Lindsay's US OPEN 2002. - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 02:21 PM   #1
country flag Greenout

Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute
Lindsay's US OPEN 2002.

It's kind of weird; they gave LD the 4th seed.
I'm a huge LD fan;but I think it's a little too
generous to be seeded 4th.

I kind of get the feeling that our Lindsay will
at least make it to the Semi finals this year.
I still think she's feeling her way back to
top notch competitive form; so I can't really
see her winning the US OPEN this year.
Off course, not that I would mind .

What do you guys think?

I see LD doing the business on the indoor
circuit, and taking the WTA Championships
Los Angeles 2002, and the Aussie Open 2003.
Greenout is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 02:41 PM   #2
country flag Lindsayfan

Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all
i think it's right seeding Lindsay n.4 cos players between n.5 and n.10 arent consistent as Lindsay used to be before she got injured.dokic plays too much and she is n.4 only cos others play less,seles is injured,clijsters is half-injured,henin is just inconsistent,hingis-see seles,mauresmo found a good result after a year of slump so...why all these girls should be seeded before than lindsay?anyway that's how protected ranking works and i think it's right!

GO GO LINDSAY GO GO GO!!!!
Lindsay will reach semifinal for sure if she plays a good tennis,then she'll get one of sisters and...we'll see what happen!
Lindsayfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2002, 02:48 PM   #3
country flag Greenout

Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute
I can see your point about the seeding. From the looks
of the Cali hardcourt season LD can still beat the current
5, 6, and 7 players, and she's more likely to actually be
in the semi final than those players too.

"I hung onto tennis. I have done so for the past 20 years.
It is something that is in me, it is me." - JH
Old Aug 21st, 2002, 04:04 PM   #4
country flag Jan

Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all
I think her seeding is about right given her previous form (she was number 1 in the world when she pulled out injured). Her form has been pretty good on 9 month lapse from the game. so yeah, I think its okay too. I would like her to win it but I think it might just be a little too early in her comeback, but she hopefully will make the semis, but if she did win wouldn't it just be great!

Good Luck to Heather Watson, Laura Robson, Kaia Kanepi
Jan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 12:38 AM   #5
country flag joaco

joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold
I must admitt the first time I saw it I was a little surprised, but then I realized that Lindsay had earned and due to her unique situation she was in the right place seeded 4th.

As Vale explained, Lindsay is more consistent and probably is playing at a higher level.

The only thing I want from this Open is to see Lindsay win some matches and maybe.... BEAT VENUS or SERENAA!!!!!!!!!

Go LINDSAY!!!!

Joaco
joaco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 12:42 AM   #6
country flag Greenout

What do you guys think of the draw?

It looks to be a LD vs Williams, and
Jenn vs Williams SF, if everyone holds onto
their part of the bargin. Imagine this SF...
it could be the highest rated SF in US Open
in CBS network history.

"I hung onto tennis. I have done so for the past 20 years.
It is something that is in me, it is me." - JH
Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 04:28 AM   #7
Leo7

Leo7 is an unknown quantity at this point
i like her quarter of the draw. she has Silvia Farina Elia in the 16's, then Dokic in the Quarters. and neither are really a threat to her. in the Semis she could face Serena/Justine/Hantuchova which should be a tough match. Serena may be a bit rusty tho, cos she has only played one tournament since Wimby, and she lost in the Quarterfinals.

Best of Luck To: Mary Pierce, Justine Henin, Monica Seles, Chanda Rubin, Kim Clijsters, Dinara Safina, Vera Zvonareva, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Tommy Haas, and Pat Rafter!
Leo7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 04:29 AM   #8
Leo7

LINDSAY

Best of Luck To: Mary Pierce, Justine Henin, Monica Seles, Chanda Rubin, Kim Clijsters, Dinara Safina, Vera Zvonareva, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Tommy Haas, and Pat Rafter!
Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 09:28 AM   #9
country flag Lindsayfan

Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all
i think her draw is great,the best i could dream!!!she has only to beat Dokic (and u know head-to-head are 7-0 for Lindsay) and then she'll play Serena.u cant escape from one of 2 sisters,but maybe Lindsay could beat Serena and Jennifer Venus...u never know...at least we can dream of!

GO GO LINDSAY BABY!!! I LOVE U SO MUCH!
Lindsayfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 11:38 AM   #10
country flag Jan

Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all
Lindsayfan, Greenout and Leo, I am so excited with Lindsay's draw. Like Val I like her quarter and I reckon with thinngs going her way she could beat Serena. Oh I do hope so.

Can't wait for it to start
Cheers
Good Luck to Heather Watson, Laura Robson, Kaia Kanepi
Jan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2002, 06:22 AM   #11
country flag Greenout

I'm feeling excited about...

the start of the US OPEN. Lindsay's on right
after Justine- on Center Court- so I can't see
them screwing the telecast too much with a
Men's match.

I'm really looking forward to this. There were
no summer hardcourt matches televised here
in Singapore yet.

Go Lindsay.
Old Aug 26th, 2002, 10:05 AM   #12
gossipcom

gossipcom is just really nice gossipcom is just really nice gossipcom is just really nice gossipcom is just really nice gossipcom is just really nice gossipcom is just really nice gossipcom is just really nice gossipcom is just really nice gossipcom is just really nice gossipcom is just really nice gossipcom is just really nice
I'm really kicking myself right now - they interviewed Lindsay on World Sport here in Australia and of course I missed it coming in right at the end <g>

They repeat it tomorrow so if my vcr cooperates with me tomorrow I'll be able to get some caps and also transcript of the interview - the 2 secs I saw looked great
Old Aug 26th, 2002, 06:17 PM   #13
Leo7

Lindsay def. Dryberg 6-2, 6-1

Match Summary:

Davenport(USA) Dyrberg(DEN)

1st Serve % 24 of 36 = 67 % 21 of 43 = 49 %

Aces 3 0

Double Faults 3 5

Unforced Errors 16 13

Winning % on 1st Serve 21 of 24 = 88 % 14 of 21 = 67 %

Winning % on 2nd Serve 7 of 12 = 58 % 5 of 22 = 23 %

Winners (Including Service) 23 7

Break Point Conversions 5 of 6 = 83 % 0 of 0 = 0 %

Net Approaches 4 of 5 = 80 % 4 of 9 = 44 %

Total Points Won 52 27

Fastest Serve 105 MPH 104 MPH

Average 1st Serve Speed 94 MPH 97 MPH

Average 2nd Serve Speed 79 MPH 81 MPH

nice serving from Lindsay, she didn't even face one break point against her! 1 match down, 6 to go...

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 06:56 PM   #14
country flag Kelly

Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of
GOOOOOOOO LINDSSAAAAAYYYYY!!!

TOWER OF POWER 2006

Kelly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2002, 07:24 PM   #15
Leo7

Davenport Dominates Dyrberg
by Jamie Gross
Monday, August 26, 2002

No. 4 seed Lindsay Davenport cruised through her first-round match against Eva Dyrberg, defeating the 22-year-old from Denmark, 6-2, 6-1, in just 41 minutes. Davenport, meeting Dyrberg for the first time in her career, converted two-of-two possible break points to capture the first set in 20 minutes. In set two, the 26-year-old forced two early breaks to take a 4-0 lead before going on to win the match, 6-2, 6-1.

Davenport, who is playing in just her fifth Tour event this year, almost doubled Dyrberg's total points won in the match (52 for Davenport, 27 for Dyrberg). She will next take on the winner of the Petra Mandula-Miria Oremans match.