New ranking system poll - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which ranking system would you prefer?

TOP15 5 83.33%
52-WEEK ENTRY 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 29th, 2009, 06:41 PM   #1
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
New ranking system poll

Would you prefer a TOP15 ranking system, where only 15 best results from the past calendar year would make up a player's point total, or a 52 week ranking system, where points would have to be defended based on the last year's results, every week points earned last year would fall of and be replaced by those earned this year? In the later case all the points (not just top15) would make the point total.
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 29th, 2009, 10:38 PM   #2
country flag Tales

Tales is a splendid one to behold Tales is a splendid one to behold Tales is a splendid one to behold Tales is a splendid one to behold Tales is a splendid one to behold Tales is a splendid one to behold Tales is a splendid one to behold Tales is a splendid one to behold Tales is a splendid one to behold Tales is a splendid one to behold Tales is a splendid one to behold
Re: New ranking system poll

Do points drop off and have to be defended in the first opption as well? When I wrote 52-week ranking I didn't mean "count them all" but that only your top 15 from the last 52 weeks will count. Anyway I don't think you are get many people to vote.
#9 Highest #1 Titles: 2009: Budapest, Los Angeles, Cincinnati, 2010: Sydney, Moscow
Suicide Tennis: #51 Highest #23 Win: Bad Gastein 09, 's-Hertogenbosch 10, RU: Osaka 09, Luxembourg 09
TT Singles: #114 Highest #106
TT Doubles: #62 Highest #62 Titles: 2009 ITF Saint-Gaudens(w Marco tennis), 2010 Barcelona (w WhoAmI)
Tales is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2009, 06:24 AM   #3
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, points defendable in the first option too, but you only have to really defend them if it's a top15 result, otherwise you don't need to and can skip a week. So it's basically what you had in mind with a 52 week entry.
Old Jan 5th, 2010, 07:30 PM   #4
country flag Broseghini

Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute

Why only 15?

We have 4GS + 4PM + 5P5 = 13 events with 64/128 players. Obvyously they will count for ranking.

Then, we have only +2 events for have points. And we have a great schedule for count only two PREMIER/INTERNACIONAL events.

I believe 18 events is a number better

MARIA KIRILENKO | ALIZE CORNET | MARION BARTOLI
MARIA SHARAPOVA | JELENA JANKOVIC | ANA IVANOVIC | CAROLINE GARCIA
Broseghini is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2010, 11:20 PM   #5
country flag Tales

Tales is a splendid one to behold Tales is a splendid one to behold Tales is a splendid one to behold Tales is a splendid one to behold Tales is a splendid one to behold Tales is a splendid one to behold Tales is a splendid one to behold Tales is a splendid one to behold Tales is a splendid one to behold Tales is a splendid one to behold Tales is a splendid one to behold

If you performed great or even won an International/32-draw premier tournament and flunked in the bigger ones, then the bonus points will favour the International/32-draw tournament. For example Dazmarelli won Bad Gastein and gained 155 points. He came 18/19 in Los Angeles and gained 55 points. But I guess ma re could take a quick look over the rankings and see how much impact the smaller tournaments are on the ranking just to check?
#9 Highest #1 Titles: 2009: Budapest, Los Angeles, Cincinnati, 2010: Sydney, Moscow
Suicide Tennis: #51 Highest #23 Win: Bad Gastein 09, 's-Hertogenbosch 10, RU: Osaka 09, Luxembourg 09
TT Singles: #114 Highest #106
TT Doubles: #62 Highest #62 Titles: 2009 ITF Saint-Gaudens(w Marco tennis), 2010 Barcelona (w WhoAmI)
Tales is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 06:42 AM   #6
country flag ma re

Tales is right, cause whenever a player gets a lousy result on one of the Premier events, that one gets replaced by a good result on International events (cause bonus points can make a big difference). For example you, Broseghini, made very good results in Acapulco and S'Hertogenbosch last year and those are among your best, eventhough they're only International series. It can also happen that for some reason you cannot play one of the Premier events, or that you skip one day and miss out on bonus points because of that. On every International series events about 7 or 8 players (on average) make their top15 result.