Marion's Australian secret dream - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 3rd, 2009, 12:30 PM   #16
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future
Re: Marion's Australian secret dream

Marion with Dad on center court :

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...7/DSC00158.jpg

Thanks to AliciaROcks.
Lighter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 3rd, 2009, 02:10 PM   #17
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Marion looks fit here, good to see that

Order of play for this evening:
Centre Court (starting at 10:30am)
1. Maria Kirilenko (RUS) vs Samantha Stosur (AUS)
2. ATP
3. Marion Bartoli (FRA) vs Monika Wejnert (AUS)

I don't think I'll wake up to follow that ... I prefer to avoid dramas during the night ^^
Allez Marion!

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaď - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2009, 06:26 PM   #18
country flag Sund7101

Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future

I thought she was looking fitter towards the end of last season and she looks really good in that picture. That's good to see, she really does look great!

Pierce Seles Hingis Capriati Bartoli Davenport Kournikova Sugiyama Majoli Frazier
Sund7101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2009, 05:11 AM   #19
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

Marion defeated in two sets Aussie hope Monica Wejnert : 6-1 6-2

This result was expected even we all know that Marion is so unpredictable. Of course, Monica made 9 Df, but it was certainly due to Marion's pressure on 2nd serve.
Only 1 ace on 2nd serve and 53% 1st serves. She now knows what she has to fix and to improve before second round.
Old Jan 4th, 2009, 07:49 AM   #20
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

hopefully she won't do what she did last year and be a mess in the second round, but I think she will keep things together nicely.
Old Jan 4th, 2009, 08:03 AM   #21
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Very very happy about this win! It feels good that she starts the year on such a scoreline! Bravo, bravo

Yeah I guess this was an expected result given the lack of experience of her opponent ... but I never feel really confident when she faces a young prospect ^^ This time, she has fully been convincing, I'm even satisfied that the match didn't turn out to a double bagel. Marion needs competitive matches too!

As you all said, we have to hope now that she stays as solid during her second round. She will meet either Alona or Melinda. Marion has a good record against Bondarenko, we can rely on this. Still, it won't be as easy as today for sure ... I remember that their last encounter was a nerve-killer!

On a side-note, the other seed is her quarter, Kaia Kanepi, lost in the first round to Alisa Kleybanova ... Funny to see that Marion's first opponents this season might be ones she had already faced a lot last year.
Allez Marion!

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaď - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

Old Jan 4th, 2009, 08:09 AM   #22
country flag Lighter

Marion smiling with new outfit :

Old Jan 4th, 2009, 08:15 AM   #23
country flag Iceland
From island to island

A nice report written by Sammy4ever on Wejnert's thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy 4 eva!!! View Post
I was at the match today. Here is a little report (Unfourtuantly my camera died so I couldnt take any photos)

When Monika first walked out on to the court the crowd went crazy and she had the cutest smile on. Both players went to the net for the toss which Bartoli won and chose to recive. Then the umpire told Mon that she needed at wta sticker on lol.

They started the warm-up and mon wasnt getting many balls in. She hit a few smashes and most of them hit the back on the full.

She started off the match with a double fault. She was very tentative at the start of the match and was hitting everyting way to short and Bartoli was just hitting heaps of winners.

Slowly she grew in confidence and began to really outplay Bartoli around. She was working her around the court and hit some amazing winners.

However, her serve held her back. She hardly got any first serves in and her second was un reliable. She really needs to improve this aspect of her game.

She was also rushing quite alot. And looked really shy. She did an interview at the end but she didnt really know what to say. Very cute though and the crowd really liked her.

My opionon on her is that she has alot of raw talent. Her shots dont look good at all but they work. The backhand was her storng point today. Hit many winners. The forehand was reliable but the serve was not good at all.

With a little more experience and an improved serve she can go far.

Overall she put in an terrific effort. And for the record Bartoli played very well.

Well done Monika =]

Old Jan 4th, 2009, 08:49 AM   #24
country flag Lighter

And also from the same poster :

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....5&postcount=15

Bartoli played very well today. Monika was nervous and made quite a few errors but Marion was in the zone. She has changed her service motion again. Her legs are really weird in her new motion and has slimmed down quite alot.

She hit so many winners today! She was also practicing alot. Her coach was running her all around the court. I am predicitng Bartoli to have a very good year.
Old Jan 4th, 2009, 10:06 AM   #25
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute

Great start for Marion.
Happy to read that she played so well.
3-0 against Alona. Never played Czink before.
Marionated is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2009, 10:07 AM   #26
country flag Dave.
Winner

Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute

Great start to 09 for Marion

I am so pleased about her much improved fitness. That and the score of her first match has made me very excited for this new year. I can't believe how fit she looks after the off-season!
Dave. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2009, 10:50 AM   #27
country flag Lighter

Marion's first comments after the match : http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...04/2458818.htm

Bartoli said later that playing a wildcard was a good way to start the tournament.

"It was not an easy match, she was playing really well and she obviously had nothing to lose," Bartoli, the world number 17, said.

"And she's really talented so I had to play a good match, a solid match, but I did and it was pretty good to start like that.

"It was her first match on the WTA tour and playing against me was not easy for her, and this being her home town, it was normal that she was nervous."
Old Jan 4th, 2009, 02:36 PM   #28
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Marion View Post
http://marionbartoli.blog.co.uk/2009...marion-5313089

Marion picture.

On this discussion, look one of the things I like about Marion is you are permitted to believe that dreams can sometimes come true.

If you believe in dreams and the hard work involved to make it happen, then believe in Marion Bartoli.
Just HAD to respond to my favorite sassy,Scottish gal

Fortunately,Marion's start to the year has been slightly better than mine.My anti-virus protection expired prematurely and these sports-related pages are LOADED with viruses;there are usually phony prompts that warn me when I must 'bail out' soon,and my computer whiz friend is SUPPOSED to help me fix this mess tomorrow

Back to Marion:Obviously,it's hard to gauge a victory over an unseasoned 16-year-old but Allie Bondarenko would serve as a decent barometer due to her familiarity with Marion.Bondarenko is erratic herself except you'd think that she'd be motivated to break her 0-3 schneid vs. Marion and get her year off on the right foot.Czink only rarely escapes qualifying at the bigger events and would be ready to implode if she got past 'Bondo' and faced our Marion...not such a solid test IMO.

Finally,let me add that,although there's an abundant plethora of beauties in the WTA,it is Marion's various battles--NOT just her victories over them--that make her so appealingly human.Although she seems to dislike red clay(truly an absurd surface for a sporting event),I daydream of Marion vindicating herself to all the Vichy cowards in the FFT,and many of her fair-weather countrymen,by winning RG someday.For ME,her championship smile on center court would be:

....Have pro'bly stayed too long already but let me close with a heartfelt VAMOS MARION!!!

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2009, 07:53 PM   #29
country flag JOCHEBEL

JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of

BRISBANE

R1: Marion Bartoli FRA def. Monika Wejnert AUS 6/1 6/2

A GOOD START FOR MARION!
I LOVE YOU!

Next Oponent: Alona Bondarenko UKR or Melinda Czink HUN
Vakulenko · Muller · Santangelo · Bammer · Dulko · Bartoli · A.Bondarenko · Clisjters · Henin · Yakimova
FITD Estoril '09 Kuala Lumpur '11
JOCHEBEL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2009, 09:05 PM   #30
country flag BartoliBabes

BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future

does anyone else have good feelings for this year? i still believe she can be top 10 again!

Bartoli / Riske / Lucic / Dokic / Hantuchova / Halep
BartoliBabes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote