Australian Open 2009 - Livestream-Link added!!! - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 19th, 2009, 05:40 AM   #31
country flag ViennaCalling
Team WTAworld
Lounge Owner

ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Australian Open 2009 - Livestream-Link added!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Heart Masha View Post
Dokic isn't playing well. Tamira is serving at 29%. There's a difference between playing well and not playing as bad as your opponent and that's all this match is about. Pity to see that Tamira didn't work on her serve during the offseason.
She worked on her serve, look at the Ball Toss

Tamira PASZEK
Na LI - Francesca SCHIAVONE - Roberta VINCI
Tamira's backhand, Roby's slice, Galina's dropshot

ViennaCalling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 19th, 2009, 05:43 AM   #32
Team WTAworld
Lounge Owner

ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute

2-2

A service game to 0

Tamira PASZEK

Old Jan 19th, 2009, 05:52 AM   #33
Team WTAworld
Lounge Owner

2-6 *4-3

Tamira PASZEK

Old Jan 19th, 2009, 05:53 AM   #34
Team WTAworld
Lounge Owner

Itīs on Eurosport now!

Tamira PASZEK

Old Jan 19th, 2009, 03:17 PM   #35
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute

WTF, Tamira?

I guess that's what you get when you fire your coach and have no match practice to start the year. What a wasted opportunity, though. With Chakvetadze struggling she could have made it the 3R at least.

From what I saw on the livestream:

Positives

Mental toughness to come back after dismal first set, especially when it was obvious the heat was making her ill. Shrewdness on many points--she reminds me more and more of Hingis the way she plays cat and mouse with her opponents. She looked about as fit as at the end of last year, which is better than where she was at this time last year.

Negatives

Too many to mention all of them, really. Serve is atrocious, even worse than last year. Ball toss has gone awry. She was chasing way too many tosses and hitting them sidearmed. Looked like she had been practicing with Ana too much. Too many dumb errors, but with no match experience, that's to be expected. She wasn't adequately prepared for the heat, and from the moment she entered the court you could see it. A depressing 4/15 on BP chances. She had so many opportunities and could not convert.

Well, I am majorly depressed now. With Maria not playing and Tamira and Aravane both out in R1 I was practically ready to jump off a bridge last night.

When is Tamira's next tourney?

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
'
Kipling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 09:10 AM   #36
country flag joe87

joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Pattaya most likely.

From laola1.at:

Quote:
Paszek fand trotz des Ausscheidens auch Positives: "Mir hat einfach die Konstanz gefehlt, nachdem ich eineinhalb Monate nie auf dem Platz war. Aber immerhin war ich schmerzfrei. Es ist ein sehr harter Weg zurück, aber ich glaube, ich bin auf dem richtigen Weg. Tennismäßig bin ich wohl knapp über 50 Prozent."

Das vergangene Jahr ist für Paszek kein Thema mehr. "Es war eine einzige Katastrophe, aber jetzt ist das abgehakt. Nun habe ich wieder ein super Umfeld und viel Unterstützung von Freunden und Familie", meinte sie.

Die Dornbirnerin wird in nächster Zeit viel in Barcelona bei ihrem Coach Angel Gimenez weilen. "Er ist ein super Trainer und eine Wahnsinnspersönlichkeit. Das ist eine ganz neue Herausforderung", sagte Paszek.

Sie will sich in Barcelona bald eine Wohnung mieten und rasch Spanisch lernen. Ihre nächsten Turniereinsätze sind ebenfalls in Pattaya und Dubai geplant.
That means about:
She said that she had no constance because she wasn't on court for one and a half month. At least she feeled no pain. It's a hard way back but she thinks she is on the right way. She was a bit more than 50% in her match.

Last year was a total disaster but she forgot about it. Now she has a god environment again, and her family and friends support her a lot.

About Angel Gimenez: He is a great trainer and a has a great personality. It's a new challenge for her. She wants to find a flat in Barcelona and will learn to speak spanish.

Tournament plan: Pattaya, Dubai
Suicide Tennis: Rank: #22 Highest: #2
Titles: 2007 Bad Gastein, 2008 US Open, 2009 Sydney, Miami, YEC Doha 2010 Dubai, Budapest, Prague 2011 Brussels 2013 Strasbourg
Tennis Tipping: Rank: #33 Highest: #1 Doubles: Rank: #41 Highest: #1
Titles S: 2009 ITF Dubai 2010 Bad Gastein, Tashkent 2011 Sydney, ITF Nassau, ITF Alphen, Seoul 2012 ITF Civitavecchia, Wimbledon, Carlsbad
Titles D: 2009 5x ITF 2010 Fes, Rome, Tokyo, YEC Doha 2011 ITF Monzon, Baku, Seoul 2012 Paris, Taipei, ITF Pune 2013 4x ITF, Charleston, Nürnberg 2014 ITF Alphen, Tashkent
joe87 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 10:31 AM   #37
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks!

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
'
Kipling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 11:26 AM   #38
Team WTAworld
Lounge Owner

Thanks for the article Joe

Quote:
WTF, Tamira?

I guess that's what you get when you fire your coach and have no match practice to start the year. What a wasted opportunity, though. With Chakvetadze struggling she could have made it the 3R at least.

From what I saw on the livestream:

Positives

Mental toughness to come back after dismal first set, especially when it was obvious the heat was making her ill. Shrewdness on many points--she reminds me more and more of Hingis the way she plays cat and mouse with her opponents. She looked about as fit as at the end of last year, which is better than where she was at this time last year.

Negatives

Too many to mention all of them, really. Serve is atrocious, even worse than last year. Ball toss has gone awry. She was chasing way too many tosses and hitting them sidearmed. Looked like she had been practicing with Ana too much. Too many dumb errors, but with no match experience, that's to be expected. She wasn't adequately prepared for the heat, and from the moment she entered the court you could see it. A depressing 4/15 on BP chances. She had so many opportunities and could not convert.

Well, I am majorly depressed now. With Maria not playing and Tamira and Aravane both out in R1 I was practically ready to jump off a bridge last night.

I could not agree more

A very good summary of what we saw yesterday!

POSITIVES:

-FITNESS: Iīm happy that Tamira wasnīt slow on court, actually she moved quite good! With some training sessions and a little work her game will be back I hope!

-FOREHAND (?): And at the beginning of the first set her FH looked really strong It was shit afterwards, but I guess itīs improved a little bit!

NEGATIVE:

-Serve!!!! Although the first serve seemed a little bit faster than usual (sometimes) it was so heartbreaking to watch. This Ball Toss!!!! Totally like Ivanovic or Dementieva some years ago! She had more problems with it from the Adv-side. I was in front of the televison when I saw that awful toss

-Passivness! It was horrible to watch that she was not aggressive at all. She showed some great defense at some points but for the most part of the 3rd set she didnīt play much - she let Dokic make the winners and the errors! She just put the ball back

Tamira PASZEK