HK AChak def. Sania Mirza 6-4, 6-4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 7th, 2009, 03:21 PM   #1
country flag Ciarán

Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute
HK AChak def. Sania Mirza 6-4, 6-4

Paszek, Chakvetadze, Vaidisova, Sharapova, Pavlyuchenkova & Vekic.
Ciarán is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 7th, 2009, 03:22 PM   #2
country flag Ciarán

Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute
Re: HK AChak def. Sania Mirza 6-4, 6-4

I only seen last game. But I heard Anna has improved a lot

Paszek, Chakvetadze, Vaidisova, Sharapova, Pavlyuchenkova & Vekic.
Ciarán is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 03:23 PM   #3
country flag homogenius

homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute

Just saw the end of the match and Chaky was her usual bitchy self.
Nice to have Mirza back and I hope she can stay injury free for a while.
homogenius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 03:23 PM   #4
country flag fish_wilson

fish_wilson is a splendid one to behold fish_wilson is a splendid one to behold fish_wilson is a splendid one to behold fish_wilson is a splendid one to behold fish_wilson is a splendid one to behold fish_wilson is a splendid one to behold fish_wilson is a splendid one to behold fish_wilson is a splendid one to behold fish_wilson is a splendid one to behold fish_wilson is a splendid one to behold fish_wilson is a splendid one to behold

way to go girl!
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 03:26 PM   #5
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

my bitch is back!

first the forehand is smoother, she spanked a lot of winners of it, backhand still flat as a pancake but she has control of it. she is sliding and throwing in the odd slice, see if she keeps doing that. serve is my one problem i just dont like her going all out on every 1st serve, then it leads to lots of df's as shes constantly hitting 2nd serves, which is just a slower version of the 1st.

chak the bitch: pushed the camera mans camera away on the change of ends, had a go at the umpire at the end for not controling the crowd, got her supporters to cheer on mirzas mistakes as they were doing it to hers and was generaly mood and very abrupt when talking to the on court interviewer at the end

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 03:29 PM   #6
country flag Apoorv

Apoorv has a reputation beyond repute Apoorv has a reputation beyond repute Apoorv has a reputation beyond repute Apoorv has a reputation beyond repute Apoorv has a reputation beyond repute Apoorv has a reputation beyond repute Apoorv has a reputation beyond repute Apoorv has a reputation beyond repute Apoorv has a reputation beyond repute Apoorv has a reputation beyond repute Apoorv has a reputation beyond repute

welcome back sania
Although chaky was the last one i wanted you to face in the comeback match

Sania Mirza

Elena Dementieva

Apoorv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 03:30 PM   #7
country flag Pink Princess
I'M AN IMPORTANT PRINCESS!!!

Pink Princess has a reputation beyond repute Pink Princess has a reputation beyond repute Pink Princess has a reputation beyond repute Pink Princess has a reputation beyond repute Pink Princess has a reputation beyond repute Pink Princess has a reputation beyond repute Pink Princess has a reputation beyond repute Pink Princess has a reputation beyond repute Pink Princess has a reputation beyond repute Pink Princess has a reputation beyond repute Pink Princess has a reputation beyond repute

Anna Pink Princess
{{{Princess Anna Chakvetadze}}}{{{Princess Alla Kudryavtseva}}}{{{Princess Nadejda Guskova}}}{{{Princess Danielle Konotoptseva}}}{{{Princess Sofiya Kovalets}}}{{{Princess Aleksandra Zenovka}}}{{{Princess Josie Kuhlman}}}{{{Princess Kristyna Rouckova}}}
Pink Princess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 03:31 PM   #8
country flag Vespertine69

Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunate that Anna let the crowd annoy her at the end of the match there, but then again she does have a pretty short fuse at the best of times, poor thing.

Anyway... pretty good performance for Anna, despite the serving difficulties, she was hitting the ball pretty well for most of the match. I'd still like to see her scale back slightly on the aggression off the ground, but it does produce a lot of winners given slight build and relatively short frame mixed in with the strange errors. Maybe in 2009 she can find the balance that was completely deserting her through most of last year.

Great to see Mirza back on court, and the good news was how fit she looked and that her serve and forehand seemed promising after the wrist horrors. Hope she can get herself back to good form this year and give her fans something to cheer about.
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 03:31 PM   #9
country flag Apoorv

Apoorv has a reputation beyond repute Apoorv has a reputation beyond repute Apoorv has a reputation beyond repute Apoorv has a reputation beyond repute Apoorv has a reputation beyond repute Apoorv has a reputation beyond repute Apoorv has a reputation beyond repute Apoorv has a reputation beyond repute Apoorv has a reputation beyond repute Apoorv has a reputation beyond repute Apoorv has a reputation beyond repute

how was sania playing?

Sania Mirza

Elena Dementieva

Apoorv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 03:34 PM   #10
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

oh and chak was wearing white fila hoodie and pink skirt, so yes shes with fila and was using wilson rackets.

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 03:37 PM   #11
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future

Welcome back, Sania

Announcer's accent
Rising Sun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 03:38 PM   #12
country flag Vespertine69

Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoorv View Post
how was sania playing?
Given that Anna is a sort of nemesis player for Sania judging from their prior encounters, I'd say that Mirza was pretty decent today. She isn't on top of her game (which is not surprising given her time out) but I was impressed that she looks in good shape and doesn't seem to have had to cut back or modify majorly on first serve and forehand. Her second serve is still problematic and she's never going to be the fastest player around the court, but surely she will improve as she gets back to competetive play. If I were a Sania fan, I would be encouraged more than discouraged, especially as Anna was definitely playing better than at the end of last year.
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 03:40 PM   #13
country flag lilimi

lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoorv View Post
how was sania playing?
i think her tennis is back. i loved her backhands
as always, she needs a better first serve and to make less UE.
but it is really a good first match. I really thought she would be destroyed.
anna played well and looked cute in her fila outfit.
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 03:41 PM   #14
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute

she seemed to be playing better than when I last saw her

"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 03:42 PM   #15
country flag saniapower

saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold

i just saw the last 3 games but i have a feeling Mirza will be back to her best. She made some errors otherwise it could have gone into a decider. good thing that Mirza looks fit and strong.