Marion's Australian secret dream - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 2nd, 2009, 01:46 PM   #1
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future
Marion's Australian secret dream

Marion is only focused on her tennis now. Because she has a secret dream.

A poster saw her on central court :
"- Ana Ivanovic & Marion Bartoli were practicing on centre court (heard from AliciaRocks – a fellow poster who I met last year & today)."

Hope she'll achieve her australian secret dream. Waltzing Ma......rion.
Lighter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 2nd, 2009, 02:07 PM   #2
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Marion's Australian secret dream

Cool title.
I don't really expect much from Marion at this part of the season. A 3rd round AO appearance would be nice.
Marionated is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2009, 02:14 PM   #3
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

An other poster was more accurate :
"ana and marion didnt practice together, one after the other".
Old Jan 2nd, 2009, 03:17 PM   #4
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Me neither, I don't have big expectations for Marion in Australia. I just hope she won't have to wait for too long before she finds her game... Hope she stayed fit as well!

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaï - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2009, 03:25 PM   #5
country flag Lighter

Don't forget she won Auckland in 2006. She has no pressure, no points to defend. Just to achieve her Australian secret dream. And she has 3 tournaments to do that. So, I'm confident.
Old Jan 2nd, 2009, 06:22 PM   #6
country flag Super_Marion

Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold

http://marionbartoli.blog.co.uk/2009...marion-5313089

Marion picture.

On this discussion, look one of the things I like about Marion is you are permitted to believe that dreams can sometimes come true.

If you believe in dreams and the hard work involved to make it happen, then believe in Marion Bartoli.
Old Jan 2nd, 2009, 06:25 PM   #7
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful pic. Thanks Super M.
According to Alicia rocks, Marion has changed her service motion again
Also looks a little bit fitter.
He/she will post the picture later in GM.
Old Jan 2nd, 2009, 06:27 PM   #8
country flag Lighter

AliciaRocks's comment :
Marion was on centre court training with Daddy, seems to have changed her service motion again. Looked a tiny bit fitter, but as you'll see by some pics she's still not in the greatest shape...

Waiting for the pics.
Old Jan 2nd, 2009, 07:16 PM   #9

Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold

How can you look fitter and not in the greatest shape. Contradiction.
Old Jan 2nd, 2009, 08:26 PM   #10
country flag Lighter

The French newspaper "l'équipe" gets 10 journalists only for tennis. I don't remember all the names, but there is for example :
- Alain Deflassieux
- Philippe Bouin
- Dominique Bonnot
- Julien Reboullet

And for the second time, they organized a mini-poll (10 answers) on 10 questions.

One question was last year :
Marion Bartoli will be still top 10 end of 2008 ? The answer was NO with 80% : it means that that only two "l'équipe" journalists believed in Marion.
Even they precised that their mini-poll was right, they added following comments : she's 17 at the ranking which is already good.

This year, one of the 10 questions concerns Alizé : Alizé will enter top 10 end of 2009 ? their answer is YES with 60 %. It means that 6 out of 10 journalists believe in Alizé to enter top 10.

Result : end of 2009
Old Jan 2nd, 2009, 10:44 PM   #11

You know something, i'm not hugely bothered about rank, as long as it remains high enough not to disadvantage Marion in the draws.

Marion to me is the kind of player who comes over the horizon and wins big tournaments out of the blue, like a theif in the night. So while everyone else is writing her off and qualiying their support she will surely prove people wrong again.

MY HERO. END OF. GOODNIGHT.
Old Jan 2nd, 2009, 11:05 PM   #12
country flag Lighter

Marion has been top 17 for three years. People forget this. So why not a fourth one. She has still changed her serve motion. It proves that she is really focused on her tennis and that she wants to win tournaments.
Old Jan 3rd, 2009, 09:24 AM   #13
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

The first draw of 2009 has been unveiled and we know the name of the first victim of the Bartolization!
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3...bane_draws.pdf

Marion will start the season against Monika Wejnert, the talented 16 yo Aussie who has accomplished miracles lately. Can't say it's an easy nor a difficult draw as I don't know how talented Monika is. It's a very exciting match anyway, Marion may feel some pressure against such a young opponent but I hope she will overcome this easily without underestimating her!
Australian posters has mentioned that Wejnert's best asset is her defense ... I hope she won't have the same problem than against Wozniacki, shouldn't be!

Allez Marion, let's all hope for a wonderful start in 2009!

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaï - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2009, 10:38 AM   #14
country flag Lighter

Monica won 25 K$ Perth Tournament and she won Dokic in 3 sets during AOWC tournament.

Dokic is still ranked 180. It means that Wejnert gets this level, between 150 and 200. Of course Wejnert will be supported by Australian crowd on central court. But there is still a big gap between Marion and Monica.
On Brisbane tournament site :
"Australian Open Play-off runner-up Monika Wejnert was unlucky to be drawn alongside Wimbledon runner-up Marion Bartoli."

Marion's draw is easier than Ana's one with Kvitova in 1st round. Even Amélie must beat Jelena Dokic in 2 sets.

Last edited by Lighter : Jan 3rd, 2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old Jan 3rd, 2009, 12:21 PM   #15
country flag Marionated

Good draw for Marion.
Let's hope she can at least make it to the semis, where she'll most likely play Ivanovic.
Marion is 3rd on Centre court (I think) tommorrow.