How are you at tennis? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 15th, 2008, 12:24 AM   #31
country flag mirzalover

mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How are you at tennis?

^^^I've been there with the used to be good but now I suck LOL.
mirzalover is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 15th, 2008, 12:43 AM   #32
country flag hankqq

hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute

OK so I don't play matches and I prefer to just play points/rallies for the workout. I often hit with some of my friends who are/were on the college/university teams.

Since I don't really play matches, I don't really practice my serve too often, so it's not good I have a good overhead though.

I am a righty and I play with a 2-handed backhand.

My 2 best shots are my backhand down the line, and my cross court forehand, though I can hit a crosscourt backhand a down the line forehand well too.

When I began playing tennis 10 years ago, I had just recovered from a broken forearm , so I never attempted to hit a 1-handed backhand volley out of fear. My 2-handed backhand volley is effective though , and I can do the classic 1 handed volley on the forehand side well.

I move well, and my style of play is to hit aggressively from the baseline with a few forays up to the net and turn defense into offense, with some change ups. I can hit the ball hard, especially on my 2 best shots, but I'm not the most powerful player out there and I change my strategy depending on who my opponent is. I can hit my forehand either flat or with heavy topspin but my backhand is usually very flat. I can moonball and lob on both sides, but I only slice or drop shot on my backhand side (on both shots I use 2 hands too).
hankqq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2008, 12:57 AM   #33
country flag égalité

égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute

I tend to ball-bash horribly when I play singles, so I like playing doubles more even though my volleys leave something to be desired.

Basically I'm fast and move the ball around well, but then I get bored with that strategy and go for a stupid winner and miss most of the time.

Now in PING PONG, I move the ball around well, but with enough power and spin so that the ball doesn't sit up (something I can't do in tennis ) and I can hit a winner from pretty much any position. I construct points really well, too. I should just give up tennis and focus on mini-tennis
Bitttchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh You Better Pay It Honey! The Devil Is A Liar!!!!! Bitches Get Interviews And Shit? Where They Do That At Honey? Girls Are Late Honey!!!! The Queen Needs To Get Into It Honey Cause The Girls Is Late Out Here! Yes Honey Im Throwing Epic Shade!

Management!
égalité is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2008, 01:23 AM   #34
country flag Mattographer
TF's Resident Photographer

Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute

I'm more of a doubles player I was in final of doubles events few times and won some of them. I only had been to final in singles once

My mental strength, definitely, is my weakness. I'm told that I'm a male version of Lindsay Davenport My attitude and body language is so negative even if I'm winning

This is my signature. Pretty neat, isn't it?
Mattographer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2008, 01:24 AM   #35
country flag Apoleb

Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute

Strengths:

- Forehand: Can hit a lot of winners with it.
- Net play: I love the net.
- Backhand: still inconsistent, but when I get it right, it's beautiful. (so humble). And of course it's one handed.

Weaknesses:

- I still can't serve. Though I'm planning to take some official tennis lessons and finally learn to serve.

---

Oh, and I rock at ping pong. I have a huge forehand. I hit winners with it from everywhere. The bh is my clear weakness. Sometimes it can hold, sometimes it doesn''t.
Apoleb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2008, 02:26 AM   #36
country flag Dominic

Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really good. I'm basically a power player. My forahand is always huuuge and I pretty much always attack with it. It's also quite accurate and very deep. It's my major weapon. My backhand is not as good. I don't make many errors with it but it's not as powerful. I can still attack with it and it's also very deep but I almost never hit down the line so it's kind of predictable. I'm also very fast around the court. Probably faster than anyone I've ever seen play. I can also hit some ok drop shots and good lobs. My slices are aweful though. My volleys are aweful except my dropvolleys which can be good sometimes. And I always had trouble with my serve mostly because I never practice it and I hate that part of the game lol. So I dont really go for a big serve I just place it deep with some topspin or slice. It doesnt give me many free points but it's not that attackable either. All in all I thing I'm better than maybe 98% of ppl that play tennis and Id really love to play more seriously and maybe even small tournaments that have small price money but I'm not sure how to get into that and I think I would actually have to pay money to get started.
Dominic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2008, 03:10 AM   #37
country flag mirzalover

mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute

^^Ah your probably not better than me so your little dream of playing small tournaments needs to die ok.
Old Oct 15th, 2008, 03:13 AM   #38
country flag Dominic

Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirzalover View Post
^^Ah your probably not better than me so your little dream of playing small tournaments needs to die ok.
okok but I'm probably better than you.
Dominic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2008, 03:16 AM   #39
country flag mirzalover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDokic! View Post
okok but I'm probably better than you.
Then come play me then Mr. 98% Come down here to North Carolina and lets see how that forehand is!
Old Oct 15th, 2008, 08:27 AM   #40
country flag Mikey.
Set me free, leave me be.

Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFifthAvocado View Post
I play two hands on both sides in ping pong, it's really amaze.
I use a 2 handed backhand in ping pong. It is amaze I agree
Mikey. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2008, 08:32 AM   #41
country flag Mikey.
Set me free, leave me be.

Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute

I'm basically a Davenport type player. Tall, big serve, hard stokes hit quite flat and I'm totally slow. Although I can do some decent defence when its a good day.

I prefer my 2 handed backhand to my forehand. I find it hard to hit a flat and penetrating forehand for the majority of a match. It tends to get a little short and loopy when I get nervous or a little tired. (I'm a pretty big choker though so I get nervous quite often. )

My favourite shot would probably have to be my backhand topspin lob or my backhand moonball.

Last match I played was against one of my friends just for fun. I won 6-3 5-7 6-4 although I was up 4-2 in the 2nd set and 4-0 in the 3rd set

I also played a doubles match with that same friend just the other week, against some other friends, and we lost 6-4 6-7 2-6

Last edited by Mikey. : Oct 15th, 2008 at 08:37 AM.
Mikey. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2008, 09:16 AM   #42
country flag youizahoe
12 and countin'

youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shap_half View Post
I'm 5'6'' (which I guess isn't an excuse any more because of Justine), but I really don't enjoy serving. Like literally my serve is tapping the ball into the service box. That's just what I do. It's awful, and my groundstrokes are pretty inconsistent. I can rally for 10 shots hitting pretty decently and then out of nowhere I'm overhitting, mishitting, or just hitting into the net. I don't know what it is. I think I need to get a racquet with a smaller stick, because sometimes the racquet twists when I'm hitting forehands or when I'm doing backhand volleys with one-hand. Is that the correct diagnosis? Get a racquet with a smaller stick?
Between the grip and your hand surrounding it, there may maximum be 1finger left in space. If your grip is too big, you can't fully hit hard.

Although I've been hitting very hard shots with a bigger grip and holding it with 3 fingers

But tell me, do you jump while serving, do you use a fast-mod-slow swing? Is it a long-med-short swing? Tell me and I can help you further.
youizahoe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2008, 09:21 AM   #43
country flag youizahoe
12 and countin'

youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFifthAvocado View Post
Oh my, I don't think I've ever hit a serve over 100.

I have an eastern forehand grip but I hit the ball way out in front of me so I get wicked topspin, sort of like Fed, just not as good obviously. My backhand is really flat so the combination of those two strokes is pretty odd. My serve is decent, I have an incredibly high toss and decent power, but incredibly poor direction on it. My only variety is drop shots and my volleys absolutely suck. My weakness is movement, footwork, and mentality. My most recent match went from 6-0 4-2 to 6-0 4-6 0-3 until I won 7-5 in the third. I use a Babolat Pure Drive Cortex. All in all, I could be a half decent player if I practiced more.
Direction you can change by pulling your racquet in the direction you want to hit, it's orthodox, but it helps you to create angles, and after a while, you will do it automatically. But don't make it a habbit.

If I was near you, I'd help you with angles, cause it's really easy when you figured it out ^^
youizahoe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2008, 12:06 PM   #44
country flag shap_half

shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MЯ iGlenn™ View Post
Between the grip and your hand surrounding it, there may maximum be 1finger left in space. If your grip is too big, you can't fully hit hard.

Although I've been hitting very hard shots with a bigger grip and holding it with 3 fingers

But tell me, do you jump while serving, do you use a fast-mod-slow swing? Is it a long-med-short swing? Tell me and I can help you further.
I don't jump when I'm serving. I'm not kidding when I say, I stand there and I tap the ball over the net and into the service box. It's probably going at like 4 miles an hour. Because I don't really play for real, I never have to worry about my serve. I usually just rally with my friends so my groundstrokes get the work out. But when I do play a set or something I get totally creamed on serve. If I weren't a decent runner (I will seriously try to run everything down) I'd probably lose every point on my service games.

I haven't gone back to my racquet yet to check out my grip, but I do think that might be the ultimate source of the problem as far as inconsistent groundstrokes and volleying for me. I usually get completely fucked when some is able to get an ok passing shot because my racquet will twist once I get a hand on that ball. The same thing happens if I have to return a pretty speedy serve or groundstroke with one hand.
shap_half is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2008, 05:55 AM   #45
country flag Buitenzorg

Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute

I am All Around type of player

strongest: forehand, volley, speed and 2nd serve

weakness: backhand, sometimes my 1st serve, but I am working on it!

I have won Bronze Medal from Mixed Doubles Competition when I was at Uni 4 years ago

Since then I have never go and playing real comp, but I am over 30 now and I am eligible for 2009 Sydney Masters Games at Olympic Park

I have 1 year to train and practice for this event!
Buitenzorg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote