Predictions for 2009 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 16th, 2008, 03:40 PM   #1
Whatzup

Whatzup is a splendid one to behold Whatzup is a splendid one to behold Whatzup is a splendid one to behold Whatzup is a splendid one to behold Whatzup is a splendid one to behold Whatzup is a splendid one to behold Whatzup is a splendid one to behold Whatzup is a splendid one to behold Whatzup is a splendid one to behold Whatzup is a splendid one to behold Whatzup is a splendid one to behold
Predictions for 2009

Post here your predictions for the Dutch players for 2009. I will start for the players I know well enough to make some predictions:

Misa Krajicek: From what she showed in the last months of this year, I think she has found a higher basic level because her results in some challengers were already a lot better than before. With a little bit of luck and a good draw she has to qualify herself for the Australian Open maindraw. If she stays injury free for the rest of the year, I expect her results to continue to rise. Her results will stay inconstistent with a lot of 1r losses in WTA tournaments, but I think she can end 2009 in the top 60, if she gets another injury I expect her ranking at the end of 2009 just inside the top 100.

Arantxa Rus: Arantxa made her break through at the WTA tour this year. From now on she will focus on the WTA tour only, no juniors anymore because she's 18 now. I hope her level will continue to rise, although I expect her results will stay a little inconstistent for the first half of 2009. I think she can win one or more big challengers and reach a quarter of more at the lower WTA Tournaments, with a lot of early losses in between. Her first goal should be top 150, I think and hope her ranking at the end of 2009 will be top 80.

For the other Dutch girls I don't see many changes next year, I think they will stay more or less at the same level.

Sexy Girl AnnA KournikovA

Whatzup is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 16th, 2008, 08:32 PM   #2
country flag Elwin.
-

Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Predictions for 2009

I was totally wrong with Misa's prediction last year

Rus: altough she has talent, she still has to learn a lot! I expect her ranking at the end of 2009 between 90-120.

Krajicek: very simple, if she can stay injury free she should reach the top100 with her eyes closed Mentally she has grown and she has become more mature. Now let's hope that will result in smarter decisions.
At the end of 2009 i expect misa in the top50

Ewijk/Thijssen/Gerards:
I think all 3 of have the potential to become top200 players. But they have to work their asses of to reach that. all 3 of them have been close to the top200.
I expect Ewijk to be ranked the highest of them!

Kerkhove:
promising girl, i hope she will play more itf's in 2009. Definetly a top500 player
Old Dec 16th, 2008, 11:09 PM   #3
country flag Nederlander RUS

Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of

Misa - Top 50-60
Arantxa - TOP 80-100
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 07:58 AM   #4
country flag Gerben

Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of

Misa should at least reach top 100 again, but I expect top 75.
I expect Arantxa to reach top 120 this year, hopefully top 100.
I don't think Michelle will be able to get much higher than she is now. Nicole should end inside top 200.
I don't know about the others, but of course I hope they all perform well.

Tashkent 2005, Hobart 2006, Rosmalen 2006
Palermo 2006, Budapest 2006, Rosmalen 2008
Gerben is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 10:55 PM   #5
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute

I'm gonna be cautious with my picks and say:
Misa should be top 100 if she stays injury free.

Aran should also be able to get around the 100 mark, but i think she still has alot to learn.

Chayenne: I really hope she can make top 200 if she can find her form again and get rid of her elbow injury

Nic: If she stops getting injured every second week, she could be top 200 too

Michelle: Yeah, top 250 would be good for her - that was about her level when she was first playing

Marlot and Bibi should hopefully be able top break top 300 if they stay injury free too

Leonie: she was a surprise this year, maybe she can make top 300 too although it would be tough - but she may be able to get top 350 at least - she's very close now anyway.

Pauline: Don't expect her to et much higher than top 400 if she still decides to keep playing - wasn't she gonna give herself 2 years to see how it went? Well she has had 2 years, and it's not exactly gone too well this year

Lesley: hopefully she will play a bit more, and she should be top 500 for sure if she does so.

She & Him @ Melkweg "The Max", Amsterdam 6th May 2010
DutchieGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2008, 10:02 AM   #6
country flag Dinkie

Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of

Misa: between 25 and 50, hopefully no injuries this year.
Arantxa: between 80 and 120, probably a lot of highs and lows this season.
Nicole: between 160 and 190, I don't think she will get any higher in her career.
Chayenne: between 200 and 240, she is not training and playing like a pro yet.
Michelle: between 200 and 240, if she doesn't get any higher this year I think she will quit.
Bibiane: between 250 and 300, this is a wild guess, haven't seen her play for ages, no idea what her level of play is.

Furthermore, I think Kerkhove, Van Uitert, Bertens, Lemoine will enter top 600.
Dinkie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2008, 10:08 AM   #7
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinkie View Post
Misa: between 25 and 50, hopefully no injuries this year.
Arantxa: between 80 and 120, probably a lot of highs and lows this season.
Nicole: between 160 and 190, I don't think she will get any higher in her career.
Chayenne: between 200 and 240, she is not training and playing like a pro yet.
Michelle: between 200 and 240, if she doesn't get any higher this year I think she will quit.
Bibiane: between 250 and 300, this is a wild guess, haven't seen her play for ages, no idea what her level of play is.

Furthermore, I think Kerkhove, Van Uitert, Bertens, Lemoine will enter top 600.
I have the same fear about Michelle. I forgot about Nic - yeah, she should make top 600. Lemoine has hardly plyed ITFs though - does she plan to lay more next year then? Same with Kiki.

Chayenne just changed coaches and has tennis elbow though - so I hope she can get rid of that and begin to train properly then.

Old Dec 19th, 2008, 10:17 AM   #8
country flag Dinkie

Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of

I think Bertens, Kerkhove and Lemoine finish school either summer 2009 or summer 2010, can't remember whether they are doing HAVO or VWO, so maybe they will go pro after that.
Dinkie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2008, 10:23 AM   #9
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

Ahh right - I forget that most Dutch players finish school before turning pro and playing more.

Old Dec 19th, 2008, 01:15 PM   #10
country flag nniels

nniels is a name known to all nniels is a name known to all nniels is a name known to all nniels is a name known to all nniels is a name known to all nniels is a name known to all nniels is a name known to all nniels is a name known to all nniels is a name known to all nniels is a name known to all nniels is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchieGirl View Post
Ahh right - I forget that most Dutch players finish school before turning pro and playing more.

I'm bad at predictions :P I just hope they'll stay healthy the whole season
nniels is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2008, 10:14 PM   #11
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by nniels View Post

I'm bad at predictions :P I just hope they'll stay healthy the whole season
Knowing the Dutch players, that's not gonna happen.

Old Dec 20th, 2008, 12:00 PM   #12
country flag Brenda fan

Brenda fan has much to be proud of Brenda fan has much to be proud of Brenda fan has much to be proud of Brenda fan has much to be proud of Brenda fan has much to be proud of Brenda fan has much to be proud of Brenda fan has much to be proud of Brenda fan has much to be proud of Brenda fan has much to be proud of Brenda fan has much to be proud of Brenda fan has much to be proud of

Bertens will finish school in may 2009
Brenda fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2008, 12:08 PM   #13
country flag Brenda fan

Brenda fan has much to be proud of Brenda fan has much to be proud of Brenda fan has much to be proud of Brenda fan has much to be proud of Brenda fan has much to be proud of Brenda fan has much to be proud of Brenda fan has much to be proud of Brenda fan has much to be proud of Brenda fan has much to be proud of Brenda fan has much to be proud of Brenda fan has much to be proud of

Misa: top 50
Arantxa: top 70
Nicole: 190-250
Chayenne: 150-200 if she gets it together
Michelle: 150-250 (and yeah, if there's no progress, she might retire)
Bibi: 200-250
Marlot: 150-200
Leonie might make 300 if she picks her tournaments carefully
I hope Kiki can make top 400 if she goes pro, the rest of the youngsters (nicolette, leslie, and hopefully quirine) would be nice to see top 600
Maybe Danielle can make top 300 if she starts playing more?
Brenda fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2008, 02:09 PM   #14
bakkie pleur

bakkie pleur is a glorious beacon of light bakkie pleur is a glorious beacon of light bakkie pleur is a glorious beacon of light bakkie pleur is a glorious beacon of light bakkie pleur is a glorious beacon of light bakkie pleur is a glorious beacon of light bakkie pleur is a glorious beacon of light bakkie pleur is a glorious beacon of light bakkie pleur is a glorious beacon of light bakkie pleur is a glorious beacon of light bakkie pleur is a glorious beacon of light

Krajicek is gonna win Wimbledon! MARK MY WORDS
bakkie pleur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2008, 05:54 PM   #15
country flag nniels

nniels is a name known to all nniels is a name known to all nniels is a name known to all nniels is a name known to all nniels is a name known to all nniels is a name known to all nniels is a name known to all nniels is a name known to all nniels is a name known to all nniels is a name known to all nniels is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchieGirl View Post
Knowing the Dutch players, that's not gonna happen.
Ahahaha yeah that's true Well as healthy as possible then
nniels is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote