2010-2011 recruiting - "speculation only" - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 10th, 2009, 12:52 PM   #16
country flag tennisfiend

tennisfiend is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2010-2011 recruiting - "speculation only"

Form or Gouci:

Is it possible to send either one of a you a private message or am I able to email either one of you?

On a separate note, as of a few weeks ago, Nikki wasn't considering The Naval Academy. Her sister's first choice was Notre Dame.
tennisfiend is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 10th, 2009, 05:23 PM   #17
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

tennisfiend thanks for that info about the Sanders sisters!

I hope you continue to act more like a friend rather than a fiend.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 09:23 PM   #18
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

Hey form since tennisfiend was kind enough to share about Britney Sanders why don't you answer an earlier post by tennisfiend to show our gratitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfiend View Post
I am new to this forum and to the college recruiting process. I was hoping someone could shed some light on the following: In the past few weeks, at least three girls from the 2010 class, Julia Courter, Charlotte Calhoun, and Haley Fournier, have given verbal commitments.Is this common for girls to commit so soon? Is this becoming a trend? Since they are juniors, I am assuming they visited the schools at their expense? Do tennis coaches prefer to get early commitments? In an earlier post, it was mentioned one of the players (Haley Fournier) was going to play two sports. How is this possible when tennis is in the Fall and Spring? Thanks.
I will respond with what I know.

1. Common for girls to commit soon? Last year by July 2008, when coaches can call recruits, I didn't recall any verbals publicly listed yet. However this year by July 2009 in comparison there were about a dozen verbals already listed on TRN. It looks like a recent trend.

2. Juniors visiting at their own expense? Official visits can be taken only the 1st day of school your senior year. So anything before that is unofficial and at the recruit's expense.

What I'd like to know is if a recruit gets an official visit is it safe to assume that came with an offer in most cases?

3. Do coaches prefer early commitments? Coaches may make several offers to several players and the 1st recruit to give a verbal wins the prize. So when a coach makes a recruit an offer they want them in that moment.

Last edited by gouci : Sep 10th, 2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 09:35 PM   #19
country flag gouci

Mia Lancaster - 5 star

Rumor has it Mia Lancaster has given a verbal to Oklahoma.
Old Sep 12th, 2009, 08:47 PM   #20
country flag iamjustafan

iamjustafan is an unknown quantity at this point

Reagrding the two-sport athlete discussed earlier. Why is there an assumption she is only playing tennis in the Spring? I was told this she is playing soccer in the Fall (August to October) but will also practice and play matches with the tennis team in the Fall as much as possible. I do know Texas Tech had three scholarships for 2010. The coach must have thought she was worth the injury risk. If the girl is good enough to play soccer and tennis and maintain academics, I say good for her.
iamjustafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2009, 08:01 AM   #21
country flag gouci

Brooke Bolender - blue chip

Rumor has it Brooke Bolender is going to Michigan.
Old Sep 17th, 2009, 07:09 AM   #22
country flag gouci

Lilly Kimbell - blue chip

Rumor has it Lilly Kimbell is looking at Illinois.
Old Sep 17th, 2009, 06:42 PM   #23
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

Kimbell is indeed looking at Illinois. Other schools also in the running for Kimbell are Florida State, Texas, Georgia, and North Carolina.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2009, 07:09 AM   #24
country flag johnnytennis

johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice

Tennisace, I like your comments but your the little closing at the end of every post is getting a little old. Try something new!

"Please, we are NOT tennis players, we are STARS!

Anna Kournikova, on being a tennis player"
johnnytennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2009, 01:55 PM   #25
country flag gouci

Courtney Griffith - 5 star

Rumor has it Griffith is looking at Kentucky, Alabama, Ohio St. and Miami of Ohio.
Old Sep 22nd, 2009, 10:06 PM   #26
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytennis View Post
Tennisace, I like your comments but your the little closing at the end of every post is getting a little old. Try something new!

"Please, we are NOT tennis players, we are STARS!

Anna Kournikova, on being a tennis player"
I have forgotten about that (it's actually my signature) but I have turned off all signatures on the board so I don't see anyone's. I guess I'll remove it seeing how she's not even a tennis player anymore.

But back on topic, I am very surprised by the lack of verbals. I feel like at this point last year practically all blue chips were committed in some form or another. I wonder why this year is so different, anyone have thoughts?

It's especially odd because I think this year's class is extremely talented which is not good for Stanford and Cal as they only have one scholarship available unless current scholarships are revoked.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2009, 11:37 PM   #27

johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice

I don't know if I have ever seen more transfers then there are this year. It would be interesting to see why there are so many. It must be either problems academically, not getting along with the coach or teammates, not happy where they are playing in the lineup or they just don't like the school. You wonder how much research they did or what kind of visit they make before they commit in the first place. With all the articles written on tennisrecruiting on making sure you do your homework before committing to a college, it would be nice if they did an article on why there are so many tennis players transferring. That to me would be a more interesting article.
Old Sep 23rd, 2009, 04:10 PM   #28

Form, I agree completely on what you said. The new rule I thought was already in place until I saw a few of these players get accolades from their former team on the great year they just had which was in June and find them on someone else's roster in September. I know they are just college athletes but I think it hurts the programs outside of the top 20. Now I see why some of these top teams had such lean rosters going into August/September, they were expecting to pick up some top players transferring from other colleges.
Old Sep 23rd, 2009, 08:17 PM   #29
country flag gouci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
But back on topic, I am very surprised by the lack of verbals. I feel like at this point last year practically all blue chips were committed in some form or another. I wonder why this year is so different, anyone have thoughts?
This date last year about 15 top 100 recruits had made verbals. Today about 25+ top 100 recruits have made verbals. So in reality this year is further along than last year was at this same time.
Old Sep 24th, 2009, 06:53 PM   #30
country flag gouci

Beatrice Capra

**This post had to be deleted due to Copyright laws.**

Last edited by gouci : Jan 8th, 2010 at 06:01 PM.