Dec 31st, 2008, 07:38 PM
Where's the kaboom!?
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Down the rabbit hole
Fill-in-the-Draw 2009 #2| Auckland| Final scores| Congratulations jake270392!!
Fill-in-the-Draw 2009 |#2| Auckland
Playing F-I-T-D is simple and only takes a few minutes per week. Here is what you need to know:
1) Just post a full predicted draw for the tournament, including all winners in all matches of all rounds.
2) No commitments are necessary for the tournaments; simply post your picks in the thread!
3) You must post your full prediction must be posted before the first ball of the first main draw match is struck. Any draws posted after this time will not be counted.
4) Please post your picks in the form "A def. B", "A d. B" or "A over B", and not "A loses to B". Writing down the winner's name only is allowed, but it might make things confusing for us and you may lose points as a result, so please try to post as specified.
Please post players' full names, not nicknames, and please do not use smilies in your posts as there's really no need for it!
5) Picks can be altered only if a seeded player withdraws after you have made your original prediction. Again, new draws will only be accepted before the first ball of the first main draw match is struck. You cannot alter your picks if the player who withdrew was not seeded.
6) When changing your picks, you must post in a new post, quoting the previous picks. NO EDITING UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! (any edited post will not be counted, no exceptions!)
7) Please keep your picks as your own and DO NOT copy and paste other poster's picks. If you do this this will be taken as cheating and your picks will not be counted.
8) If the qualifiers are still unknown when posting your picks you may add them as "Q" or "QUALIFIER". If two qualifiers have to face each other as you will have to specify which qualifier you pick to win (e.g. Q1 def. Q2). If you do not do this, that particular pick will not be counted.
9)You will not get points if the player has a bye in the first round.
10) Scoring is based on the WTA ranking points for each round of a pro tournament: for each player you predict correctly into the next round, you receive the points for reaching that round.
Example: Grand Slam quarterfinals
Jankovic def Serena
Safina def. Dementieva
Ivanovic def. Venus
Zvonareva def. Sharapova
The actual winners are Serena, Safina, Ivanovic and Sharapova.
You will get xxx points for correctly picking 2 players into the semi finals.
11) You may play more than one event a week, but only your best result will be counted.
12) The ranking points will be awarded according to a chart: http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=326409.
Only the 16 best tournaments will be counted. You can find the full rankings here: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=364687
The Race to the Championships is available here (link to be provided next week). Everyone ranked 1-16 at the end of the year will qualify for the SEC and everyone ranked 17-32 will qualify for the TOC
13) A full guide and rules to FITD can be found here: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=354576
If you have any questions please feel free to ask!
Good luck and have fun!
"There's an eye in me soup!"
Last edited by watchdogfish : Jan 10th, 2009 at 10:44 AM.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 11:17 PM
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: United States
Re: Fill-in-the-Draw 2009 #2| Auckland| Main Draw post #9| Send in your picks now!
Dementieva def. Chan
Erakovic def. Llagostera Vives
Razzano def. Zahlavova Strycova
Peer def. Cetkovska
Medina Garrigues def. Santangelo
Gallovits def. Zakopalova
Rezai def. Daniilidou
Pavlyuchenkova def. Q/LL
Dechy def. Suarez Navarro
Keothavong def. Lucic
Domachowska def. Q/LL
Wozniak def. Rybarikova
Vaidisova df. Kudryavtseva
Vesnina def. Q/LL
Craybas def. Date-Krumm
Wozniacki def. Q/LL
Dementieva def. Erakovic
Peer def. Razzano
Medina Garrigues def. Gallovits
Pavlyuchenkova def. Rezai
Dechy def. Keothavong
Domachowska def. Wozniak
Vaidisova def. Vesnina
Wozniacki def. Craybas
Dementieva def. Peer
Pavlyuchenkova def. Medina Garrigues
Dechy def. Domachowska
Vaidisova def. Wozniacki
Dementieva def. Pavlyuchenkova
Vaidisova def. Dechy
Vaidisova def. Dementieva
FITD: Pattaya City'10, Bad Gastein'11, Marrakech'14
Q-Ball: Seoul'12, Hobart'13, Katowice'13, Roland Garros'14
S: 50K Hong Kong W; 50K St. Petersburg F, 15k Port Pirie SF
D: 50K St. Petersburg W, 15K Port Pirie SF, Miami SF (w/Daniela-is-Mine)
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off