Ajmo Kostanic! 2009 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 8th, 2009, 11:34 AM   #1
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Ajmo Kostanic! 2009

Last year Jelena started the season by playing qualies of Hobart and then losing to Maria Sharapova in R1 of AO. But this time she has to play qualies of AO, so no tournament before that for her. Since she won just 5 points (by a new ranking system) in last AO, if she could take advantage of being seeded in qualies this year (which she probably will be) she could get on the verge of top100 by February. Until late April she's defending just one real result, 2nd round of former tier III in Vina del Mar.
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 9th, 2009, 09:45 AM   #2
country flag roxi

roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future
Re: Ajmo Kostanic! 2009

Good luck Jele!!!
Old Jan 11th, 2009, 10:25 AM   #3
country flag bdave351

bdave351 has much to be proud of bdave351 has much to be proud of bdave351 has much to be proud of bdave351 has much to be proud of bdave351 has much to be proud of bdave351 has much to be proud of bdave351 has much to be proud of bdave351 has much to be proud of bdave351 has much to be proud of bdave351 has much to be proud of bdave351 has much to be proud of

Some pics of Jelena I have taken over her last few Aussie campaigns, seemed lovely when we ran into her on the outside courts and hope she does well again this year.

bdave351 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2009, 12:27 PM   #4
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdave351 View Post
Some pics of Jelena I have taken over her last few Aussie campaigns, seemed lovely when we ran into her on the outside courts and hope she does well again this year.

She'll play in a bikini this year?
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 01:36 PM   #5
country flag JURasic

JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light

Jele's part of AO Q draw:

Jelena Kostanic Tosic CRO (1) v. Ye-Ra Lee KOR
Schaefer GER v. Starr AUS
Cabeza Candela ESP v. Gullickson USA
Sevastova LAT v. Baltacha GBR (19)

First seed, but you never know with her.

Good luck Jele!!
JURasic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 01:43 PM   #6
country flag ma re

Wow, she finally made it - a top seed of a grand slam! (sorry, couldn't resist)

As the top seed she really shouldn't have excuses in case of a defeat, this is a great chance and she should take it.

Good luck
Old Jan 15th, 2009, 02:43 AM   #7
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

she won 4 and 4. started slow and was down a break in both sets. took about 10 match points at 5-4 to win it (and she had to save a couple of bps). nice win to start the year
Old Jan 15th, 2009, 03:08 PM   #8
country flag ma re

Nice start - keep it going!
Old Jan 16th, 2009, 04:14 AM   #9
country flag JURasic

JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light

Jele won 6:3 6:4 :jump:

very nice, Good luck against Baltacha
JURasic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2009, 09:52 AM   #10
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Baltacha is gonna be harder than these 2 but good luck Jelena.
ajmo! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2009, 10:36 AM   #11
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by vec16 View Post
Baltacha is gonna be harder than these 2 but good luck Jelena.
Well it's been a while since she's beaten someone close to top100, so I hope Jele can get her.
Old Jan 16th, 2009, 10:40 AM   #12
country flag roxi

roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future

Bravo Jele!!!
Old Jan 17th, 2009, 06:24 AM   #13
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

she lost 6-1 6-3.
anyway, good try
still she has hope, because someone can cancel and she was a 1st seed in quali
Old Jan 17th, 2009, 06:50 AM   #14
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan_77 View Post
she lost 6-1 6-3.
anyway, good try
still she has hope, because someone can cancel and she was a 1st seed in quali
Yes she is, but any of the losers can become the lucky one cause there's no more rule of the highest ranked loser to be granted LL spot. It's really the luckiest one i.e. the one drawn out. Too bad she didn't make it, I hoped she'll continue that good run.

BTW, can she play doubles MD if she failed to qualify for singles?
Old Jan 17th, 2009, 08:34 AM   #15
country flag roxi

Really disappointing loss!!! But at least 2 wins in row!!!