-4

wasted 4 game points at 0*-2
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 03:52 PM   #2263
country flag GOATdin0931

0-5*

oyeee...
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 04:00 PM   #2264
country flag GOATdin0931

Lost first set 6-0 on third set point!

Under 20 minutes...I do not like their double pairing as the total games won in the first for both of them was 4
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 04:05 PM   #2265
country flag GOATdin0931

0-1*

2nd bp :/:/