2011-12 verbals, high interest & transfers - Page 45 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 20th, 2011, 08:39 PM   #661
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2011-12 verbals, high interest & transfers

Thanks Embittered! I was wondering yesterday where the Ren sisters would be looking actually. I remember them being touted as the next best thing in Britain.

tennisbuddy12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 21st, 2011, 03:04 PM   #662
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Re: Updates

12/21/11

- North Texas gets junior Ilona Serchenko of Ukraine. She transferred from McNeese State where she played #1 singles.

- North Texas gets junior Valentina Starkova of Kazakhstan. She transferred from Arkansas where she played #7 singles. She had an ITF ranking high of 106.

- Arkansas gets Catherine Parenteau St-Antoine of Canada.

gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2011, 04:27 PM   #663
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post
There've been some mutterings that Jess might be fetching up somewhere in January
Have heard rumours that Jess has decided on Missouri, although she will likely be penalised by the NCAA
10sE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2011, 04:55 PM   #664

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10sE View Post
Have heard rumours that Jess has decided on Missouri, although she will likely be penalised by the NCAA
Why? Is she pro or something? I was wondering why her sister was in NAIA, she's certainly D-1 level.

Old Dec 23rd, 2011, 07:18 PM   #665
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbuddy12 View Post
Why? Is she pro or something? I was wondering why her sister was in NAIA, she's certainly D-1 level.
Sarah Borwell posted something about Jennifer not taking her exams (GCSEs) at the right time, or age. With apologies to form and others, the NCAA rules are all about angels on pinheads to me, so I didn't take it in.

Sarah has definitely established a relationship with the Missouri coach, so that's a plausible destination for Jess.
Embittered is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2011, 11:52 PM   #666
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbuddy12 View Post
Apparently she signed a sponsorship contract. Sometimes when these girls have penny ante sponsorships the NCAA allows them to "pay back" the money to a charity and they become born-again amateurs so to speak. Jess' contract was not of the garden variety but rather a big money deal which she has not the means to pay back. I would not be surprised to see her end up at NAIA as well but with nothing to lose really, I supposed Missouri is trying their luck and begging for clemency from the NCAA.

By the way, how much does Sarah Borwell charge these girls for help placing them?
10sE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2011, 09:58 AM   #667
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10sE View Post
By the way, how much does Sarah Borwell charge these girls for help placing them?
There seems to be a price list here: http://tennissmart.net/packages.html. I'm hoping that's as cheap as she claims, she says her motivation is to help the players but she was reluctantly forced to charge.
Embittered is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2011, 03:24 PM   #668

Yeah, a lot of services are way more, usually around Europe, but specifically in Russia.

Old Dec 29th, 2011, 04:06 AM   #669
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

12/28/11

- Cal St. Fullerton gets 3 star Kalika Slevcove.

- Cal St. Fullerton gets walk-on not rated Devyn Billingsley.

- Cal St. Northridge gets walk-on not rated Shelby Sinoway.

- UC Davis gets senior walk-on Zoe Davidson. She transferred from Community College of San Mateo which didn't field a tennis team.

Last edited by gouci : Dec 29th, 2011 at 04:21 AM.
Old Jan 2nd, 2012, 07:37 AM   #670
country flag gouci

1/1/12

68. 5 star Sabrina Kierberg is attending Harvard but is not on the roster.

- Harvard gets back redshirt junior, blue chip Camille Jania. She was removed from the roster during her sophomore 2009-10 and redshirt sophomore 2010-11 seasons.

Last edited by gouci : Jan 2nd, 2012 at 07:47 AM.
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 02:06 AM   #671
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if it was posted, but Stephen F. Austin gets junior college transfer Antonia Kolovou
And they also got Nataly Yoo

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 08:14 PM   #672
country flag gouci

2/1/12

- Ball State gets verbal from Ayaka Terashi of Japan for 2012-13.

Old Feb 8th, 2012, 07:21 AM   #673
country flag gouci

2/7/12

- South Carolina gets junior Jaklin Alawi of Bulgaria. She transferred from Long Beach St. where she played mostly #2 singles. She had a WTA ranking high of 881.

- South Carolina gets Dina Guzairova of Russia.

- South Carolina gets junior 3 star Stephanie Cox. She transferred from Wofford where she played #8 singles.

- Denver gets junior Madeleine Saari-Bystrom of Sweden. She transferred from South Carolina where she played #4 singles. She had an ITF ranking high of 312.

- Denver gets Michelle Garpenlov of Sweden.

- Mississippi State gets sophomore Khrystyna Pavlyuk of Ukraine She originally signed a L.O.I. to play of Washington St. in 2010-11. She lost 1 year of eligibility. She had an ITF ranking high of 364.

- Mississippi State gets Petra Ferancova of Slovakia.

Last edited by gouci : Feb 8th, 2012 at 08:42 AM.
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 03:28 PM   #674
country flag form

form has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
2/7/12

- South Carolina gets junior Jaklin Alawi of Bulgaria. She transferred from Long Beach St. where she played mostly #2 singles. She had a WTA ranking high of 881.
[/b]

Did you know the Lindbergh baby is still missing too?

Did you know Rod Laver won the slam?

Perhaps you can take some notes from 10sE about how to 'scoop' information. Alawi has been there for 6 months and been nationally ranked for more than a month. (She also promptly lost her first dual match... returning to usual form?).
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 06:45 PM   #675
country flag gouci

You want a scoop, I'll give you a scoop years in advance.

Looking into my crystal ball I don't see the 17 year old Russian Karolina Rozenberg graduating from Long Beach State.