Australian Open wildcard tournament no more - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 11th, 2014, 11:28 PM   #1
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute
Australian Open wildcard tournament no more

http://www.naplesnews.com/sports/oth...ember_08864535

South Seas Island Resort Women's Pro Classic returning in November

The USTA Women’s Pro Circuit is returning to Captiva from Nov. 2-9 for the second South Seas Island Resort Women’s Pro Classic.

The $50,000 event was played in 2013 with emerging and future tennis stars taking part. This year’s tournament will be the last stop on the 2014 calendar, and the finale of the 2015 Australian Open Wild Card Challenge.

A new series being put on this year by the USTA Pro Circuit, the Australian Open Wildcard Challenge is designed to award the best performing player during the last three $50,000 USTA Pro Circuit Events in 2014 with a spot in the singles main draw of the 2015 Australian Open.

(...)

So results from $50K Macon, New Braufels and Captiva Island from Oct/Nov will decide the US MDWC for Melbourne 2015
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 11th, 2014, 11:41 PM   #2
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Australian Open wildcard tournament no more

Gotta say that I love the idea of a 3 tourney play off rather than just a 1 off tourney for the AO WC. It infuses some extra interest and energy into the end of year ITF tourneys .

Now let's hope we get streams for all 3 tourneys

Last edited by CrossCourt~Rally : Jul 12th, 2014 at 12:23 AM.
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2014, 11:57 PM   #3
country flag QuitYerWhining

QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of

I'm cool with this.

Seven faves. Zero slams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayRulz View Post
When will your fave's uterus?
QuitYerWhining is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2014, 09:03 AM   #4
country flag disco_rage

disco_rage has a reputation beyond repute disco_rage has a reputation beyond repute disco_rage has a reputation beyond repute disco_rage has a reputation beyond repute disco_rage has a reputation beyond repute disco_rage has a reputation beyond repute disco_rage has a reputation beyond repute disco_rage has a reputation beyond repute disco_rage has a reputation beyond repute disco_rage has a reputation beyond repute disco_rage has a reputation beyond repute

I love the WC process for USTA wild cards. It makes most sense.
Old Jul 23rd, 2014, 05:33 PM   #5
country flag tenisamulo

tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossCourt~Rally View Post
Gotta say that I love the idea of a 3 tourney play off rather than just a 1 off tourney for the AO WC. It infuses some extra interest and energy into the end of year ITF tourneys .

Now let's hope we get streams for all 3 tourneys
Yeah, it builds more interest in these smaller tournies, and I think is a better selection process in general.
tenisamulo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2014, 10:00 PM   #6
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Love this idea!!

Bally

Ana Ivanovic
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote