Christina McHale - Page 213 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 04:27 AM   #3181
country flag simonsaystennis
Team USA

simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Christina McHale

Saves a matchpoint 30-40

Vandeweghe ~ Mattek-Sands ~ King ~ Hampton ~ Riske ~ Glatch ~ Capra ~ Albanese ~ Brengle ~ Craybas ~ Rogers ~ Stephens ~ Boserup ~ Davis ~ Keys ~ Hardebeck ~ Brodsky ~ Gibbs ~ Pegula ~ Min ~ Townsend ~ Duval ~ Vickery ~Kiick
simonsaystennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 04:28 AM   #3182
Team USA

simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute

Holy crap what an awesome slice/pick up to stay alive! Saves another MP. Deuce.

Vandeweghe ~ Mattek-Sands ~ King ~ Hampton ~ Riske ~ Glatch ~ Capra ~ Albanese ~ Brengle ~ Craybas ~ Rogers ~ Stephens ~ Boserup ~ Davis ~ Keys ~ Hardebeck ~ Brodsky ~ Gibbs ~ Pegula ~ Min ~ Townsend ~ Duval ~ Vickery ~Kiick
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 04:28 AM   #3183
Team USA

Advantage Christina!

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 04:29 AM   #3184
Team USA

Forehand winner from Li. Deuce.

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 04:30 AM   #3185
Team USA

Another breakpoint! come on!

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 04:31 AM   #3186
Team USA

Ugh. Another MP for Li

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 04:31 AM   #3187
Team USA

Christina loses 6-7 5-7

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 04:56 AM   #3188
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonsaystennis View Post
Holy crap what an awesome slice/pick up to stay alive! Saves another MP. Deuce.
That was a gutsy shot. If I am not mistaken, a low percentage shot at match point (cross-court, backhand, low to the net, sharp angle shot) but it worked!
When McHale became aggressive, she did well, but her serve kind of gave Li too many free points; otherwise, McHale could have won this...
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 04:59 AM   #3189
country flag tenisamulo

tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute

She kept it competitive, though Bodes well for her recovery. Hopefully she'll be back in full swing sooner than I thought.
tenisamulo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 05:02 AM   #3190
Team USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
That was a gutsy shot. If I am not mistaken, a low percentage shot at match point (cross-court, backhand, low to the net, sharp angle shot) but it worked!
When McHale became aggressive, she did well, but her serve kind of gave Li too many free points; otherwise, McHale could have won this...
I think it's going to take Christina time to get into the groove again, but she has a lot to be proud of in my opinion. I was expecting a blowout given her recent poor form and Li's good form, but she fought well and kept it close. You're right, she could have won this match.

Things I noticed: Movement is solid. Backhand is actually better than I remember it. She seems confident enough to go for it off that wing when the time is right. Forehand has lost some power in my opinion. It is not where it was last season in terms of power or ability for redirection. I hope she can peak in time for the Aussie Open. She definitely seems closer here than the prior week. I think the Christina who played today would not have lost to Parmentier.

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 05:14 AM   #3191
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

I haven't watched McHale played recently but I didn't notice too much of a drop in performance. At least, she fought hard, especially at the end.
Her forehand was no match for Li. I think she could of went to the net more, just to get Li thinking and to create more errors from Li.
If McHale has a stronger serve and a big forehand, she could be top 10.
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 07:23 AM   #3192
country flag rseto

rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of

glad to see that it was a tight match. i was worried after last week.

hope she can get a good draw for the AO.
rseto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 04:50 PM   #3193
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rseto View Post
hope she can get a good draw for the AO.
With Kanepi pulling out, I believe Christina will get the 32nd and final seed as she was ranked 33rd.
lupojohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 10:09 PM   #3194
country flag GOATdin0931

GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

As you all know I have not liked Christina all that much in the past, but for some reason all these American girls are starting to really grow on me

That was a tight loss but hopefully she can win a few rounds at the Australian Open

Please have a full recovery soon though Xtina
GOATdin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 10:14 PM   #3195
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

GL in Melbourne!

Bally

Ana Ivanovic
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote