Europe/Africa Zone 1 (2009) - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 23rd, 2008, 09:00 PM   #31
country flag Hakapeszi

Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future
Re: Europe/Africa Zone 1 (2009)

Rumor about Estonian team members

Kaia Kanepi
Maret Ani
Margit Rüütel
Anett Schütting

Captain Rene Busch

and it's official Szavay leads the Hungarian team.

So it seems, actual No 27 and No 28 will play.

"Fine words." Tyrion was unimpressed. "Words are wind. Who is this bloody savior?"
"A dragon." The cheesemonger saw the look on his face at that, and laughed. "A dragon with three heads."
Hakapeszi is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 24th, 2008, 03:10 AM   #32
country flag slavicpower

slavicpower has much to be proud of slavicpower has much to be proud of slavicpower has much to be proud of slavicpower has much to be proud of slavicpower has much to be proud of slavicpower has much to be proud of slavicpower has much to be proud of slavicpower has much to be proud of slavicpower has much to be proud of slavicpower has much to be proud of slavicpower has much to be proud of

Romania
slavicpower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2008, 02:45 PM   #33
country flag Hakapeszi

Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future

Any news about ticket price?

Is there homepage, like last(at the moment this) year was (http://www.mtsztenisz.hu/fedcup) ?

"Fine words." Tyrion was unimpressed. "Words are wind. Who is this bloody savior?"
"A dragon." The cheesemonger saw the look on his face at that, and laughed. "A dragon with three heads."
Hakapeszi is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2008, 05:26 PM   #34
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Moon View Post
For GB I would have chosen

Anne Keothavong
Melanie South
Georgie Stoop
Sarah Borwell
so would i, but elena is ranked higher and thats what nigel sears does alot
Old Dec 30th, 2008, 05:44 PM   #35
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeG6120 View Post
To be fair Bally also does have a great fed cup record, it depends if you want to go with youth (Georgie) or experience (elena). Personally i struggle to choose between them.
Old Dec 31st, 2008, 07:54 PM   #36
country flag jake270392

jake270392 is a splendid one to behold jake270392 is a splendid one to behold jake270392 is a splendid one to behold jake270392 is a splendid one to behold jake270392 is a splendid one to behold jake270392 is a splendid one to behold jake270392 is a splendid one to behold jake270392 is a splendid one to behold jake270392 is a splendid one to behold jake270392 is a splendid one to behold jake270392 is a splendid one to behold

yes i agree, for a long time i believe elena baltacha was the best brit and was better than anne.
but anne is the one who has made a breakthrough and elena is struggling, i think she is a better singles player that mel south though.
personally mel south would be a very good doubles player if she chose to play doubles on the tour, she has the skills for doubles and doesnt have the stamina and physic for singles unless she works hard. still she is agood singles and hopefully she can break the top 100 and prove me wrong.
jake270392 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2009, 01:13 AM   #37
country flag jamatthews

jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeG6120 View Post
No he doesn't. He didn't even pick the #1 last year initially.
Old Jan 1st, 2009, 04:31 PM   #38
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamatthews View Post
No he doesn't. He didn't even pick the #1 last year initially.
i thought katie didnt want to play until naomi pulled out
Old Jan 1st, 2009, 04:33 PM   #39
country flag Joe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake270392 View Post
yes i agree, for a long time i believe elena baltacha was the best brit and was better than anne.
but anne is the one who has made a breakthrough and elena is struggling, i think she is a better singles player that mel south though.
personally mel south would be a very good doubles player if she chose to play doubles on the tour, she has the skills for doubles and doesnt have the stamina and physic for singles unless she works hard. still she is agood singles and hopefully she can break the top 100 and prove me wrong.
she is definetely gonna prove u wrong but i agree she is not as fit as she could be and she is a great doubles player
Old Jan 1st, 2009, 05:30 PM   #40
country flag jake270392

jake270392 is a splendid one to behold jake270392 is a splendid one to behold jake270392 is a splendid one to behold jake270392 is a splendid one to behold jake270392 is a splendid one to behold jake270392 is a splendid one to behold jake270392 is a splendid one to behold jake270392 is a splendid one to behold jake270392 is a splendid one to behold jake270392 is a splendid one to behold jake270392 is a splendid one to behold

I hope she does prove me wrong and can score some big wins as there are good players playing this year. So we will wait to see!
jake270392 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 12:15 PM   #41
country flag ViennaCalling
Team WTAworld
Lounge Owner

ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute

Sybille won´t play

Tamira PASZEK
Na LI - Francesca SCHIAVONE - Roberta VINCI
Tamira's backhand, Roby's slice, Galina's dropshot

ViennaCalling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 12:17 PM   #42
country flag joe87

joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViennaCalling View Post
Sybille won´t play
She's going a bit bitchy.
Suicide Tennis: Rank: #22 Highest: #2
Titles: 2007 Bad Gastein, 2008 US Open, 2009 Sydney, Miami, YEC Doha 2010 Dubai, Budapest, Prague 2011 Brussels 2013 Strasbourg
Tennis Tipping: Rank: #33 Highest: #1 Doubles: Rank: #41 Highest: #1
Titles S: 2009 ITF Dubai 2010 Bad Gastein, Tashkent 2011 Sydney, ITF Nassau, ITF Alphen, Seoul 2012 ITF Civitavecchia, Wimbledon, Carlsbad
Titles D: 2009 5x ITF 2010 Fes, Rome, Tokyo, YEC Doha 2011 ITF Monzon, Baku, Seoul 2012 Paris, Taipei, ITF Pune 2013 4x ITF, Charleston, Nürnberg 2014 ITF Alphen, Tashkent
joe87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 12:27 PM   #43
country flag Adrian.
Let's have a kiki!

Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViennaCalling View Post
Sybille won´t play
Why?

Adrian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 04:46 PM   #44
country flag Elwin.
-

Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute

The dutch fed cup team has been selected.
Krajicek won't play cause she gives priority to improve her ranking.

Arantxa Rus
Nicole Thijssen
Pauline Wong
Michelle Gerards

will play
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 06:13 PM   #45
country flag Kristoffer

Kristoffer is just really nice Kristoffer is just really nice Kristoffer is just really nice Kristoffer is just really nice Kristoffer is just really nice Kristoffer is just really nice Kristoffer is just really nice Kristoffer is just really nice Kristoffer is just really nice Kristoffer is just really nice Kristoffer is just really nice

Hungarian team is official:

Ágnes Szávay (25)
Gréta Arn (157)
Katalin Marosi (205)
Zsófia Susányi (unranked/junior 45)

IMO: It could have been better. I feel sorry that Czink doesn't want to take part, and i also miss Kapros....and i'd have chosen someone else instead of Susányi (for example Filipovski or Jani-Réka)...Or even Kyra Nagy (probably she would have accepted it even if she has just retired), she could work well in doubles. But whatever, this team is also great...
Kristoffer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote