Tennis Tipping | San Diego
10/11/2008 - 16/11/2008
50K , WWW.SANTALUZ.COM
Welcome to San Diego
! The 77
th tournament of the Tennis Tipping season. Read the rules and sign-up information and then decide to join!
Playing the game is simple:
- before the tournament start the qualifying and the main draw are made.
- if you're in the qualifying you send in your pick of day 1 matches in a PM to the person running the tournament (including the set ratios for each match) You also send the exact score of one chosen match by the person running the tournament as a tie-breaker. The result you get is used throughout the qualifying rounds
- main draw starts on day 2, all qualifiers and players directly into the main draw send their picks with set ratios and a tie-breaker score to the person running the game
- the results will be posted as soon as possible.
- you have to send your picks, before the first match of the day starts, if you send your picks late, then all the picks for the matches already started or finished won't be counted
- a match will not count in case of a retirement, withdrawal, if a player is defaulted or any late schedule changes
- you get a point for each correctly predicted winner and a bonus point for the correctly predicted set ratio, the person running the game can decide if the set ratios get counted for a certain round (you're still obliged to send them), this depends on the number of matches, if there is a large number of matches played in one day, then set ratios might not get counted.
Set ratios are needed in singles if the order of play for the TT round includes 7
or fewer matches, while for doubles they are required if there are 3
or fewer matches on the order of play.
- When posting the OOP, the managers will clarify if set ratios are needed or not.
For doubles: - All rules cited above are applied for doubles
- You still pick the WTA singles matches, not the doubles.
- You team up with another player committed for the TT tournament being played and the score of the team is the combined scores of both players.
- To commit your team, just post a commitment in the relative thread of the TT tournament, in the following way: "posterA/posterB is a team" eg: Chris84/Slokid. Alphabetical order should be followed for ranking purposes.
The Number Of Participants Per Round:
Monday - Qualifying Players
Tuesday - MD starts - 32 Players
Wednesday- Round of last 16 Players
Saturday+Friday - F
Commitment: If you want to play post a commitment here.
Notify me if you committed but do not see your name on the entry list after the commitments close. All picks should be sent by PM, in case if the board is down for more than 1 day, the tournament will be cancelled.