Will Venus still be able to win Wimbledon at 35, like her dad said ? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 26th, 2008, 09:37 PM   #1
country flag LightWarrior

LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute
Will Venus still be able to win Wimbledon at 35, like her dad said ?

She seems to be like wine, getting better and fitter as she grows older. And smart as she is she seems to be able to see the big picture and has been handling her career very well in spite of the injuries. She's a formidable athlete, she doesn't need to retrieve as many balls as on other surfaces, her serve helps a ton. I think she can to it if she wants to, even at 35. I'm sure that breaking Navratilova's record is in the back of her head, having won 3 of the last 4 Championships.
LightWarrior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 26th, 2008, 09:40 PM   #2
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Venus still be able to win Wimbledon at 35, like her dad said ?

She could, she even said when she was younger, "I want to win more Wimbledons than everyone", she is determined to do that.

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2008, 09:53 PM   #3
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute

hmm that's tough, I think that Venus at 35 could beat any players in the Final of Wimbledon, but I'm not sure if she's be able to play for 2 weeks to reach it. But she definitely could beat any players if she would play the final of Wimbledon even at 35

"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2008, 10:06 PM   #4
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

If the tour continues to be the tour it is today, yes.
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2008, 10:06 PM   #5
country flag Kworb
Most Loved Member

Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute

Wimbledon is a different sport from tennis and Venus is the only one practicing it. She can keep winning it as long as she's able to walk. There is no competition in this meaningless tournament.

SERENA WILLIAMS 64 75 AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA 61 57 60
LAUREN DAVIS 60 76 CAMILA GIORGI 46 63 75 BOJANA JOVANOVSKI 63 36 75
VENUS WILLIAMS 64 76 AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA 62 62
Kworb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2008, 10:10 PM   #6
country flag Miss Atomic Bomb

Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kworb View Post
Wimbledon is a different sport from tennis and Venus is the only one practicing it. She can keep winning it as long as she's able to walk. There is no competition in this meaningless tournament.
You will sing a different tune if Elena does better there.

Miss Atomic Bomb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2008, 10:11 PM   #7
country flag Kworb
Most Loved Member

Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by reetard View Post
SF was pretty good this year. If she wins it I will be pissed. She needs to win a real Grand Slam.

Old Nov 26th, 2008, 10:13 PM   #8

Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
SF was pretty good this year. If she wins it I will be pissed. She needs to win a real Grand Slam.
Too bad she doesn't have the talent to do so,she will as usual always fall short to a much more talented player.

Old Nov 26th, 2008, 10:14 PM   #9
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by reetard View Post
The only reason he is saying that is probably because Henin, who was still #1 even after her departure from the tour, never won Wimbledon

Old Nov 26th, 2008, 10:17 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
The only reason he is saying that is because Henin, who was still #1 even after her departure from the tour, never won Wimbledon
Talk about sour grapes

Old Nov 26th, 2008, 10:27 PM   #11
country flag court70

court70 has much to be proud of court70 has much to be proud of court70 has much to be proud of court70 has much to be proud of court70 has much to be proud of court70 has much to be proud of court70 has much to be proud of court70 has much to be proud of court70 has much to be proud of court70 has much to be proud of court70 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothingfails999 View Post
She seems to be like wine, getting better and fitter as she grows older. And smart as she is she seems to be able to see the big picture and has been handling her career very well in spite of the injuries. She's a formidable athlete, she doesn't need to retrieve as many balls as on other surfaces, her serve helps a ton. I think she can to it if she wants to, even at 35. I'm sure that breaking Navratilova's record is in the back of her head, having won 3 of the last 4 Championships.
NOT - Venus is making her own history and record.
court70 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2008, 10:30 PM   #12
country flag Kworb
Most Loved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
The only reason he is saying that is probably because Henin, who was still #1 even after her departure from the tour, never won Wimbledon
Indeed, the two best players of all time never bothered to win this tournament; Monica Seles and Justine Henin. That says enough about the value of this sandbox.

Old Nov 26th, 2008, 10:32 PM   #13
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Quote:
Indeed, the two best players of all time never bothered to win this tournament; Monica Seles and Justine Henin. That says enough about the value of this sandbox.
No, they both made the final and just lost to better players all 3 times.

Old Nov 26th, 2008, 10:42 PM   #14
country flag Tennisation

Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
last time I checked, the sandbox doesn't have grass in it, just a bunch of dirt and clay, u've mistaken
Tennisation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2008, 10:48 PM   #15
country flag Renalicious
goatra

Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute

^ Ouch.

serena, jankovic, venus, na, hsieh, date-krumm, jovanovski
makarova, diatchenko, halep, goerges and kvitova

My Youtube Channel
Renalicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote