TENNIS magazine says Venus-Serena US Open QF is match of the year - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 8th, 2009, 12:36 AM   #1
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute
TENNIS magazine says Venus-Serena US Open QF is match of the year

I agree
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 8th, 2009, 12:38 AM   #2
country flag ninanina19

ninanina19 has much to be proud of ninanina19 has much to be proud of ninanina19 has much to be proud of ninanina19 has much to be proud of ninanina19 has much to be proud of ninanina19 has much to be proud of ninanina19 has much to be proud of ninanina19 has much to be proud of ninanina19 has much to be proud of ninanina19 has much to be proud of ninanina19 has much to be proud of
Re: TENNIS magazine says Venus-Serena US Open QF is match of the year

I only watched the first set and it was really error filled in the beginning. I turned it off after Venus blew her lead . But yeah, unless the 2nd set was amazing, it wasn't the best match of the year.
Old Jan 8th, 2009, 12:39 AM   #3
country flag Cakeisgood

Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute

A chokefest on one end of the court is called the match of the year??? Oh lord.

In love with Martha.
Cakeisgood is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2009, 12:40 AM   #4
country flag G1Player2

G1Player2 has a reputation beyond repute G1Player2 has a reputation beyond repute G1Player2 has a reputation beyond repute G1Player2 has a reputation beyond repute G1Player2 has a reputation beyond repute G1Player2 has a reputation beyond repute G1Player2 has a reputation beyond repute G1Player2 has a reputation beyond repute G1Player2 has a reputation beyond repute G1Player2 has a reputation beyond repute G1Player2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninanina19 View Post
I only watched the first set and it was really error filled in the beginning. I turned it off after Venus blew her lead . But yeah, unless the 2nd set was amazing, it wasn't the best match of the year.
The Jelena-Serena match in the final was far better quality but there wasn't nearly the same amout of winners, but there were less errors too. I thought that match was better than the WS QF by far.
G1Player2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2009, 12:42 AM   #5
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was a great match
Old Jan 8th, 2009, 12:43 AM   #6
country flag IceHock

IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute

lol not even close, if venus had not choked then maybe it gets the nod but nah.
IceHock is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2009, 12:44 AM   #7
country flag ~Cherry*Blossom~

~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute

Easily the best match of the year along with their Wimbledon final

THE ROYAL SAINT - OFFICIAL MEMBER OF THE ROYAL COURT
USO99-FO02-WIM02-USO02-AO03-WIM03-AO05-AO07-USO08-AO09-WIM09-AO10-WIM10-WIM12-USO12-FO13-USO13-USO14
WIM00-USO00-WIM01-USO01-WIM05-WIM07-WIM08
•How could you love summer before winter nights? I'll be by your side•
~Cherry*Blossom~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2009, 12:50 AM   #8
country flag iGOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Supernova*~ View Post
Easily the best match of the year along with their Wimbledon final
For sure
Old Jan 8th, 2009, 12:55 AM   #9
country flag The Daviator

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute

Great choice
Old Jan 8th, 2009, 12:57 AM   #10
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

It was the most traumatic match i've ever watched as Vee fan, even above watching Ted Watts screw her over in '04

I was up til like 3:30 watching Venus squander 10 set points. Woe!

Terrific drama though, even if for quality, the Wimby final was far better.
The Dawntreader is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2009, 01:15 AM   #11
country flag oleada

oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninanina19 View Post
If anything, it got worse. I've been surprised at the amount of praise the quality of this match got, because that was not what I was thinking when I watched it.

If they had to pick an all-Williams match, the Wimbledon final was better.
Old Jan 8th, 2009, 01:29 AM   #12
country flag LindsayRulz

LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with this choice, the tie-breaks were amazing.
LindsayRulz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2009, 01:36 AM   #13
country flag Harvs

Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute

didnt think it was that good..
Harvs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2009, 01:55 AM   #14
country flag AcesHigh

AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute

Terrible choice. The final of USO and Wimbledon were better. How one of the worse chokes in recent years can be called the best match of the year is beyond me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinbaker00 View Post
When will you learn that "pushers" never make it past the club level, let alone #1 on the WTA computer? Will it be too late?
AcesHigh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2009, 01:59 AM   #15
country flag homogenius

homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute

homogenius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote