Burger King launches cologne line entitled "Flame" - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 19th, 2008, 03:07 AM   #1
country flag hankqq

hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute
Burger King launches cologne line entitled "Flame"

Come on now, you know you all want it

*note-tennislover23 found this and sent it to me since she was on her way to bed at the time

(after the article the link for the site with the ad is posted-check it out )

Quote:

A Whopper of a Cologne

By Yahoo! Buzz

Flickr photo: Helga's Lobster Stew

Ladies, there was a reason you waited until the week before the holidays to shop for your man. The perfect gift has arrived in the form of eau de Burger King.

Yes, a body spray from Burger King, called Flame. This is not some gimmick to incite PETA members into a frothing frenzy. It is, however, a Whopper of a holiday item, something not seen the since the kung fu hamster, the kind of uplifting news tidbit that perks up reporters and bloggers who would otherwise have to write about a lousy economy and green wrapping ideas from found objects.

Bemused searchers have fired up queries for "burger king cologne" (+284%), "burger king flame" and "flame cologne" — and yes, 58 percent of those intrigued are males. The allure has captivated the attention of people across the pond: The Guardian dutifully quoted the company line that Flame by BK is "the scent of seduction with a hint of flame-broiled meat." For a whopping $3.99, the spray can be purchased in New York City at Ricky's or online through Burger King's cheeky site, FireMeetsDesire.

Not only did the cologne concept not get the marketing guy canned, but apparently BK has fully embraced the kitsch horror of it all. Visit the site, and a Barry White-like voice cajoles one to "Come on, baby, give it a spray." Clicking on the "spray" brings up various disturbing images, including one of the Burger King king, seemingly naked except for a strategically placed blanket and lying atop a faux bear rug before a flaming fireplace.

Warning: Satire does have its limits. It's difficult to discern what's less appetizing: the King patting and rubbing the faux fur suggestively, or his frozen mask that makes him look like a movie slasher villain on the prowl.

So far, the fast-food chain hasn't made any moves to station perky perfume ladies at the door, spritzing customers with atomizers. The real question remains: Will men find they can have it their way when they don the body spray, or will it backfire by only attracting other men and slavering dogs? (Unless, of course, that is the intention.)

The proof of course lies in the proboscis. One Ricky's manager claims the odor is reminiscent of "Axe body spray, TAG and this YSL cologne I have." (But then again, the guy has to unload the stuff.) The Boston Herald assaulted willing natives, and elicited comments like "nice," "too heavy," and "smells like cinnamon...I'd buy it for my brother." In one investigative CNN report, one sniffer compared the scent to gasoline.

The limited signature edition has already received the buzz it didn't deserve (we plead guilty). And yes, the question on everyone's minds: Is there a french fry body wash to go with that? No, you may have to wait for Valentine's Day for that one. In the meantime, you're just going to go back to dabbing a fry behind each ear.
and don't forget to check out the ad at http://www.firemeetsdesire.com/

SOURCE: http://shopping.yahoo.com/articles/y...-of-a-perfume/
hankqq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 19th, 2008, 05:20 AM   #2
country flag zvonarevarulz
Crawlin' back to you.

zvonarevarulz has a reputation beyond repute zvonarevarulz has a reputation beyond repute zvonarevarulz has a reputation beyond repute zvonarevarulz has a reputation beyond repute zvonarevarulz has a reputation beyond repute zvonarevarulz has a reputation beyond repute zvonarevarulz has a reputation beyond repute zvonarevarulz has a reputation beyond repute zvonarevarulz has a reputation beyond repute zvonarevarulz has a reputation beyond repute zvonarevarulz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Burger King launches cologne line entitled "Flame"

ew.

Maybe I'm too busy being yours to fall for somebody new
zvonarevarulz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2008, 09:13 AM   #3
country flag rockstar

rockstar has a reputation beyond repute rockstar has a reputation beyond repute rockstar has a reputation beyond repute rockstar has a reputation beyond repute rockstar has a reputation beyond repute rockstar has a reputation beyond repute rockstar has a reputation beyond repute rockstar has a reputation beyond repute rockstar has a reputation beyond repute rockstar has a reputation beyond repute rockstar has a reputation beyond repute

i dont know how smelling like a fast-food chain can be a turn-on

JELENA JANKOVIC - CAROLINE WOZNIACKI
rockstar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2008, 09:46 AM   #4
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute

Marketing genius.
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2008, 11:52 AM   #5
country flag Oizo
Everything Fades Away

Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my
Oizo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2008, 08:09 PM   #6
Serenita

Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute

i'll eat that it anytime...uuhhmmm smell it

Serenita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2008, 10:25 PM   #7
country flag young_gunner913
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute

sounds gross but theres gonna be people who buy it.
Old Dec 19th, 2008, 10:47 PM   #8
country flag Barrie_Dude

Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute

Who in the world would spend money on this? I mean, nothing would quite spell "Trailer Trash" like wearing Burger King Colonge........
Old Dec 20th, 2008, 05:05 AM   #9
country flag ~Eclipsed~

~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute

Can you imagine asking someone, "what cologne are you wearing?" and they responded "Burger King's Flame"? I'd probably smack them across the face.

Lindsay Lee-Waters | Mary Pierce | Serena Williams | Elena Bovina | Jelena Dokic
~Eclipsed~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2008, 05:39 AM   #10
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Eclipsed~ View Post
Can you imagine asking someone, "what cologne are you wearing?" and they responded "Burger King's Flame"? I'd probably smack them across the face.
Wow, you're into really kinky sex, eh?
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2008, 12:23 PM   #11
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I would probobly reply jokingly..."yeah, well i'm wearing Mcdonalds El De Toilet "
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2008, 12:24 PM   #12
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Burger King launches cologne line entitled "Flame"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotso View Post
Wow, you're into really kinky sex, eh?
Rough Love
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2008, 12:55 PM   #13
Kart

Kart is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
It'd be more embarrassing if you were to say 'you smell nice' or 'you taste good' as I tend to.

If that someone were to turn around and then tell me it's BK Flame, I'd smack myself across the face !

Maybe I should start enquiring about cologne.
Kart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2008, 05:24 PM   #14
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

The idea of a perfume with the scent of a Burger King doesn't really do it for me, I'm afraid. The scent of Chicken Tikka Masala or Beef Golash I might find intriguing, but Burger King? No thanks.