S3 - 12: The Championships, Wimbledon (GS) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 25th, 2008, 12:03 AM   #1
country flag The Daviator

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute
S3 - 12: The Championships, Wimbledon (GS)

The Championships, Wimbledon

Week 12 * Grass Grand Slam * Draw Size 32

S1 Winner - Tamarine Tanasugarn
S2 Winner - Amelie Mauresmo

Wimbledon, GBR - Welcome to Wimbledon, and the third Grand Slam of the season! Unlike the first two surfaces, no player has dominated on the grass, we've had 3 different winners of the warm-ups so it's wide open and up for grabs between a lot of players, anyone can win it (except Myskina, of course) so good luck to all!

Draw Posted - Tuesday 18:00 CET

Points Deadline - Wednesday 18:00 CET
Advertisement

Old Nov 25th, 2008, 12:03 AM   #2

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute
Re: S3 - 12: The Championships, Wimbledon (GS)

Aces To Play

Azarenka - 4
Capriati - 1
Cirstea - 1
Clijsters - 0
Davenport - 4
Dementieva - 0
Domachowska - 2
Dominguez Lino - 1
Hantuchova - 3
Ivanovic - 0
Jankovic - 0
Jidkova - 1
Kanepi - 2
Keothavong - 0
Kirilenko - 4
Krajicek - 4
Larcher de Brito - 2
Mauresmo - 4
Molik - 4
Morigami - 2
Myskina - 2
Pennetta - 4
Sharapova - 2
Shaughnessy - 0
Spears - 4
Stosur - 0
Szavay - 2
Tanasugarn - 4
S. Williams - 2
V. Williams - 4
Wozniak - 1
Old Nov 25th, 2008, 12:03 AM   #3

Draw

Alicia Molik(1) v Kaia Kanepi
Venus Williams v Marta Domachowska
Victoria Azarenka v Serena Williams
Agnieszka Radwanska v Amelie Mauresmo(6)

Maria Kirilenko(7) v Sorana Cirstea
Michelle Larcher de Brito v Agnes Szavay
Flavia Pennetta v Ana Ivanovic
Anne Keothavong v Alina Jidkova(3)

Jelena Jankovic(4) v Lindsay Davenport
Britney Spears v Tamarine Tanasugarn
Anastasia Myskina v Maria Sharapova
Lourdes Dominguez Lino v Samantha Stosur(8)

Kim Clijsters(5) v Daniela Hantuchova
Aleksandra Wozniak v Akiko Morigami
Meghann Shaughnessy v Elena Dementieva
Jennifer Capriati v Michaella Krajicek(2)

Last edited by The Daviator : Nov 25th, 2008 at 10:38 PM.
The Daviator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th, 2008, 12:04 AM   #4

Points To Defend

1000 -

Mauresmo

700 -

Krajicek

450 -

Capriati
Hantuchova

250 -

Kirilenko
Davenport

140 -

Ivanovic
Jankovic
Shaughnessy
Myskina
Stosur
Tanasugarn

90 -

Domachowska
Sharapova
Molik
Spears
Jidkova
V. Williams
Dementieva
Clijsters

Last edited by The Daviator : Nov 25th, 2008 at 12:16 AM.
Old Nov 25th, 2008, 12:04 AM   #5

Player Of The Week

Maria Kirilenko

MK has earned POTW for Wimbledon for her fantastic results on grass this season with 3 aces and now has a full set to use this week

Last edited by The Daviator : Nov 25th, 2008 at 12:26 AM.
Old Nov 25th, 2008, 12:04 AM   #6

Preview

The Favourites

MK is the favourite on paper having won Birmingham and reached the final in Eastbourne, and with 4 aces she'll be extra dangerous, can she hold her nerve and win? Molik has been having the season of her life, but she may be slightly disappointed with her grass season so far, she has to ability to dominate the field so must be a favourite, whilst Tammy has shown signs of her old, #1 form coming back with a win in Eastbourne, she's also a good bet to reclaim the title she won in season 1.

The Contenders

Misa was the Queen of Grass last season, and is still #2, but she seems less confident this season, and she has underperformed so far on this surface, Lindsay has recorded back-to-back semis but must change some things in her game if she wants to go all the way, Britney finally has been disappointing so far, but I have a feeling she'll deliver at this tournament, special mention goes to Mauresmo, if she shows up, and it's a big if, she's a threat to defend her crown.

The Dark Horses

The Dangerous Floaters

My prediction for who will win the title?

?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?

Good luck everyone

Last edited by The Daviator : Nov 25th, 2008 at 12:46 AM.
Old Nov 25th, 2008, 12:28 AM   #7
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

Talk about aiding a friend to help her win a slam Luckily, MK sucks with 4 aces

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th, 2008, 12:35 AM   #8
country flag young_gunner913
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute

Come on Venus.
Get your f-cking act together!!!
Old Nov 25th, 2008, 12:38 AM   #9
country flag MH0861

MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post

Talk about aiding a friend to help her win a slam Luckily, MK sucks with 4 aces
Bitch please, I'd kick your ass with 4 aces, 3 aces or -2

Besides if he wanted me to win a slam I WOULDN'T HAVE LOST CRITICAL CTs IN AUSTRALIA

Oh and I beat you twice with 4 aces this year so I'm not that bad
MH0861 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th, 2008, 12:51 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MH0861 View Post
Bitch please, I'd kick your ass with 4 aces, 3 aces or -2

Besides if he wanted me to win a slam I WOULDN'T HAVE LOST CRITICAL CTs IN AUSTRALIA

Oh and I beat you twice with 4 aces this year so I'm not that bad
Exactly

Also, she was the only player without 4-aces who did well last week, so quit hatin' Nasty.

Everything except the draw posted Reminder to people to also send their Olympics points (2 aces).
Old Nov 25th, 2008, 07:58 AM   #11
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

*Prays for opponents that her game matches with theirs and of course luck of the CT for her*
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th, 2008, 06:58 PM   #12
country flag young_gunner913
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully the Dav curse will come through and the lil bit less ugly Masha loses in round one.
Old Nov 25th, 2008, 07:36 PM   #13
country flag Farina Elia Fan
Team WTAworld

Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute

im sorry but thats bullshit giving it to Maria!

I was actually expecting it this week
Farina Elia Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th, 2008, 07:40 PM   #14
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

Vee Fyi, Dav's curse has been broken since AO when Alicia won and Kim in FO.
Old Nov 25th, 2008, 07:42 PM   #15
ElusiveChanteuse

and where's your article Alina?