Mona Barthel - Page 331 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 03:54 PM   #4951
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mona Barthel

I already downloaded the match and watched the 2nd and 3rd set again. That point at 40-40 in the last game was the point of the match. Loved her reaction.

She should improve at the net though. She missed a very easy volley in the last game.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner
Setsuna. is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 04:05 PM   #4952
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Another night match for Mona. Good. At least it's the 1st night match this time so we don't have to wait 2/3 hours pushfest between Halep and Sloane to finish.

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 05:48 PM   #4953
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 05:49 PM   #4954
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 05:50 PM   #4955
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/te...-1226548170304

It seems Mona is quite optimistic with regard to the new season and her future prospects.
Tecumseh is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 05:50 PM   #4956
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

Love this pic.

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 05:57 PM   #4957
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/te...-1226548170304

It seems Mona is quite optimistic with regard to the new season and her future prospects.
Thanks.

Quote:
LAST year's Hobart International sensation Mona Barthel will not be weighed down under the pressure of expectation as she prepares to defend her history-making title.

The German rewrote the record books by becoming the first player to claim the event, coming through qualifying, winning eight straight matches and dismantling top seed Yanina Wickmayer in the final.

It capped a remarkable week for the 22-year-old, who eventually finished 2012 inside the top 40 best players in the world for the first time.

Now as she prepares to protect her maiden WTA trophy, the rising star is unfazed by the possibility that opposition players will have worked her game out.

"Not at all. I think I proved a lot over the off-season. I worked on a lot of things and I think I can see it already this week (in Auckland).

"I made the semi-finals and played some really good tennis. I know I can play with the top players and I feel like I can still improve my ranking and my game.

"I'm just looking forward to a new season. I'm just trying to improve my game and show it in the matches.

"Of course I'm looking forward to coming back. It is something special to win your first WTA tournament but I don't feel any pressure.

"Maybe I can defend my title, maybe not, you never know. There are a lot of good players so I'm just trying to play match by match."

From Hobart, Barthel reached the third round of the Australian Open and continued to impress through the first half of the season.

But she admits the middle stages of the year proved a struggle due to her high volume workload.

"I think I played really good in the first half of the season and a lot of good tournaments week by week, I had a lot of success.

"In the middle I think I was a little bit tired from all the matches I had before.

"In Hobart I had to qualify so a lot of matches, a lot of new things for me.

"But at the end of the year I again played some good tennis and had some good matches against the top players."

Barthel's enjoyment of the Australian-New Zealand swing has rolled into a new campaign, where she reached the semi-finals of the ASB Classic in Auckland this week.

Having not dropped a set on route to the last four Barthel went down to Wickmayer, who exacted some revenge from the Hobart final.

Rather than get downbeat by the loss, the world No.th39 remains confident her game is not far away from mixing it with the top players in the planet and cracking into the top 15.

"I'm really happy with how I played this week and looking forward to continuing that.

"(Last year) I had really good matches against the top players like (Victoria) Azarenka and [Agniezska] Radwanska. I was really close to beating them but there is still a little bit missing.

"Some experience and a little bit here and there so I feel like the more I play, the more matches I have against the top players, they are helping me to reach my goal.

"Whether it happens this year or next year, we will see but I feel like I can be (in the top 15) in the future."

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 06:09 PM   #4958
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

^ Top 15? That's a reasonable goal for 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisagi. View Post
Love this pic.
Pity that the Azarenka jersey covers her home made outfit

Last edited by Raiden : Jan 7th, 2013 at 06:24 PM.
Raiden is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 06:12 PM   #4959
country flag tennisfreak13

tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Pity that damn Azarenka jersey covers her home made dress
This is a Denise Cronwall skirt. The white/blue/red one was the home made.
tennisfreak13 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 06:15 PM   #4960
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

^Oh this?

Last edited by Raiden : Jan 7th, 2013 at 06:23 PM.
Raiden is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 06:21 PM   #4961
country flag tennisfreak13

tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of

Yes and sewed it herself. But this Denise Cronwall fashion is more expensive, than everything you can buy at for example TennisPoint. Premium player has to wear premium fashion, and not s.th. like what Angie has to wear.
tennisfreak13 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 06:31 PM   #4962
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Mona`s showing a lot of confidence in the interview ( more than ever before).
Top 15 is her goal for the season. She has the game for it, no doubt.
Hopefully she can live up to her own expectations.
Would be nice for us, too.
joy division is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 06:56 PM   #4963
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
Mona`s showing a lot of confidence in the interview ( more than ever before).
Top 15 is her goal for the season. She has the game for it, no doubt.
Hopefully she can live up to her own expectations.
Would be nice for us, too.
And hopefully her rise will awaken the interest of a very good coach to join her. There is so much potential in her game that could be lifted with the help of an experienced expert. Some of her effortless ballstriking in the last two sets today was just out of this world. I also have the impression that she improved her forehand during the offseason.

But consistency will be the key if she wants to join the TOP 15 this year and she has to start winning the tight battles. And i think in order to attain this goal she needs a helping hand during the whole season.
Tecumseh is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 06:56 PM   #4964
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

Love her confidence.
heavyhorse is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 07:01 PM   #4965
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

Also I don't think she has much to worry about other players finding out her game because I think once Mona is in her best form - whether you know her game or not - it's hard to beat her.
heavyhorse is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread