The Maria Sharapova Picture Thread 2009 onward - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2009, 02:48 PM   #46
country flag Mikey B

Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of
Re: The Maria Sharapova Picture Thread 2009 onward

wow three pages and three pictures!!! come back maria!!! lol!
Mikey B is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 13th, 2009, 04:54 PM   #47
country flag Lolagirl

Lolagirl is just really nice Lolagirl is just really nice Lolagirl is just really nice Lolagirl is just really nice Lolagirl is just really nice Lolagirl is just really nice Lolagirl is just really nice Lolagirl is just really nice Lolagirl is just really nice Lolagirl is just really nice Lolagirl is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanabd View Post
I watched the match, and Maria is in the video in the 4th quarter with Yuri in her side. I think Maria sitted with Yuri at the first, then he went to water,beer....and Charlie what was in the match, went running and he sitted. To Maria doesn´t like and after all pic, he went out. Then Yuri is back with her. Besides, Maria went with Yuri to the match

This sounds like a fact.....
Is this part speculation???? Or did u see all this?
Old Jan 13th, 2009, 06:07 PM   #48
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.shareapic.net/content.php...leofeverything

Uh oh. Maria is scowling at Charlie, or maybe at the Laker cheerleaders, and Charlie does not even dare to look at them! What does that tell you?

That maybe he is looking at a close up of....something....on the video screen. This
is difficult.

Please, Maria---don't give us any more pictures, until we fully analyze the ones we already have. It is almost too much for us to handle!
nelsondan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 13th, 2009, 06:12 PM   #49
country flag MaitaBaby
fallshortpova

MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsondan View Post
Please, Maria---don't give us any more pictures, until we fully analyze the ones we already have. It is almost too much for us to handle!
I think that's just you, Dan. I want more pictures! Preferably with Charlie.
Old Jan 13th, 2009, 07:56 PM   #50
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

Just trying some reverse psychology. No luck---yet.
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 04:29 AM   #51
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginMary View Post
Prior to her withdrawing from the Open her website said that she had to defend 2000 points from her title, because of the change of ranking system. All her points were doubles so I guess she'll also lose a lot of points from her 2008 Doha title, the IW semi and the AI Title, depending on when she comes back maybe even the RG points

Not to discourage anyone but I did some quick maths:
She currently has 5030 points
- 2000 points for not defending the Australian Open title
- 860 points for not defending Doha (It's not in the schedule anymore)

That would leave her at 2170 points by the end of february. Which would equal a ranking position just outside the top 20 at the moment...

If she stays out longer it would be:

- 420 points if she's not back by Indian Wells
- 550 points for not defending Amelia Island (It's also not in the schedule anymore)

That would leave her at just 1200 to 1620 points by the middle of April
Currently that would be a ranking somewhere between 35 - 45

Then if she would decide to not participate in her beloved clay season she would lose

- 390 points from the Rome semi
- 280 points from the Roland Garros 4th round

That would leave her at about 530 points
, which would be a ranking outside the top 100...
Just thinking about it almost makes me faint!

Of course all this is speculation and I don't think she will be out for that long. Actually I kind expect her (hope her to be) back at IW/Miami where she would be able to gain up to 1000 points!

As for protected ranking, I have no idea how that works. Maybe someone else can help me out on that.

But rankings are just numbers and her health is way more important than her ranking and once she comes back at 100% she will rocket up the rankings again in no time
That's an apocalypse scemario ! I think I'm gonna put myself to pray seriously for Maria no to find herself beyond the top 30.

The protected ranking functions like when you've reached a certain ranking (top 10 generally) well if you get hurt, you can't fall beyond a certain place. But I don't know the limit - The best example of that was Ancic (ex. n°8 or whatever !)!

There's no scare that Maria will fall beyond the 50th because of the PR ! The limit (and worst) places Maria would reach are between 45-50 !

Anyway what would be interesting is the middle-ending of the year since Maria hasn't got no points to defend in Wimbledon 2nd round loss to Kudryatseva and US Open that she didn't play and some other Masters ! If she comes back fast she will have a handfull of points to grab again and no doubt she will do it just hoping that her shoulder becomes operational then !!
Vikapower is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 04:32 AM   #52
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Esther~ View Post

That trophy was so beautiful by Maria's side !!
Vikapower is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 05:45 AM   #53
country flag ggorggg

ggorggg is a name known to all ggorggg is a name known to all ggorggg is a name known to all ggorggg is a name known to all ggorggg is a name known to all ggorggg is a name known to all ggorggg is a name known to all ggorggg is a name known to all ggorggg is a name known to all ggorggg is a name known to all ggorggg is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsondan View Post
http://www.shareapic.net/content.php...leofeverything

Uh oh. Maria is scowling at Charlie, or maybe at the Laker cheerleaders, and Charlie does not even dare to look at them! What does that tell you?

That maybe he is looking at a close up of....something....on the video screen. This
is difficult.

ggorggg is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 08:11 AM   #54
country flag Talia

Talia has much to be proud of Talia has much to be proud of Talia has much to be proud of Talia has much to be proud of Talia has much to be proud of Talia has much to be proud of Talia has much to be proud of Talia has much to be proud of Talia has much to be proud of Talia has much to be proud of Talia has much to be proud of

From rus magazine Ego (January 2009)
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 05:26 PM   #55
country flag Sancho

Sancho is just really nice Sancho is just really nice Sancho is just really nice Sancho is just really nice Sancho is just really nice Sancho is just really nice Sancho is just really nice Sancho is just really nice Sancho is just really nice Sancho is just really nice Sancho is just really nice

How is it that she's so insanely beautiful.... *sigh*
Sancho is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 05:59 PM   #56
country flag raffles

raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of

Somebody needs to stop biting their nails by the looks of that picture.
raffles is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 06:23 PM   #57
country flag Sebastian222
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all

she's biting her nails for al long time now... the girl is just a nervous (uncertain?) beauty...
and no... she has not started the nail biting in the last months... I noticed it from the moment I started to "follow" her (june 2005)...
Sebastian222 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 07:56 PM   #58
country flag raffles

raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian222 View Post
she's biting her nails for al long time now... the girl is just a nervous (uncertain?) beauty...
and no... she has not started the nail biting in the last months... I noticed it from the moment I started to "follow" her (june 2005)...
Of course she has but I really noticed it on that picture and thought I should mention it.
raffles is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 10:29 PM   #59
country flag nelsondan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey B View Post
wow three pages and three pictures!!! come back maria!!! lol!
how many of the pictures in this thread cannot be seen in the previous thread? I could not find the first three.
Old Jan 15th, 2009, 05:29 PM   #60
country flag nelsondan

One thing I did which surprised me by how enjoyable it was--and made me a bit wistful about what we have been missing---I went to Maria's site, and just started the slideshow of photos. You can go through it in a hurry---pause and enlarge a picture occasionally. Only 18 of the 750 for 2008 were from December. The last practice pictures from October are omitted. One thing seemed clear---somewhere along the line, whether it was Maria or someone else---decisions were made about the numbers and the circumstances of Maria being photographed. By the time you get back to February or January---it becomes amazing what a smorgasboard of photos we used to take for granted.
Closed Thread