Mona Barthel - Page 332 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 07:06 PM   #4966
country flag tennisfreak13

tennisfreak13 is a splendid one to behold tennisfreak13 is a splendid one to behold tennisfreak13 is a splendid one to behold tennisfreak13 is a splendid one to behold tennisfreak13 is a splendid one to behold tennisfreak13 is a splendid one to behold tennisfreak13 is a splendid one to behold tennisfreak13 is a splendid one to behold tennisfreak13 is a splendid one to behold tennisfreak13 is a splendid one to behold tennisfreak13 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Mona Barthel

Its all about Mona, not the other players.
tennisfreak13 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 08:12 PM   #4967
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfreak13 View Post
Its all about Mona, not the other players.
Mona was talking about other players in the interview - I was merely commenting on it.
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 08:20 PM   #4968

tennisfreak13 is a splendid one to behold tennisfreak13 is a splendid one to behold tennisfreak13 is a splendid one to behold tennisfreak13 is a splendid one to behold tennisfreak13 is a splendid one to behold tennisfreak13 is a splendid one to behold tennisfreak13 is a splendid one to behold tennisfreak13 is a splendid one to behold tennisfreak13 is a splendid one to behold tennisfreak13 is a splendid one to behold tennisfreak13 is a splendid one to behold

I'm have the same opinion as you.
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 08:41 PM   #4969
Setsuna.
GOATlychenkova.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyhorse View Post
Mona was talking about other players in the interview - I was merely commenting on it.
He actually agrees with your point. You misunderstood him.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Pavly Halep
Slava Shvedova Belinda Bencic Genie Bouchard Garbine Muguruza Annika Beck
Bojana Jovanovski Ons Jabeur Sabine Lisicki Petra Martic Aravane Razai Stefanie Voegele
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 08:52 PM   #4970
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisagi. View Post
She should improve at the net though. She missed a very easy volley in the last game.
I don't think she can improve a lot her net-play, but at least she should improve a swing-volley
Hartson is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 08:55 PM   #4971

Monas mögliche nächste Gegnerinnen sind ja auch mal interessant. Gegen Scheepers, Flipkens, Jovanovski, dazu noch Davis und Vesnina hat sie die letzte Begegnung jeweils verloren. Babos war auch nen ganz knappes Ding im Tie Break des dritten Satzes, dass sie dann ja noch gewonnen hat.

Das ist sowas wie das Kabinett des Grauens der zweiten Jahreshälfte 2012. Teilweise waren das die richtig deutlichen Klatschen. Von daher um so wichtiger das sie hier noch ein paar Runden übersteht.
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 09:24 PM   #4972
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
And hopefully her rise will awaken the interest of a very good coach to join her. There is so much potential in her game that could be lifted with the help of an experienced expert. Some of her effortless ballstriking in the last two sets today was just out of this world. I also have the impression that she improved her forehand during the offseason.

But consistency will be the key if she wants to join the TOP 15 this year and she has to start winning the tight battles. And i think in order to attain this goal she needs a helping hand during the whole season.
I agree with you everything you said, esspecially with the marked parts.
There will be ups and downs for sure also in this season.
But I wish she could at least spare herself and us such a hard time which she had in the second half of the last one.
joy division is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 09:55 PM   #4973
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartson View Post
I don't think she can improve a lot her net-play, but at least she should improve a swing-volley
As i mentioned above, from a technical standpoint her volleys (especially her forehand volley) are quite good because of her very stable arm position. The problem is that until now she has a lack of determination when she moves to the net and with a shaky net position its hard to play solid volleys. I think by time and with rising confidence she will improve on this issue and in 2014 we will see Mona as a good net player.
Tecumseh is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 10:32 PM   #4974
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
I agree with you everything you said, esspecially with the marked parts.
There will be ups and downs for sure also in this season.
But I wish she could at least spare herself and us such a hard time which she had in the second half of the last one.
So true! Between May and October last year we had very much to suffer but i never stopped believing in this wonderful talent. I think after all those matches -remember she still had to play all the qualis at the beginning of the year- she became tired and maybe she crumbled a bit because of the rising expectations. Maybe she should have taken an off-time somewhere in the middle of the season to recreate some energies and to have some practise time with her homecoach. The latter she should take into consideration for this year because she needs someone who controls her technique from time to time. But maybe she will travel again with her tourcoach Alexander Flock during the european season.

I anyway think she will be a bit more stable during the course of the year and the average of her performance will also be higher in my opinion. So if she aims at the TOP 15 this year its a realistic and also challenging goal for her.
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 04:43 AM   #4975
Setsuna.
GOATlychenkova.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Ash Barty ‏@ashbar96
Tough one last night. I am really happy with the way that I played but Mona was on fire! Sometimes you have to take your hat off. Too good

Bojana Jovanovski Ons Jabeur Sabine Lisicki Petra Martic Aravane Razai Stefanie Voegele
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 06:04 AM   #4976
Setsuna.
GOATlychenkova.

Quote:
HOBART
8.1.: I am happy to win my first match in Hobart this year. We had a really late start in the night and Ashleigh started quite well. But I could improve my game in the second and third set. I want to say thanks to the spectators, who waited so long to see our match, it was really cold during the night. Today I have to face Chanelle Scheepers.
Good luck Mona.

Old Jan 8th, 2013, 06:21 AM   #4977
country flag Tecumseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisagi. View Post
Ash Barty ‏@ashbar96
Tough one last night. I am really happy with the way that I played but Mona was on fire! Sometimes you have to take your hat off. Too good
Ashleigh seems to be a nice girl with a lot of talent. And she is right about Mona being on fire. She is just unplayable when she is on.
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 07:07 AM   #4978
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Mona time! Auf gehts gurl!
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 07:17 AM   #4979
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

This funny commentator talking about her forehand as her biggest weapon.
joy division is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 07:18 AM   #4980
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Ace, unforced error, unforced error, winner, service winner, service winner. Scheepers apparently also present at the match.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread