Mona Barthel - Page 309 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Dec 25th, 2012, 09:21 AM   #4621
country flag deliverance.

deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future
Re: Mona Barthel

23.12.: Meine Vorbereitungen für das Jahr 2013 gehen jetzt dem Ende entgegen. Die Koffer für Australien sind gepackt. Ich wünsche Euch allen ein frohes Weihnachtsfest.

Advertisement

Old Dec 25th, 2012, 01:15 PM   #4622
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Can't wait to see her in Auckland.

Chakvetadze Barthel Pavlyuchenkova Kerber Halep Shvedova Bencic
Setsuna. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 25th, 2012, 01:41 PM   #4623
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Merry Christmas to you all!

I hope Mona will be able to stabilize her game in 2013. I dont expect too much because somehow i have a feeling that 2014 might be her year.

By the way, does anyone know how she prepared for the new season? With her homecoach Maik Schürbesmann?

Anyway, i am looking forward to see her again.
Tecumseh is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 25th, 2012, 02:02 PM   #4624
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
Hi, i am new here on this forum.

I was watching Mona's style of play closely when she played against Mayr-Achleitner in the german league. It was for me plain to see that she uses a semi-western grip on her forehand which normally should allow her to make good defensive shots. So i dont think that her grip is the problem, maybe her lack of flexibilty in her wrist. She doesnt have the kind of wrist acceleration like Kerber has, especially when it comes to defense. I also think she looses some of her determination when she gets under pressure. Then she often starts slicing on her forehand what makes no sense to me. But i am sure she will improve over the next two years on her little weaknesses.

On the whole i would describe Mona as a pure natural swinger who can hit huge with effortless ease. When she is on she is always able to give her shots the right speed to make a winner. I have never seen so much talent in a female tennis player. Its really absurd!

But will she be successful (in terms of winning slams)? If she can build up the kind of determination and mental strength like Kerber has then clearly yes. But if she doesnt improve her mental abilities (maybe with the help of an experienced professional coach) she could become a tragic underachiever. In any case i will always admire her talent and enjoy watching her matches.
I forgot to welcome you. Sorry. Is Mona your 1st favorite player now? Good to see another Mona fan here.

I agree with you by the way. Great post. She obviously has a massive talent. Easily the most talented German on the tour. She can do anything with the tennis ball and she does that effortlessly. Probably some will laugh at me for saying this but I believe she is as talented as Kvitova or at least she is close to Petra in terms of raw talent.

I don't expect from her to win slams or become top 5 player to be honest but I hope she will have a great/good career with no major injuries. Mona is probably the best thing happened to womens tennis since 2011/2012. For me at least.

Old Dec 25th, 2012, 02:09 PM   #4625
Setsuna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0barthel. View Post
23.12.: Meine Vorbereitungen für das Jahr 2013 gehen jetzt dem Ende entgegen. Die Koffer für Australien sind gepackt. Ich wünsche Euch allen ein frohes Weihnachtsfest.

Thanks. For ppl who don't speak German:

Quote:
23.12.: I am now finishing my preparation for Australia, the suitcases are packed. I wish you all a merry christmas.

Old Dec 25th, 2012, 02:44 PM   #4626
country flag deliverance.

deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisagi. View Post
Probably some will laugh at me for saying this but I believe she is as talented as Kvitova or at least she is close to Petra in terms of raw talent.
It's true There is only thing that Kvitova is bigger than her now - it is coach. I'm waiting only for travelling coach and stabilize her mentality.
Old Dec 25th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #4627
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisagi. View Post
I forgot to welcome you. Sorry. Is Mona your 1st favorite player now? Good to see another Mona fan here.

I agree with you by the way. Great post. She obviously has a massive talent. Easily the most talented German on the tour. She can do anything with the tennis ball and she does that effortlessly. Probably some will laugh at me for saying this but I believe she is as talented as Kvitova or at least she is close to Petra in terms of raw talent.

I don't expect from her to win slams or become top 5 player to be honest but I hope she will have a great/good career with no major injuries. Mona is probably the best thing happened to womens tennis since 2011/2012. For me at least.
Hi, thanks for welcoming me here.

And yes, she is my favorite player. I think she is extremely talented and seems to be a nice human being at the same time. But as you might know being nice can prevent you from being successful. Nonetheless i am hoping that she drew the right conclusions from her mostly unnecessary defeats that she suffered this year. If she did so then there will be a good chance that we will see a good season of Mona next year.

Given her pure talent i would assume that she should have a good chance of becoming a TOP-5-player and win a slam in the long run (not before 2014). But given the inconsistent nature of her game i also know that this might not happen. I think what she needs to fulfill her potential is an experienced coach who would be able to fix her lack of determination in critical moments and the little imperfections in her game (second serve, defensive forehand).

Anyway i hope she will have the joy and the success in tennis that she is looking for.

Last edited by Tecumseh : Dec 26th, 2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old Dec 27th, 2012, 05:45 PM   #4628
country flag Tecumseh

It seems that Mona will not be seeded in Hobart because right now she is 9th on the players list there. The first eight players are ranked between 26 and 38 so at this moment she would miss the seeding list by a hair. But i also think that in the end it wont matter because the whole field of participants will be very even in Hobart.
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 11:24 PM   #4629
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

Auckland

(8)Mona Barthel (GER) v Q
(wc)Eleni Daniilidou (GRE) v (wc)Coco Vandeweghe (USA)
Johanna Larsson (SWE) v Misaki Doi (JPN)
Q v (2)Julia Goerges (GER)

QF vs Görges should be the goal here at least! Good draw!
Michael! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 11:41 PM   #4630
Setsuna.

Good luck, Mona.

Old Dec 28th, 2012, 11:55 PM   #4631
popinjay

popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold

29.12: Meanwhile I am in Auckland, enjoying the nice weather. I played Tennis yesterday twice and am planning to do the same today.

http://www.mona-barthel.de/en/berichte2013en.html

btw nice draw

Last edited by popinjay : Dec 29th, 2012 at 12:51 AM. Reason: url
popinjay is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 12:50 AM   #4632
country flag tennisfreak13

tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of

Nice draw. Think/Hope Mona or Julia will make the final. It's possible.
tennisfreak13 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 12:55 AM   #4633
popinjay

popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold

Mona muss das Finale erreichen!!

Dann ist sie nämlich bei den AO gesetzt.
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 01:22 AM   #4634
popinjay

Komplettes Draw:

(1)Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) v Kristina Mladenovic (FRA)
Simona Halep (ROU) v Arantxa Rus (NED)
(wc)Eugenie Bouchard (CAN) v Elena Vesnina (RUS)
Lara Arruabarrena-Vecino (ESP) v (6)Yaroslava Shvedova (KAZ)

(4)Jie Zheng (CHN) v Jamie Hampton (USA)
Q v Marina Erakovic (NZL)
Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) v Kiki Bertens (NED)
Heather Watson (GBR) v (5)Sorana Cirstea (ROU)

(7)Christina McHale (USA) v Pauline Parmentier (FRA)
Galina Voskoboeva (KAZ) v Kirsten Flipkens (BEL)
Q v Romina Oprandi (SUI)
Magdalena Rybarikova (SVK) v (3)Yanina Wickmayer (BEL)

(8)Mona Barthel (GER) v Q
(wc)Eleni Daniilidou (GRE) v (wc)Coco Vandeweghe (USA)
Johanna Larsson (SWE) v Misaki Doi (JPN)
Q v (2)Julia Goerges (GER)
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 09:03 AM   #4635
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Go Mona!

Putintseva Krunic Kichenoks Pliskovas Kovinic Bencic Vekic Smitkova Svitolina Cirstea Jovanovski Mladenovic Garcia Mitu Savic Sasnovich Kremen Savinykh Evtimova Tomova

Losing Streak is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread