The Maria Sharapova Picture Thread 2009 onward - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 11th, 2009, 06:24 PM   #16
country flag number33

number33 is a glorious beacon of light number33 is a glorious beacon of light number33 is a glorious beacon of light number33 is a glorious beacon of light number33 is a glorious beacon of light number33 is a glorious beacon of light number33 is a glorious beacon of light number33 is a glorious beacon of light number33 is a glorious beacon of light number33 is a glorious beacon of light number33 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: The Maria Sharapova Picture Thread 2009 onward

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Esther~ View Post

We're supposed to see this kind of pic every year!!!
number33 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 11th, 2009, 06:40 PM   #17
country flag Emina.

Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute

new thread
Emina. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 11th, 2009, 06:46 PM   #18
country flag Destiny

Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute

TWITTER NAME : https://twitter.com/Mozzawalks
Destiny is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 09:41 AM   #19
country flag kasia1992

kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of

kasia1992 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 10:47 AM   #20
country flag Wolfruler

Wolfruler is a name known to all Wolfruler is a name known to all Wolfruler is a name known to all Wolfruler is a name known to all Wolfruler is a name known to all Wolfruler is a name known to all Wolfruler is a name known to all Wolfruler is a name known to all Wolfruler is a name known to all Wolfruler is a name known to all Wolfruler is a name known to all

Not to put any salt in anything, but how many WTA points are Masha going to lose by not attending the AO? She is allready slipping out of the top 10...
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 11:49 AM   #21
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfruler View Post
Not to put any salt in anything, but how many WTA points are Masha going to lose by not attending the AO? She is allready slipping out of the top 10...
The important thing is that she can fully fix that shoulder. When she's done that and she is fully fit again it doesn't matter that she's outside the top ten, she'll be back there soon.
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 02:32 PM   #22
country flag Ksenia.
The fire still burns.

Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
According to the new ranking system slam winner gets 2000 points.... so I think that how many she'll lose
Ksenia. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 02:47 PM   #23
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by number33 View Post
We're supposed to see this kind of pic every year!!!

What makes you think we're not gonna see one of these this year?

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 03:50 PM   #24
country flag number33

number33 is a glorious beacon of light number33 is a glorious beacon of light number33 is a glorious beacon of light number33 is a glorious beacon of light number33 is a glorious beacon of light number33 is a glorious beacon of light number33 is a glorious beacon of light number33 is a glorious beacon of light number33 is a glorious beacon of light number33 is a glorious beacon of light number33 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summon View Post
What makes you think we're not gonna see one of these this year?
oh, sorry, what i meant was the kind with AO throphy
but yeah, hopefully we'll see that kind of pics with FO&/Wimby&/USO trophy this year!
number33 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 04:15 PM   #25
country flag Wolfruler

Wolfruler is a name known to all Wolfruler is a name known to all Wolfruler is a name known to all Wolfruler is a name known to all Wolfruler is a name known to all Wolfruler is a name known to all Wolfruler is a name known to all Wolfruler is a name known to all Wolfruler is a name known to all Wolfruler is a name known to all Wolfruler is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niya View Post
According to the new ranking system slam winner gets 2000 points.... so I think that how many she'll lose
YOu really think so? That wouldnt be fair!!
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 04:26 PM   #26
country flag MaitaBaby
fallshortpova

MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasia1992 View Post
Charlie's like "whuuu?" He's so in love with her it's not even funny.
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 05:27 PM   #27
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
YOu really think so? That wouldnt be fair!!
Prior to her withdrawing from the Open her website said that she had to defend 2000 points from her title, because of the change of ranking system. All her points were doubles so I guess she'll also lose a lot of points from her 2008 Doha title, the IW semi and the AI Title, depending on when she comes back maybe even the RG points

Not to discourage anyone but I did some quick maths:
She currently has 5030 points
- 2000 points for not defending the Australian Open title
- 860 points for not defending Doha (It's not in the schedule anymore)

That would leave her at 2170 points by the end of february. Which would equal a ranking position just outside the top 20 at the moment...

If she stays out longer it would be:

- 420 points if she's not back by Indian Wells
- 550 points for not defending Amelia Island (It's also not in the schedule anymore)

That would leave her at just 1200 to 1620 points by the middle of April
Currently that would be a ranking somewhere between 35 - 45

Then if she would decide to not participate in her beloved clay season she would lose

- 390 points from the Rome semi
- 280 points from the Roland Garros 4th round

That would leave her at about 530 points
, which would be a ranking outside the top 100...
Just thinking about it almost makes me faint!

Of course all this is speculation and I don't think she will be out for that long. Actually I kind expect her (hope her to be) back at IW/Miami where she would be able to gain up to 1000 points!

As for protected ranking, I have no idea how that works. Maybe someone else can help me out on that.

But rankings are just numbers and her health is way more important than her ranking and once she comes back at 100% she will rocket up the rankings again in no time
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 05:46 PM   #28
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the calculation. And I agree, health is more important. But what about protected raking in case she misses much more of the season?
but it's probaly not the right place to discuss...
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 05:56 PM   #29
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyna View Post
thanks for the calculation. And I agree, health is more important. But what about protected raking in case she misses much more of the season?
but it's probaly not the right place to discuss...
will open a new thread auf der stelle
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 06:33 PM   #30
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaitaBaby View Post
Charlie's like "whuuu?" He's so in love with her it's not even funny.
I saw it differently--she just made a snarky, smart-assed comment--it might not be romantic--but I think there is a level of comfort there.
nelsondan is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread