Eden Silva - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 28th, 2009, 12:42 AM   #31
country flag darkknight

darkknight is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Eden Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknight View Post
First of all, A lot of you sound as extreme as you say those parents are. Have you no idea what the media and television do. Let me explain, a lot of what you saw was staged or the parents were egged on to say and do certain things. I know one of these parents personally and I can assure you this is the case. Comments made by this parent were completely taken out of context and the full comment was not shown. "hit the Fucking ball" was made under his breath, however the doc shows it as if he were saying it aloud and directly to his daughter and for everyone to hear. "At times our relationship appears professional and business like" again out of context, they left out "and other times I look at her and see a 12 year old child that I want to hug. This girl has 3 GCSE's and is a happy child who loves tennis. The parents are very loving and caring to both of their children. What happens on the court is not reflective of home life.Sometimes things are not as they seem
Also, JoeG sounds like an idiot with perverted thoughts in his head and e5dawson has not got a clue.
darkknight is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 28th, 2009, 01:09 AM   #32
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Eden Silva

Nice way to make friends darkknight.

Look, I know nothing about Eden Silva. Absolutely nothing other than the fact that shes a 12 year old British tennis player. This is why I watched the show in the first place. I believe it showed a darker side a to tennis players childhood, theres nothing you can say that can change my mind about that. As for her dad, he did at times come across as a prick but I do also realise that there is a lot of love and dedication there, even if it is not shown on screen. And my comment about her being cute and intellectual, well I guess I don't have a clue there either right?

What you need to understand is that a lot of people who watched that show who are not on this forum went away thinking "that poor girl, being forced into a career her dad wants for her, not having the chance to live a normal childhood". If these people were horribly misled by channel 4, then more fool them. If anything it just shows the power of the media, and there's nothing you can do or say to change that fact.

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2009, 09:35 AM   #33
country flag scheele

scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light

Is darkknight eden's dad?

To my eyes all the parents, with the Wolfboy's dad being the worst, were motivated by 2 overriding things. 1) Fame by association with a gifted kid. And more importantly 2)££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ ££££££££
scheele is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2009, 09:59 AM   #34
country flag wales1994

wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future

^^ True But i could sense Edens dad and the boxers dad really had care for their children! Whilst the wolfboy's dad was just so horrible and so much pressure like placing a bet on him to win a major at in 10 years or something Good Luck to all these kids in their careers though does anyone remember another show like this where OLiver Golding (a now promising junior) appeared?
wales1994 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2009, 11:55 AM   #35
country flag serenus_2k8

serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with you wales The comment like ''Rich people dont know how to win'' or something to that effect was just so ignorant. It was pretty obvious he only wanted to use his kid to make money, how can a kid not be allowed a social life in case they die?!? Thats insane...

But in regards to the lovely poster ''darkknight'' (lol @ the name, are u actually 8?) you might want to remind yourself that this is a forum, where views are supposed to be expressed. If you disagree you reply in a dignified way that provokes discussion and not confrontation, especially when its ur first post

Secondly, we can only judge the parents on what we saw on the show. No doubt they were happy to accept the money and publicity that the show gave them and since none of us were there filming, we cant just assume the outcome was solely due to clever manipulation of the footage during editing. The commens made about Eden's dad have been fair enough. How do you explain the way he wouldnt let her justify herself after losing that match? That was not editing at all. He stood their cheating and then didnt give her the time of day to speak to him after - that is not the way to treat somebody with respect at all.

usopen and wimbledon
#219juniorchampions #220

venuswilliams serenawilliams
serenus_2k8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2009, 03:07 PM   #36
country flag darkknight

darkknight is an unknown quantity at this point

No this is not Edens dad, however I spoke with him a while back and he is not interested in what people think about him. I just felt it necessary to say what he told me as he saw the film before it came out. I am not sure he will be happy if he knew what I had said. Maybe I should keep my opinion to myself.

ps. I too am involved in tennis and it takes a lot more than "please" and "well done" to go far.

Goodbye
darkknight is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2009, 04:01 PM   #37
country flag serenus_2k8

serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No this is not Edens dad, however I spoke with him a while back and he is not interested in what people think about him. I just felt it necessary to say what he told me as he saw the film before it came out. I am not sure he will be happy if he knew what I had said. Maybe I should keep my opinion to myself.

ps. I too am involved in tennis and it takes a lot more than "please" and "well done" to go far.

Goodbye

usopen and wimbledon
#219juniorchampions #220

Old Mar 31st, 2009, 11:32 AM   #38
country flag coyets

coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
It takes a lot more than "please" and "well done" to go far.
This sentence might well also have applications in areas of life that have little to do with tennis. Nevertheless, as the sentence implies, politeness and praise are also important aspects of society.
coyets is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 07:21 PM   #39
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Also, JoeG sounds like an idiot with perverted thoughts in his head and e5dawson has not got a clue.
perverted? Im 13 for fucks sake
Old Apr 16th, 2009, 10:31 PM   #40
country flag *hingis_forever*

*hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future

Eden should be returning to action next week at a grade 3 TennisEurope U14 tournament in Spain. She should be seeded #2 so hopefully she can do well.

*hingis_forever* is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 10:50 AM   #41
country flag serenus_2k8

Ooh great How long has she been out for? Is that on clay?

usopen and wimbledon
#219juniorchampions #220

Old Apr 17th, 2009, 02:07 PM   #42
country flag rcirani

rcirani is a name known to all rcirani is a name known to all rcirani is a name known to all rcirani is a name known to all rcirani is a name known to all rcirani is a name known to all rcirani is a name known to all rcirani is a name known to all rcirani is a name known to all rcirani is a name known to all rcirani is a name known to all

Quote:
he is not interested in what people think about him.
That usually translates into "he's a prick", to be fair.

Elena Dementieva - Tammy Hendler - Laura Robson - Arantxa Rus - Mel South - Anne Keothavong - Kirsten Flipkens - Heather Watson - Yanina Wickmayer
rcirani is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2009, 12:47 AM   #43

*hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future

Just to put a face to the name (I know it's small)

Anyway, she won her first round match in Spain in straight sets!

Old Jul 31st, 2009, 04:07 AM   #44

Eden played a grade 1 Tennis Europe u14 event in Germany this week and won two rounds before losing to her German opponent. She hasn't really been able to put together solid results this year. She hasn't really played that much this year. Maybe she's been having some injury problems. Anyway, keep improving Eden!

Old Aug 18th, 2009, 07:01 PM   #45
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

right.
wasnt eden meant to be the future of british tennis? there was a lot of hype about her a few months ago but she has failed to live up to it. im just wondering if she has been injured or anything like that? she doesnt seem to play much she just lost easily to katie dunne in the nationals and i seem to remember that she isnt built very strong and maybe as the other girls are getting stronger, eden is starting to get overpowered.
hopefully she will start playing really good and her results will get better