December practices - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 16th, 2008, 06:17 PM   #31
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future
Re: December practices

Marion has decided to skip Paris OGF tournament. She wants to focus her energy on Dubaï tournament. (frm Régis Brunet IMG France in tennis magazine December '08))
Lighter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 17th, 2008, 11:01 AM   #32
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

As expected, Marion's father said no to Nicolas Escudé : http://sports.nouvelobs.com/cmc/scan...855.html?popup
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 11:56 AM   #33
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighter View Post
As expected, Marion's father said no to Nicolas Escudé : http://sports.nouvelobs.com/cmc/scan...855.html?popup
Incompatibility in what respect?Is this for the same reason that existed before with Goven or is this because of Dechaume...or is it a combination of both?(perhaps there's even a neew reason that I'm unaware of)

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 12:04 PM   #34
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Im really disappointed about these two decisions made by Marion. Refusing to play Fed Cup and to compete in a French tournament tell really much about how individualistic Marion is ... Really shocking, it's as if she were doing everything to avoid contact with the French team.
I know the calendar completely sucks ... still, she could have made an effort here.

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaď - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 01:42 PM   #35
country flag Super_Marion

Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold

Maybe you see things through the lense of patriotism Iceland but i'm sorry friend you just not seeing this as it is, another snub of the Bartoli way.

But even if it was taht she simpl didnt want to represent France, that's her prerogative.
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 03:20 PM   #36
country flag Lighter

Explanation is very clear now. Nicolas Escudé drew Mr Bartoli yesterday afternoon:
"I did not know the ins and outs of the case. He explained his method of training (fonctionnement). I found it more than respectable, especially since it has produced results, but totally incompatible with the French team because inapplicable inside a group. "

Everyone has defended his arguments. It's just a question of incompatibility.
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 03:57 PM   #37
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute

A shame. I think her game is so well suited to the courts at the Paris open.
Marionated is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 04:31 PM   #38
country flag Lighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doa15 View Post
A shame. I think her game is so well suited to the courts at the Paris open.
Not a shame. Just a logical decision.
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 07:06 PM   #39
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighter View Post
Not a shame. Just a logical decision.
Oh. I didn't know Dubai was a higher level tournament than Paris now. I just knew they were both tier 2's this year.
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 08:59 PM   #40
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Marion View Post
Maybe you see things through the lense of patriotism Iceland but i'm sorry friend you just not seeing this as it is, another snub of the Bartoli way.

But even if it was taht she simpl didnt want to represent France, that's her prerogative.
At times Marion's willingness to be special is a bit boring, it's really a shame that she only sees her career as her job. Well take it as patriotism, but I don't understand how can somebody refuse to play an event on her home land. Some players would love to have such an opportunity and Marion doesn't take it. Yeah yeah she has the right to do what she wants but when you are a public figure, you create expectations, emotions, you communicate with the crowd, this is part of the pleasure of playing... It's not very generous from Marion to turn her back from Paris. People will be disappointed, well I am.

As regards her schedule, I would say that it's not even a smart choice. Dubai will be a tough event, no way she gets seeded so no easy draw. I wish she played Paris & Memphis. She always does well on fast surfaces.

Voilà, that's my opinion, don't bash me for criticizing Marion. She is my favourite tennis player. It's just that at times I wish she would act differently.

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaď - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

Old Dec 17th, 2008, 09:19 PM   #41
country flag Marionated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceland View Post
At times Marion's willingness to be special is a bit boring, it's really a shame that she only sees her career as her job. Well take it as patriotism, but I don't understand how can somebody refuse to play an event on her home land. Some players would love to have such an opportunity and Marion doesn't take it. Yeah yeah she has the right to do what she wants but when you are a public figure, you create expectations, emotions, you communicate with the crowd, this is part of the pleasure of playing... It's not very generous from Marion to turn her back from Paris. People will be disappointed, well I am.

As regards her schedule, I would say that it's not even a smart choice. Dubai will be a tough event, no way she gets seeded so no easy draw. I wish she played Paris & Memphis. She always does well on fast surfaces.
Voilŕ, that's my opinion, don't bash me for criticizing Marion. She is my favourite tennis player. It's just that at times I wish she would act differently.
I agree with all this actually.

Regarding Fed cup, tbh it doesn't mean much to me. If Marion was British and declined to play, it wouldn't really bother me in the slighest. I just don't see it as a really important event , but I can see how others think otherwise.

I just hope Marion doesn't get booed at the French open
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 10:22 PM   #42
country flag Iceland
From island to island

No me too, I couldn't care less about Fed Cup, Im totally fine with Marion's refusal ... but I can't get over the fact that she doesnt play in Paris. I had my tickets ordered already, it won't feel the same without Marion.

Old Dec 17th, 2008, 10:46 PM   #43
country flag Lighter

It's possible that Marion doesn't want to be criticized by French medias and crowd cause fed cup.
Old Dec 21st, 2008, 01:38 AM   #44
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceland View Post
No me too, I couldn't care less about Fed Cup, Im totally fine with Marion's refusal ... but I can't get over the fact that she doesnt play in Paris. I had my tickets ordered already, it won't feel the same without Marion.
then i understand your dissapointment, and i agree that it's puzzling.