Sania Mirza's place - Page 105 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 16th, 2010, 06:43 PM   #1561
country flag Navin Israni

Navin Israni is just really nice Navin Israni is just really nice Navin Israni is just really nice Navin Israni is just really nice Navin Israni is just really nice Navin Israni is just really nice Navin Israni is just really nice Navin Israni is just really nice Navin Israni is just really nice Navin Israni is just really nice Navin Israni is just really nice
Re: Sania Mirza's place

Quote:
Originally Posted by as1991 View Post
tweeting about v-day is totally fine.look at victoria azarenka or caroline wozniacki or serena williams.they tweet about some really unnecessary things before their matches but still win it.
yeah maybe i was going over-board with my complaints..i guess this is what happens when your fav player frustrates you like this..
Navin Israni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 16th, 2010, 06:48 PM   #1562

Navin Israni is just really nice Navin Israni is just really nice Navin Israni is just really nice Navin Israni is just really nice Navin Israni is just really nice Navin Israni is just really nice Navin Israni is just really nice Navin Israni is just really nice Navin Israni is just really nice Navin Israni is just really nice Navin Israni is just really nice

Quote:
sania served 70% of her first serves.looks quite good, i mean the %.but still could not hold most of the time.she could have had problems with wrist.that could be 1 of the reasons of her loss.but she sprayed 34-35 ue too.i mean,she practically gave points=9 games to medina garrigues.medina was not doing much.it was sania spraying errors.she certainly needs to get a good coach now.enough of her father-mother coaching her.get a full time pro coach plzzz.
she definitely doesnt have a plan b.if she is losing,she ll still keep on bashing the ball.its okay to bash the ball but dont bash the ball so much that it is never IN.i was so frustrated looking at those errors throughout the match.
1st serve % is essential..but it is not the only thing...there is no point in putting 80% first serves IN..when your serve speed is havering in the dangerous 95 mph-105mph mark..this ranger (and for some players even above 100mph)..can be easily picked by good players..

they can make you dance with their returns...
Old Feb 16th, 2010, 06:59 PM   #1563

Quote:
........garrigues.medina was not doing much.it was sania spraying errors.she certainly needs to get a good coach now.enough of her father-mother coaching her.get a full time pro coach plzzz.
she definitely doesnt have a plan b.if she is losing,she ll still keep on bashing the ball.its okay to bash the ball but dont bash the ball so much that it is never IN.i was so frustrated looking at those errors throughout the match.
i have problem with her dad as a coach..agree that Mr Mirza knows the most abt Sania's game...but she has to try different things..learn new things..which I belive can only be learnt under a good pro coach...

having said that, her mom is a very strict lady..she stays all time focused when training with her mom..remember that USO Series 2007..she was coached by her mom and Rainer Hoffman...she was at her best back then...
Old Feb 16th, 2010, 07:05 PM   #1564

Quote:
yeah..she definitely lacks a plan B...she needs to develop something to keep the ball back in play at least..when she's going thru some injury...or the opponent is at full force..

she constantly keeps bashing the ball..and it's so obvious sometimes to figure out what her next shot gonna be...it only takes a few games to get user to her style while playing against her..
Old Feb 16th, 2010, 07:07 PM   #1565
country flag saniapower

saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin Israni View Post
maybe if her wrist is OK enough..she might take 1 WC for either IW / Miami..that too depends on tourney director's discretion..and by looking at her results..it's hard to come by..she wud like to save 1 for USO Series...

if she takes both IW and Miami WCs..it wud be a real surprise to me..
She is in the md of IW & Miami. so no need of any WC.
Old Feb 16th, 2010, 07:12 PM   #1566

she needs either a slice shot or more net play..developing a new shot...is way more expensive..(in terms of time and effort

her net play is already very good..so she should come IN a lot more...
Old Feb 16th, 2010, 07:17 PM   #1567

nad guys dont worry..i think she's just going thru a lame patch..although this is her worst lame patch..

when at the end of 2005, she changed a few things in her game..it showed in her game in 2006..

she changed and tweaked her serve at the middle of last year,,,so the effect is this period worsened by her wrist injury...
Old Feb 16th, 2010, 07:19 PM   #1568
country flag saniapower

saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
she needs either a slice shot or more net play..developing a new shot...is way more expensive..(in terms of time and effort

her net play is already very good..so she should come IN a lot more...
her net play is good but u need variety of shots & also variation in your approach otherwise your opponent will quickly somehow find out a way how to tackle it.
Old Feb 16th, 2010, 07:25 PM   #1569

i have said this hundred times by now and ready to say it another hundred times..she needs to one play at least one tournament less before AO..

this has been a very typical pattern in her season in practically EVERY YEAR since 2005..play heaily without much success till AO and then Fed Cup and the Pattaya, Dubai...then get injured..dont play/play poorly in IW / Miami ..take a month off during major clay season because of injury..then come back during end ..ekdum puchhdi ke 1 or 2 tourneys near RG..again play badly (her usual average on clay)...then restart from Grass season onwards..then USO Series depends purely on luck for her..

she has to break this pattern and play more on clay..to be able to develop a plan B..and user her wisely in more quantity and more quality..as well..
Old Feb 16th, 2010, 07:29 PM   #1570

and we were talking about Sania's injury..had she managed to stretch Anabel to 3 sets..maybe Anabel's back must have given up early.,..i say so..coz she withdrew from R2 against Sbetlana Kuznetsova..gave Sveta a W/o..
Old Feb 16th, 2010, 07:32 PM   #1571

and if u guys wondering about her doubles with Virginia...here's the result..

Chan/Zheng (TPE/CHN) d. (7) Mirza/Ruano Pascual (IND/ESP) 6-3, 6-3
Old Feb 16th, 2010, 07:38 PM   #1572

and who said here that Stefanie Voegele is bye...she beat Nadia Petrova 7-6, 7-6 (yes..that's how the score read yesterday!) in Dubai R1..but then

Russian Regina Kulikova (watch out for this girl. .she seems to be Russian version of Sania Mirza..only game wise thought...) beat Voegele in straight sets..6-3, 6-0...in R2

hope to see more of Voegele and Kulikova in future...
Old Feb 17th, 2010, 06:10 PM   #1573

Quote:
Originally Posted by saniapower View Post
her net play is good but u need variety of shots & also variation in your approach otherwise your opponent will quickly somehow find out a way how to tackle it.

that's what is called experience...that she'll gain only if she starts to come forward and take her chances...
Old Feb 17th, 2010, 06:13 PM   #1574

Quote:
Originally Posted by saniapower View Post
She is in the md of IW & Miami. so no need of any WC.
are you sure..her ranking is enuf for IW and Miami....both?
Old Feb 17th, 2010, 07:02 PM   #1575
country flag saniapower

Quote:
are you sure..her ranking is enuf for IW and Miami....both?
You have to enter a tournament 2 or 3 months ago from the actual scheduled date. She entered with 'that' ranking which was in the 50s. So she was in the md & once you are in the md than it does not matter if your ranking drops ,you will still remain in the md. but it will matter when the draw will come out. probably you will not be seeded due to your ranking drop bcoz they will use your current ranking.

Last edited by saniapower : Feb 17th, 2010 at 07:07 PM.
saniapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote