2010-11 verbals, high interest & transfers - Page 39 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 17th, 2010, 04:41 AM   #571
country flag davidjaime

davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice
Re: 2010-11 recruiting - verbals & high interest

South Florida gets

Kate Parker of New Zealand
she had an ITF Junior Combined Ranking of 406 (15 Feb 2010)

5 star recruit Alessandra Bonte
TRN Ranking high of 31 (2/18)

Liz Cruz of El Salvador
she had a WTA high ranking of 805 (26 Apr 2004)
(im skeptical they listed her since she was born in 1985)

Loreto Alonso Martinez of Spain

3 star walk on Katherine Pyne
Advertisement

Old Sep 17th, 2010, 04:58 AM   #572
country flag davidjaime

davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice

Old Dominion gets

Nika Khmolovska of the Ukraine

Melissa Olguin of Spain
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 05:02 AM   #573
country flag davidjaime

South Alabama gets

Julia Ivanova of Bulgaria
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 05:12 AM   #574
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

Hey davidjaime why don't you stop doing a half-ass job and also list down the players that end up leaving the team.

gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 05:14 AM   #575
country flag davidjaime

Sacramento State gets

Katharina Knoebl of Austria
she had an ITF Junior Combined Ranking of 492 (21 Apr 2008)

Alina Savchuk of Ukraine
she had an ITF Junior Combined Ranking of 482 (05 Jan 2009)

Sophie Lohscheidt of Germany

Gina Zambernardi of Mexico
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 05:17 AM   #576
country flag davidjaime

Gouci sorry dont have info on past rosters from most universities
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 07:42 AM   #577
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

davidjaime in your rush to post as much as you can you entirely miss the point on one of the most important things about updating a team which is being thorough.

A team update is half-ass when:

1. You don't use this board's search feature to check if the same info had already been posted earlier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjaime View Post
Minessota gets
Natalia Pintusava of Belarus
ITF Junior Combined Ranking of 35 (13 Apr 2009)
Ex. You're just 11 months late about Pintusova.

2. You don't take the time to research which players have left the team to keep the team's scholarship capped at 8.

Any newbie can post all the incoming freshmen from a team roster. But the hard part is accounting for all 8 scholarships and figuring out who left.

Ex. St. Mary's had 1 graduate from last season but gets 3 new players. So 2 (Spitzer & Gunnarsson) must have left.

The hard part is figuring out which scholarship players leave which may take a little time. That's why you never see me updating 15 teams in 1 day. I just do 1 or 2 a day but make sure the team roster update is thorough and complete.

If you want to update a team and do a thorough job by listing all the changes than great. If you're going to do a half-ass job by reposting old info or leaving out the team subtractions than I rather you not do an update.
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 08:04 AM   #578
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
davidjaime in your rush to post as much as you can you entirely miss the point on one of the most important things about updating a team which is being thorough.

A team update is half-ass when:

1. You don't use this board's search feature to check if the same info had already been posted earlier.

Ex. You're just 11 months late about Pintusova.

2. You don't take the time to research which players have left the team to keep the team's scholarship capped at 8.

Any newbie can post all the incoming freshmen from a team roster. But the hard part is accounting for all 8 scholarships and figuring out who left.

Ex. St. Mary's had 1 graduate from last season but gets 3 new players. So 2 (Spitzer & Gunnarsson) must have left.

The hard part is figuring out which scholarship players leave which may take a little time. That's why you never see me updating 15 teams in 1 day. I just do 1 or 2 a day but make sure the team roster update is thorough and complete.

If you want to update a team and do a thorough job by listing all the changes than great. If you're going to do a half-ass job by reposting old info or leaving out the team subtractions than I rather you not do an update.
Spitzer left and Gunnarsson had a bad back injury and had to retire. Fortunately, she got a medical scholarship and is the team manager.

tennisbuddy12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 03:27 PM   #579
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

DavidJamie thanks for the posts. gouci has some great information, but sometimes he can get cranky.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 04:38 PM   #580
country flag its_a_racquet

its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_serve View Post
DavidJamie thanks for the posts. gouci has some great information, but sometimes he can get cranky.

Well said - especially about the 'thanks' for the posts. There isn't one right or wrong way to post information and one person's preference shouldn't drive how everyone else posts. Also, posting here shouldn't be a 'job'..........last time i checked this was a college tennis message board.
its_a_racquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 07:50 PM   #581
country flag davidjaime

Gouci I did know in time about the Minnesota recruit being already posted, but I didnt know where to delete my post.

I just noticed that most universities had updated their athletics page so i wanted to post them here, i didnt know you'd be so bothered.

i tried to find most of the recruits on the itf juniors or on the tennis recruiting network so i would add a bit more information about them, but gosh youre a bit harsh.

almost forgot, youre welcome 2nd serve and its a racquet

Gouci maybe you should go back to posting big west news

Last edited by davidjaime : Sep 17th, 2010 at 08:58 PM.
davidjaime is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 08:54 PM   #582
country flag davidjaime

Florida International University gets

Rita Maisak of Belarus
she had an ITF Junior Combined Ranking of 191 (04 Jun 2007)
she transfered out of South Carolina

Lisa Johnson
she transferred out of Utah where she played #4 singles.
Old Sep 18th, 2010, 05:31 PM   #583
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjaime View Post
Sacramento State gets

Katharina Knoebl of Austria
she had an ITF Junior Combined Ranking of 492 (21 Apr 2008)

Alina Savchuk of Ukraine
she had an ITF Junior Combined Ranking of 482 (05 Jan 2009)

Sophie Lohscheidt of Germany

Gina Zambernardi of Mexico
Savchuk of Ukraine? Possibly the sister of Olga Savchuk, WTA pro?

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2010, 05:43 PM   #584
country flag gouci

Form trying to defame someone by spreading a lie will get your post deleted.

And after your posts start getting deleted you're just 1 step away from getting banned.

9/18/10

205. Pittsburgh gets 4 star Jocelyn Lu.
Old Sep 18th, 2010, 05:44 PM   #585
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Savchuk of Ukraine? Possibly the sister of Olga Savchuk, WTA pro?
Don't think so. Olga's WTA profile says she has one brother, Ivan.
Embittered is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote