Jade Curtis - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 4th, 2003, 09:46 PM   #1
country flag *hingis_forever*

*hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future
Jade Curtis

I think she has lots of potential considering her win over Ilke Gers who took a set off of Tanasugarn today! I know it's early, but do you think she has top 50 potential or even top 20?

*hingis_forever* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 4th, 2003, 10:27 PM   #2
tim4

tim4 has much to be proud of tim4 has much to be proud of tim4 has much to be proud of tim4 has much to be proud of tim4 has much to be proud of tim4 has much to be proud of tim4 has much to be proud of tim4 has much to be proud of tim4 has much to be proud of tim4 has much to be proud of tim4 has much to be proud of
It's much too early to say. I hope she can do well, but she's only 13 and a lot can happen in the next few years that might affect her chances of becoming world-class. But for 13 she looks every bit like a good young player and I only hope she develops as the years roll by.
tim4 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2003, 10:35 PM   #3

*hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim4
It's much too early to say. I hope she can do well, but she's only 13 and a lot can happen in the next few years that might affect her chances of becoming world-class. But for 13 she looks every bit like a good young player and I only hope she develops as the years roll by.
i guess you're right but I'm just excited to see a potentially great player from United Kingdom!

Old Nov 15th, 2003, 04:34 PM   #4
country flag Monica_Rules

Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute
I'd say shes our brightest prospect for a while but who knows she may decide to give up tennis.

I just hope she can fulfill her ambitions in tennis

Naomi Broady, Tara Moore, Heather Watson , Laura Robson

Johanna Konta, Eleanor Dean
, Sam Murray
Katy Dunne Katie Boulter
Monica_Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 12:26 AM   #5

*bump*

I was just wondering, does anyone know if she'll start playing challenger tournaments when she turns 14 this year?

Old Mar 30th, 2004, 02:40 PM   #6

Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sure the LTA are dying to give her some WC's she might play the 10k's in the summer like wrexham and london!

, Sam Murray
Katy Dunne Katie Boulter
Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 11:40 AM   #7
country flag grmbl

grmbl has disabled reputation
She's not a worldclass 13 yo junior like Krajicek, Vaidisova and Kleybanova. But it's too early to predict her future..
Old Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:52 AM   #8
tim4

tim4 has much to be proud of tim4 has much to be proud of tim4 has much to be proud of tim4 has much to be proud of tim4 has much to be proud of tim4 has much to be proud of tim4 has much to be proud of tim4 has much to be proud of tim4 has much to be proud of tim4 has much to be proud of tim4 has much to be proud of
She was featured on the BBC SouthWest 'Spotlight' news programme a few weeks back. Still seems serious about playing tennis. Let's hope she will indeed be able to enter some 10K's when she's 14.
tim4 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2004, 01:14 PM   #9
country flag hoekie274

hoekie274 is on a distinguished road hoekie274 is on a distinguished road hoekie274 is on a distinguished road hoekie274 is on a distinguished road hoekie274 is on a distinguished road hoekie274 is on a distinguished road hoekie274 is on a distinguished road hoekie274 is on a distinguished road hoekie274 is on a distinguished road hoekie274 is on a distinguished road hoekie274 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtafan_7
I think she has lots of potential considering her win over Ilke Gers who took a set off of Tanasugarn today! I know it's early, but do you think she has top 50 potential or even top 20?
I´m sorry to say that I think that Jade Curtis is overshouted. I saw the documentary on BBC and I wasn´t impressed at all. She´s blown away a couple of times (0-6) against a few junior opponents. She will never be a top junior player and it will be a surprise to me if she´s ever gonna make it on the WTA-rankings. Highest position in her career? I think 783, like a lot of other ´supposed to be´ talented players.
hoekie274 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2004, 03:20 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoekie274
I´m sorry to say that I think that Jade Curtis is overshouted. I saw the documentary on BBC and I wasn´t impressed at all. She´s blown away a couple of times (0-6) against a few junior opponents. She will never be a top junior player and it will be a surprise to me if she´s ever gonna make it on the WTA-rankings. Highest position in her career? I think 783, like a lot of other ´supposed to be´ talented players.
I think that's a bit harsh! I mean, it's been, I don't know, 5 or 6 years since Britain had a decent player so of course she's going to get hyped! She is also 13 and can only better from here!

Old May 5th, 2004, 10:38 PM   #11
country flag WIMBY

WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Jade plays her first 10K

As some have predicted, Jade turned 14 and entered her first 10K. Well done Jade, a great British prospect.

6 Singles titles and 24 Doubles titles, 3rd rnd 2012 & 1/4 Final 07 Wimbledon Mixed Doubles, Round 2 Wimbledon 06

"You have to dream big and go for it. Surround yourself with people who believe in you and ignore those who try to bring you down. Never give up, no matter what - overcoming obstacles makes you stronger." "If it is to be, it is up to me".
WIMBY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2004, 11:53 AM   #12

Well She qualified and got some ranking points.

A ranking of 783 yeah whatever.I think shes a top 500 player at least

, Sam Murray
Katy Dunne Katie Boulter
Old Dec 19th, 2004, 10:04 PM   #13
country flag WIMBY

WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of
Oprange Bowl

Unfortunately Jade did not do so well in the singles this year but did take the 16's doubles title. Well done Jade. Good luck in 2005

6 Singles titles and 24 Doubles titles, 3rd rnd 2012 & 1/4 Final 07 Wimbledon Mixed Doubles, Round 2 Wimbledon 06

"You have to dream big and go for it. Surround yourself with people who believe in you and ignore those who try to bring you down. Never give up, no matter what - overcoming obstacles makes you stronger." "If it is to be, it is up to me".
WIMBY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2004, 04:07 AM   #14
country flag Gowza

Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of
to early to tell how good of a player she can be. would be good if she was a good singles player for british tennis but if she becomes a good doubles player it would be nearly as good for british tennis, just to see someone doing well at the highest level would be nice.

also good luck to: azarenka, lucic, sprem, vakulenko, vaidisova, safarova, ivanovic, groenefeld, mirza, krajicek, kvitkova, larcher de brito, lisicki.
Gowza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2004, 08:24 AM   #15
country flag ae wowww

ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of
Go Jade!!
Natasha Khan - Tatiana Perebiynis - Lucie Safarova - Kelly Liggan - Maria Sharapova - Andrea Petkovic - Anna Smith - Jie Zheng - Jelena Dokic - Francesca Schiavone - Kim Clijsters - Tamira Paszek - Iveta Benesova - Cara Black - Jane O'Donoghue - Alicia Molik - Elena Bovina - Emily Webley-Smith - Emma Laine - Casey Dellacqua - Patty Schnyder - Carly Gullickson - Caroline Wozniacki - Jennifer Russell - Jelena Jankovic - Trudi Musgrave - Nicole Vaidisova - Anna Chakvetadze - Pemra Ozgen - Shuai Peng - Bryanne Stewart - Alexandra Stevenson - Abigail Spears - Sania Mirza - Irina Bulykina - Tatiana Golovin - Jill Craybas - Bethanie Mattek

Anastassia Rodionova
ae wowww is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote