Marion's Australian secret dream - Page 18 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 31st, 2009, 02:43 PM   #256
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future
Re: Marion's Australian secret dream

Her defeat vs Bepa opened her eyes that she needs alternative game plans in order to reach new goals. It's good to beat Jankovic. But I would like her to win over Radwanska, Ivanovic and Wozniacki. In Dubaï, the draw will be very tough : http://www.barclaysdubaitennischampi...rs/default.asp
Current cut : 32

She will also play a new tournament in Monterrey "International".
Lighter is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 1st, 2009, 10:52 AM   #257
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute

Marion is now back up to no.11 in the world.

Will drop down to 14 when Paris points are taken off.

Dubai is a very tough field. She won't be seeded so could draw anyone in the 1st round.
Marionated is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2009, 12:06 PM   #258
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doa15 View Post
Marion is now back up to no.11 in the world.

Will drop down to 14 when Paris points are taken off.

Dubai is a very tough field. She won't be seeded so could draw anyone in the 1st round.
Marion explained in this video : http://video.eurosport.fr/tennis/ope...50/video.shtml why she has decided to skip Paris OGF. She doesn't want to play anymore an indoor tournament between outdoor tournaments like last year. Maybe, that's the reason why she refused to play indoor matchs for fed cup.

Moreover, Marion has no points to defend except Paris and Indian wells until Eastbourne contrary to other top 20 players. And she often has good results in Indian wells and she loves Miami. So, we can expect a good ranking before Wimbledon.
Old Feb 2nd, 2009, 01:34 PM   #259
country flag Lighter

WIN OF THE FORTNIGHT for WTA :
(16) Marion Bartoli (FRA #17) d.(1) Jelena Jankovic (SRB #1) 61 64
Fourth Round, Australian Open (Melbourne)
WTA comments :
It wasn't so much Jelena Jankovic's play that led to a 61 64 defeat
- she had more winners than unforced errors in the match, even in
the lopsided first set. Marion Bartoli was in the zone, firing 34 winners
to just 20 errors and totally dictating play from start to finish.
“I just played a great match,” Bartoli said. “I hung in there when
it was time to hang in there. I went for my shots when I needed to.
I was not overwhelmed by the situation. It felt like everything went
in. It was a great match. I'm so happy with how everything went.”
Bartoli's run at the 2009 Australian Open is reminiscent of her
run to the final of 2007 Wimbledon, not only because it is unlikely
on paper - she was the No.18 seed there - but because she took
out the world No.1 there too, stunning Justine Henin in the semis.
Jankovic, who was trying to claim her first Grand Slam singles
title, is the third Australian Open top seed in the Open Era to fall
before the quarters, after Virginia Ruzici (who fell in the first round
in 1979) and Steffi Graf (who fell in the fourth round in 1997).

Link : http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3.../2009/feb2.pdf
Old Feb 2nd, 2009, 07:25 PM   #260
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute

Marion has a new profile pic http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/2...PlayerID=20631

Looks much better than the old one.

5 in the race to Doha.
Marionated is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2009, 07:33 PM   #261
country flag Lighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doa15 View Post
Marion has a new profile pic http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/2...PlayerID=20631

Looks much better than the old one.

5 in the race to Doha.
Changing of the photo beginning of 2008.
Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 12:08 PM   #262
country flag Super_Marion

Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold

Nothing on fft.fr about Marion's new ranking.
Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 12:44 PM   #263
country flag Lighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Marion View Post
Nothing on fft.fr about Marion's new ranking.
The same for the other players. But a comment on lequipe.fr : http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/breves2...lle-reine.html

"Côté Français, Marion Bartoli a repris des couleurs dans cette hiérarchie. Avec son quart de finale en Australie, la native du Puy-en-Velay gagne six places et se trouve désormais aux portes du top 10 (11e), de nouveau première tricolore. Alizé Cornet grapille elle aussi quelques rangs. La Niçoise occupe le meilleur classement de sa jeune carrière avec sa 14e position. Enfin, malgré un Open de bonne facture (éliminée par Azarenka), Amélie Mauresmo se stabilise (23e)."

That's more difficult to accept for gdf team : http://www.tennis.gdfsuez.com/popup_...ml?d=open_2009
Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 02:05 PM   #264

Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold

It's a delicate one to present. Some news outlet's ran with 'Bartoli French Number 1'.

I just went strictly with the official facts until she says otherwise; Bartoli the top ranked Frencwoman.
Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 02:49 PM   #265
country flag Lighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Marion View Post
It's a delicate one to present. Some news outlet's ran with 'Bartoli French Number 1'.

I just went strictly with the official facts until she says otherwise; Bartoli the top ranked Frencwoman.
fft president's comments about Marion : http://www.fft.fr/fed-cup/2009/france-italie/?ID=4645

"Je regrette cependant que malgré les efforts de chacun, Marion Bartoli n’ait pas rejoint l’équipe de France de Fed Cup. Cela aurait été positif pour le tennis français, pour la fédération, mais également bénéfique pour sa propre carrière. Les rencontres de Fed Cup sont des moments d’une telle intensité sportive qu’elles constituent des étapes dans une saison et demeurent des instants rares où l’on peut encore apprendre et acquérir une expérience incomparable."
Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 03:20 PM   #266

That must have been just posted after I visited today. Nothing new, except it's the first time I think I have heard Christian Bimes speak about it.