It's good to see Venus back - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 8th, 2008, 08:15 PM   #1
Demska
Miss Resilient

Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute
It's good to see Venus back

I like watching Venus play. When she is on she is the best player on tour IMO. She has such an all court game and it is a joy to watch. I am glad she is playing well again and hope she plays like this in 2009.
Demska is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 8th, 2008, 08:18 PM   #2
country flag Miss Atomic Bomb

Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute
Re: It's good to see Venus back

She needs to get some first serves in really.
Her patchy serving and un-fathomable form just makes me go hormonal like a pregnant woman.

Miss Atomic Bomb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2008, 08:20 PM   #3
country flag Bosco123

Bosco123 has much to be proud of Bosco123 has much to be proud of Bosco123 has much to be proud of Bosco123 has much to be proud of Bosco123 has much to be proud of Bosco123 has much to be proud of Bosco123 has much to be proud of Bosco123 has much to be proud of Bosco123 has much to be proud of Bosco123 has much to be proud of Bosco123 has much to be proud of

I agree but I like Jelena's game even more.
Bosco123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2008, 08:53 PM   #4
country flag LudwigDvorak
Rainbowingis.

LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute

She's 25-4 since the start of Wimbledon.

W-QF-QF-SF-1R-W-W/F.

For awhile I was getting very underwhelmed with Venus (her Wimbledon run is the worst run out of all her slams and yes I know Serena was a great win/match), especially with those two lame matches she lost in Beijing and New York, but since then I have no complaints.

It's been another excellent second half of the season for Venus. 2008 > 2007 for sure.

Her winning Zurich is still my favorite Vee moment all year. Maybe it'll be YEC tomorrow.
LudwigDvorak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2008, 09:16 PM   #5
country flag sweetpeas

sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute

When your Great,people had a way to hate you!THE Great Ali always stated that!He told a story,where this lady stood in the hallway,to tell him she"s been waiting for this "day..She would travel all around the world,to see him fight.She was so joyful to see,that "someone kick his ass!
Mr.Ali said he couldn"t believe,what he was seeing or hearing.His jaw was busted up.His wife faint.He said he would never "ever forget that lady!That what Hatteras does!

PEACE!
sweetpeas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2008, 09:35 PM   #6
country flag Sander.

Sander. has a reputation beyond repute Sander. has a reputation beyond repute Sander. has a reputation beyond repute Sander. has a reputation beyond repute Sander. has a reputation beyond repute Sander. has a reputation beyond repute Sander. has a reputation beyond repute Sander. has a reputation beyond repute Sander. has a reputation beyond repute Sander. has a reputation beyond repute Sander. has a reputation beyond repute

Vee, Vee, Vee
Sander. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 01:06 AM   #7
country flag DemWilliamsGulls

DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute

I agree her confindence is back...Wimbledon has really helped her gain that confidence...I actually see her winning her first Australian and hopefully her first French..but that may be pushing it a little....but I know she can win the French.
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 01:10 AM   #8
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemWilliamsGulls View Post
I agree her confindence is back...Wimbledon has really helped her gain that confidence...I actually see her winning her first Australian and hopefully her first French..but that may be pushing it a little....but I know she can win the French.
She should already have a French Open title, in 2004

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 06:22 AM   #9
country flag V's a star

V's a star has a reputation beyond repute V's a star has a reputation beyond repute V's a star has a reputation beyond repute V's a star has a reputation beyond repute V's a star has a reputation beyond repute V's a star has a reputation beyond repute V's a star has a reputation beyond repute V's a star has a reputation beyond repute V's a star has a reputation beyond repute V's a star has a reputation beyond repute V's a star has a reputation beyond repute

Its so unbelievably great!!! I was wondering if this day was ever going to come. So happy i kept believing all these years.
V's a star is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 07:05 AM   #10
country flag AcesHigh

AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute

Without Henin and Davenport.. and with her possibly getting over the mental hurdle of JJ and 3set matches..and with Serena not fulfilling her potential, Venus could possibly return to the top of the tour in 2009. I'm very hopeful.

The first step is winning tomorrow. Confidence has been her problem the last few years.. I think she's getting it back. I'm SO happy.

A big TOLD YA SO to the people who didnt believe me when I said Vee keeps better every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinbaker00 View Post
When will you learn that "pushers" never make it past the club level, let alone #1 on the WTA computer? Will it be too late?
AcesHigh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 09:13 AM   #11
new-york
和平.

new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute

i love how she keeps her cool, how she's in control.

whatever happens today, there's a lot of positive to take from this season.
i just hope that 2009 won't be a return to the patchy basics but a new start with more confidence and consistency.

she's too good not to compete & contend for ALL the big titles.

can't wait.
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 09:31 AM   #12
country flag Mashafaaaaan

Mashafaaaaan is a splendid one to behold Mashafaaaaan is a splendid one to behold Mashafaaaaan is a splendid one to behold Mashafaaaaan is a splendid one to behold Mashafaaaaan is a splendid one to behold Mashafaaaaan is a splendid one to behold Mashafaaaaan is a splendid one to behold Mashafaaaaan is a splendid one to behold Mashafaaaaan is a splendid one to behold Mashafaaaaan is a splendid one to behold Mashafaaaaan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcesHigh View Post
Without Henin and Davenport.. and with her possibly getting over the mental hurdle of JJ and 3set matches..and with Serena not fulfilling her potential, Venus could possibly return to the top of the tour in 2009. I'm very hopeful.
Why exclude Mariahow dare u put Davenport in and exclude Maria honestly? I think I know the answer.

Last edited by Mashafaaaaan : Nov 9th, 2008 at 09:52 AM.
Mashafaaaaan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 10:25 AM   #13
country flag LCS

LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeas View Post
When your Great,people had a way to hate you!THE Great Ali always stated that!He told a story,where this lady stood in the hallway,to tell him she"s been waiting for this "day..She would travel all around the world,to see him fight.She was so joyful to see,that "someone kick his ass!
Mr.Ali said he couldn"t believe,what he was seeing or hearing.His jaw was busted up.His wife faint.He said he would never "ever forget that lady!That what Hatteras does!

PEACE!
W: (12) Australian Open (11) 50K Monzon, Toronto F: (12) Montreal (09) 25K Redding, Bali YEC (08) Memphis, Stanford, 100K Krakow SF: (13) Toronto (12) Estoril Open (09) Roland Garros, Stanford (08) Auckland, Rome, Eastbourne, New Haven
Doubles W: (11) Hobart (09) 25K Redding (08) Doha, Istanbul (07) Estoril Open F: (12) Pattaya, Roland Garros, Stanford (11) Guangzhou(08) Memphis, Wimbledon, New Haven (07) Bali SF: (11) Trnava (10) Stuttgart (08) Budapest (07)Birmingham, US Open QF: (12) Australian Open (11) Roland Garros
LCS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 10:28 AM   #14
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
She should already have a French Open title, in 2004
Indeed
Her QF against Myskina was terrible, but she played a great clay court season before
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 10:30 AM   #15
country flag Mina Vagante

Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute

Whilst I agree that its good to see Venus back, the best player one tour when she is on is still Serena.