2011-12 verbals, high interest & transfers - Page 46 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 8th, 2012, 10:35 PM   #676
country flag form

form has disabled reputation
Re: 2011-12 verbals, high interest & transfers

Irvine degree must not be worth much. A scoop is actual information before it's announced. A crystal ball is a guess. Silly ch'EATER.

But you can go see your girl Alawi play this weekend as she is at USD and LMU. She was pretty much UCI's best player last year... dropping match points and the match to Kwan during season and then failing to convert 10 (no exageration, 10) match points to clinch the 8th Big West title in 10 years for LB. It eventually happened anyway, but only after Alawi extended the match for about 20 minutes. Maybe Alawi was a UCI secret agent. ;-)
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 9th, 2012, 07:07 AM   #677
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Re: Updates

2/8/12

- East Carolina got junior 4 star Danielle Terpko. She transferred from Mississippi State where she played #3 singles.

- Mississippi State loses #2 singles senior Mariya Ryzhova of Ukraine. She had an ITF ranking high of 308.

- Mississippi State loses #6 singles sophomore Vivian Pietraroia of Brazil.

- Mississippi State gets Ekateria Iakovleva of Russia. She had a WTA ranking high of 898. She's only 18 but listed as a junior.

- Mississippi State gets Naomi Tran of Australia for Spring 2012.

Last edited by gouci : Feb 9th, 2012 at 08:26 AM.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 04:26 PM   #678
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10sE View Post
Elena Fayner was "poached" at the last minute by SMU. Not the first time we have seen that from them!
3/18/12

- SMU gets Elena Fayner of Russia for Spring 2012. She originally gave a verbal to Boston for 2012-13. She had an ITF ranking high of 260.

- SMU gets 3 star walk-on Perri Anderson.

Last edited by gouci : Mar 18th, 2012 at 04:41 PM.
Old Mar 29th, 2012, 07:14 AM   #679
country flag gouci

3/29/12

- Penn got Agustina Sol Eskenazi of Argentina. She had an ITF ranking high of 31.

- Penn got Alexandra Ion of Romania.

Old Mar 31st, 2012, 07:29 PM   #680
country flag gouci

3/31/12

- Colorado loses #3 singles, junior Michaela Hedelund Jensen of Denmark. She seems to have graduated in 3 years.

- Colorado gets Julyette Maria Josephine Steur of Netherlands for Spring 2012.

- Colorado gets Camille Sabourin of Canada for Spring 2012.

Old Apr 7th, 2012, 03:42 AM   #681
country flag gouci

4/6/12

- SMU lost sophomore 5 star Charlotte Calhoun. She didn't play Spring 2011.

Old Apr 10th, 2012, 07:33 PM   #682
country flag gouci

4/10/12

- Oklahoma gets sophomore 4 star Whitney Wofford. She transferred from Tennessee where she played #7 singles.

- Memphis State gets freshman Alyssa Hibberd of Australia. She originally signed a L.O.I. with Tennessee.

- Tennessee gets Jesse Norah Grace of South Africa for Spring 2012.

Old Apr 10th, 2012, 10:29 PM   #683
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
4/10/12

- Oklahoma gets sophomore 4 star Whitney Wofford. She transferred from Tennessee where she played #7 singles.

- Memphis State gets freshman Alyssa Hibberd of Australia. She originally signed a L.O.I. with Tennessee.

- Tennessee gets Jesse Norah Grace of South Africa for Spring 2012.

It's not a big deal, but is it Memphis State or Memphis? Everywhere else I've seen it say Memphis.

tennisbuddy12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 10:47 PM   #684
country flag gouci

Well tennisbuddy Memphis State tries to hide the FACT that they are a public school by dropping state from their name but as long as Memphis State is a part of the Tennessee State University system they are a public school and by rule of thumb Memphis State is how they should be identified.

Just like the small Forward for the Lakers may have changed his name to Metta World Peace but I still think of him as Ron Artest.

Last edited by gouci : Apr 10th, 2012 at 11:27 PM.
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 01:04 AM   #685
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
Well tennisbuddy Memphis State tries to hide the FACT that they are a public school by dropping state from their name but as long as Memphis State is a part of the Tennessee State University system they are a public school and by rule of thumb Memphis State is how they should be identified.

Just like the small Forward for the Lakers may have changed his name to Metta World Peace but I still think of him as Ron Artest.
Hilarious. I call them Memphis State as well...it's a subject that's "close to home" for me!
10sE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2012, 07:02 PM   #686
country flag gouci

4/14/12

- Northwestern gets sophomore 4 star Veronica Corning for Spring 2012. She transferred from Boston College where she played #4 singles.

- Boston College lost #8 singles, sophomore 5 star Haley Dixon.

- Boston College got walk-on 4 star Sarah Dalton.
Old Apr 26th, 2012, 04:53 AM   #687
country flag gouci

4/25/12

- Northwestern got Anna Livadaru of Germany. She had a WTA ranking high of 494.

Old Jun 16th, 2012, 02:49 AM   #688
country flag ats_tennis

ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice

Molly O'Koniewski of UVA is transferring to Notre Dame. Yet another UVA transfer
ats_tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #689
country flag johnnytennis

johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ats_tennis View Post
Molly O'Koniewski of UVA is transferring to Notre Dame. Yet another UVA transfer
You knew this was coming! He has two people graduating and three blue chip recruits coming in the fall so he had to get rid of someone! She will be a lot better off at Notre Dame!
johnnytennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2012, 06:37 PM   #690
country flag ats_tennis

ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytennis View Post
You knew this was coming! He has two people graduating and three blue chip recruits coming in the fall so he had to get rid of someone! She will be a lot better off at Notre Dame!
I think everyone saw this one coming!

I agree she will be much better off at Notre Dame, although I can't help but feel bad for her because of how much she loved UVA. This was a girl who has worn UVA gear every single day for years. I just spoke to her a little over a month ago and she was telling me how much she loved UVA and how it was a dream come true. So it's sad to see her go
ats_tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote