Which girls will be in TOP 10 for London Olympics 2012? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 7th, 2008, 03:11 AM   #16
country flag Merseyknight

Merseyknight is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Which girls will be in TOP 10 for London Olympics 2012?

Vaidisova,Radwanska,Sharapova,Wozniacki,Ivanovic,A zarenka,Cibulkova,Zheng,Szavay,Wozniak
Merseyknight is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 7th, 2008, 09:49 AM   #17
country flag raffles

raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of

If you want to think about how much can change in 3 years maybe we should look at what the Top10 was like at the end of 2005

1 Lindsay Davenport USA 4910
2 Kim Clijsters BEL 4829 98.3%
3 Amelie Mauresmo FRA 4030 82.1%
4 Maria Sharapova RUS 3958 80.6%
5 Mary Pierce FRA 3797 77.3%
6 Justine Henin-Hardenne BEL 2936 59.8%
7 Patty Schnyder SUI 2774 56.5%
8 Elena Dementieva RUS 2748 56.0%
9 Nadia Petrova RUS 2638 53.7%
10 Venus Williams USA 2628 53.5%

Now year end - 2008
1 Jelena Jankovic SRB 4710
2 Serena Williams USA 3866 82.0%
3 Dinara Safina RUS 3817 81.0%
4 Elena Dementieva RUS 3663 77.8%
5 Ana Ivanovic SRB 3457 73.4%
6 Venus Williams USA 3272 69.5%
7 Vera Zvonareva RUS 2952 62.7%
8 Svetlana Kuznetsova RUS 2726 57.9%
9 Maria Sharapova RUS 2515 53.4%
10 Agnieszka Radwanska POL 2286 38

I think there could be some movement there, some of the younger players like Wozniacki should definetly be getting up there by 2012, I'm not so sure that de Brito/Robson are going to be getting into the top 10 before their 18th birthday. There hasn't been many players getting into the Top10 at such a young age recently. I also see Kuzy dropping out of the Top10 and Maria retiring before 2012. God only knows what the Williams sisters will be up to by that time.
raffles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 10:09 AM   #18
country flag Slutiana

Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute

1. Tatiana Golovin
Slutiana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 10:15 AM   #19
country flag Vefci Y
You are not likeable,but I like you

Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of

Davenport
Capriati
Pierce
Hingis
Sugiyama
Graf
SeLes
Coetzer
Kournikova
Sanchez Vicario

Jankovic~Govortsova~Minella~Tsurenko~A-Radwanska~Konjuh~Mattek-Sands

Capriati-Li-Golovin-A.Bondarenko-Safina-Vakulenko-Sprem-Dulko
Vefci Y is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 10:30 AM   #20
country flag Dodoboy.

Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute

1 Safina
2 Ana
3 Caroline Wozniacki
4 Larcher dE Brito
5 Maria
6 Rus
7 Serena
8 Venus
9 Nicole. V
10 Jelena
Dodoboy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 11:55 AM   #21
country flag TeraByte

TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold

Telling observation indeed, raffles!
I've got only one small reservation about your table:
instead of
Quote:
should be "10 Agnieszka Radwanska POL 2286 48,5%"
TeraByte is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 12:13 PM   #22
country flag hugo2004

hugo2004 is a name known to all hugo2004 is a name known to all hugo2004 is a name known to all hugo2004 is a name known to all hugo2004 is a name known to all hugo2004 is a name known to all hugo2004 is a name known to all hugo2004 is a name known to all hugo2004 is a name known to all hugo2004 is a name known to all hugo2004 is a name known to all

1.Michelle Larcher de Brito
2.Caroline Wozniacki
3.Ana Ivanovic
4.Cirstea
5.Maria Sharapova
6.Victoria Azarenka
7.Serena Williams
8.Venus Williams
9.Nicole Vaidisova
10.Agnes Szavay
hugo2004 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 12:21 PM   #23
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think much will change. In no particular order

Serena, Venus, Sharapova, Ivanovic, Jankovic, Kuznetsova, Zvonareva, Radwanska, Wozniacki, De Brito.

Only two new top 10ers;
Wozniacki - is very close to top 10 rigt now, who knows where she will be in 3 and a half years time
De Brito - i honestly believe she will be top 10 by the end of 2010. I don't think people on this board give her enough credit.

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 12:36 PM   #24
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffles View Post
1 Lindsay Davenport USA 4910
2 Kim Clijsters BEL 4829 98.3%
3 Amelie Mauresmo FRA 4030 82.1%
4 Maria Sharapova RUS 3958 80.6%
5 Mary Pierce FRA 3797 77.3%
6 Justine Henin-Hardenne BEL 2936 59.8%
7 Patty Schnyder SUI 2774 56.5%
8 Elena Dementieva RUS 2748 56.0%
9 Nadia Petrova RUS 2638 53.7%
10 Venus Williams USA 2628 53.5%

Now year end - 2008
1 Jelena Jankovic SRB 4710
2 Serena Williams USA 3866 82.0%
3 Dinara Safina RUS 3817 81.0%
4 Elena Dementieva RUS 3663 77.8%
5 Ana Ivanovic SRB 3457 73.4%
6 Venus Williams USA 3272 69.5%
7 Vera Zvonareva RUS 2952 62.7%
8 Svetlana Kuznetsova RUS 2726 57.9%
9 Maria Sharapova RUS 2515 53.4%
Quite a substancial difference. Only 3 players in the top 10 in both lists, and two of those players (venus & elena) have dropped out of the top 10 since 2005.

The fact is we are to expect the unexpected with tennis. Who would have thought that Henin would be retired or that Mauresmo would have slipped so dramatically back in 2005.

We could be looking back at this thread in 2012 and be laughing our asses off at some of the responses.

... for some reason.
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 12:41 PM   #25
country flag raffles

raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Serena, Venus, Sharapova, Ivanovic, Jankovic, Kuznetsova, Zvonareva, Radwanska, Wozniacki, De Brito.
Seems possible, although I predict more movement. Sharapova's dodgy shoulder isn't going to hold up for another 3 years. I agree about Wozniacki for sure but not so much for de Brito. I'd give her another year or so post 2012 to get into the top 10 but you never know it's certainly a possibility that she will make it. I can't make a top 10 because for me I keep thinking about all the possible injuries, retirement and bad form that seems to be plauging the tour as of late.
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 12:46 PM   #26
country flag Dawson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffles View Post
Sharapova's dodgy shoulder isn't going to hold up for another 3 years.
Yeah Sharapova is the hard one to predict. I think 2012 will be her final year on tour, shoulder or no shoulder to be honest. But if the problem persists, then she may call it quits before, much like Kim Clijsters for example. Who knows, thats what will make this thread so interesting to bump in a couple of years. Maybe my prediction about Michelle will seem stupid . time will tell...

... for some reason.
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 12:48 PM   #27
country flag TeraByte

TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold

In no particular order:
Jankovic, Safina, Venus, Zvonareva, Kuznetsova, Radwanska Aga & Ula, Petrova, Azarenka, Cibulkova
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 12:50 PM   #28
country flag raffles

I hope Maria doesn't retire to become a Stepford Wife like Kim. Still I agree if she makes it another few years she will probably retire at the end of 2012.
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 12:54 PM   #29
country flag Dawson.

Also worth noting Nicole Vaidisova. A few years ago people were saying (including myself ) that she would be a future #1. Now that prediction is seeming more and more ridiculious with everyday that passes

... for some reason.
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 01:17 PM   #30
country flag TeraByte

I feel I need to add some explanations to my 2012 list. 1) Alternative option: Tamira Paszek for Petrova. 2)At that time Sharapova will be injured again or already retired.