2010-11 verbals, high interest & transfers - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 29th, 2009, 05:19 PM   #166
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2010-11 recruiting - verbals & high interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytennis View Post
Something I noticed from the 2011 class is two blue chip players have already committed after being offered scholarships early. Isn't that kind of unusual since a large part of the 2010 class hasn't even committed yet?
Can a coach offer someone in 8th grade a scholarship to get them locked up early? What are the rules on this?
Santamaria and DeSimone?? USC??

They can offer them and verbally commit but nothing is official until November of their senior year where they sign letters of intent.

tennisbuddy12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 31st, 2009, 04:35 AM   #167
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Re: Updates

10/30/09

15. Duke gets verbal from blue chip Rachel Kahan.

44. Princeton gets verbal from 5 star Katherine Flanigan.

85. Kentucky gets verbal from 4 star Caitlin McGraw.

107. Virginia gets verbal from 4 star Marjorie Baker.

Last edited by gouci : Oct 31st, 2009 at 04:50 AM.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2009, 02:44 AM   #168
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

10/31/09

65. Yale gets verbal from 5 star Kim Szokol.

131. DePaul gets verbal from 4 star Kelsey Lawson.

145. James Madison gets verbal from 4 star Jacqueline Palmucci.

Last edited by gouci : Nov 1st, 2009 at 02:54 AM.
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 07:05 AM   #169
country flag gouci

11/2/09

29. Princeton gets verbal from 5 star Brett Ellen Keeler.

76. Penn gets verbal from 4 star Jaime Yapp-Shing.
Old Nov 3rd, 2009, 03:03 PM   #170
country flag gouci

11/3/09

38. Columbia gets verbal from 5 star Bianca Sanon.

72. Purdue gets verbal from 5 star Mara Schmidt.

164. Coastal Carolina gets verbal from 4 star Kourtney Kowal.

172. Johns Hopkins (Div. 3) gets verbal from 4 star Hailey Hogan.
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 03:36 PM   #171
country flag gouci

11/4/09

92. Jordan Brewer drops interest in Cal Poly, Cornell, Dartmouth and Penn.

Last edited by gouci : Nov 4th, 2009 at 07:56 PM.
Old Nov 5th, 2009, 03:18 AM   #172
country flag gouci

11/4/09

1. Christina Mchale improved her WTA ranking from #241 to #204.

2. Nicole Gibbs improved her WTA doubles ranking from #475 to #470.

5. Kaitlyn Christian improved her WTA ranking from #601 to #591.

6. Courtney Dolehide improved her WTA ranking from #475 to #468.

9. Kristie Ahn improved her WTA doubles ranking from #943 to #938.

12. Alina Jerjomina improved her WTA ranking from #837 to #810. She acquired a WTA doubles ranking of #974.

- Shelby Rogers is playing the ITF junior and women's circuit.

- Tara Moore improved her WTA doubles ranking from #556 to #548.

- April Bisharat improved her WTA ranking from #970 to #966.

Last edited by gouci : Nov 5th, 2009 at 04:03 AM.
Old Nov 6th, 2009, 04:34 AM   #173
country flag gouci

11/5/09

45. Santa Clara gets verbal from 5 star Katie Le.

55. Denver gets verbal from 5 star Elena Najera Salas.

56. UC Davis gets verbal from 5 star Megan Heneghan.

139. Amherst (Div. 3) gets verbal from 4 star Jennifer Newman.

191. Colorado State gets verbal from 4 star Kaley Schultz.

Last edited by gouci : Nov 6th, 2009 at 04:55 AM.
Old Nov 9th, 2009, 04:19 AM   #174
country flag gouci

11/8/09

58. Cal Poly gets verbal from 5 star Jennifer Cornea. As 1st reported by 10sFan.

Last edited by gouci : Nov 9th, 2009 at 05:37 AM.
Old Nov 10th, 2009, 12:29 AM   #175

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Alex Cercone will be attending Florida...She will sign on Wednesday...With both her and Janowicz and possibly Capra the next year, they will be a powerhouse...just transfers will come bc Idk if they have spots.

Old Nov 10th, 2009, 01:56 AM   #176
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbuddy12 View Post
Alex Cercone will be attending Florida...She will sign on Wednesday...With both her and Janowicz and possibly Capra the next year, they will be a powerhouse...just transfers will come bc Idk if they have spots.
They will have enough. Boonstra and Revzina are graduating, so they have at least two scholarships up for grabs.

The problem that Florida will have in the future is they will have to recruit players that will value the team more than the individual (i.e. having to play second fiddle to Embree and Will for however long they decide to stay at Florida). There will be some top players that won't want to play No. 3 singles. They might not mind playing No. 3 for a year but for three years, not everyone is up to that.

I can think of only one school that has done it successfully year in and year out: Stanford.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2009, 04:09 AM   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
They will have enough. Boonstra and Revzina are graduating, so they have at least two scholarships up for grabs.

The problem that Florida will have in the future is they will have to recruit players that will value the team more than the individual (i.e. having to play second fiddle to Embree and Will for however long they decide to stay at Florida). There will be some top players that won't want to play No. 3 singles. They might not mind playing No. 3 for a year but for three years, not everyone is up to that.

I can think of only one school that has done it successfully year in and year out: Stanford.
So true but if you have a team that has the potential to do what Stanford did....I wouldnt mind playing 3...

Old Nov 10th, 2009, 02:39 PM   #178
country flag johnnytennis

johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post

Florida never seems have to many that stay the whole four years. They either transfer or turn pro after a year or so. A lot of great individual players but the word "team" might not be used very often down at Florida.
johnnytennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2009, 04:42 PM   #179
country flag gouci

11/10/09

77. Boston gets verbal from 5 star Amelia Martinez.
Old Nov 12th, 2009, 03:45 PM   #180
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytennis View Post
Florida never seems have to many that stay the whole four years. They either transfer or turn pro after a year or so. A lot of great individual players but the word "team" might not be used very often down at Florida.
They had it often when Andy Brandi was there, but not so much under Thornqvist. If he can keep Embree and Will for at least 2 years, they're going to be loaded. I think they're already pretty loaded this year and on paper, at least, could be the team to beat heading into the spring. I've been waiting for them to re-establish themselves as a power and it looks like they're on the way to doing that. They definitely have depth this year, something they've been lacking with all the transfers or players leaving early.
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote