Jelena Jankovic: I Have Nothing To Prove On The Tennis Court - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 01:30 PM   #1
country flag Marcell

Marcell has a reputation beyond repute Marcell has a reputation beyond repute Marcell has a reputation beyond repute Marcell has a reputation beyond repute Marcell has a reputation beyond repute Marcell has a reputation beyond repute Marcell has a reputation beyond repute Marcell has a reputation beyond repute Marcell has a reputation beyond repute Marcell has a reputation beyond repute Marcell has a reputation beyond repute
Jelena Jankovic: I Have Nothing To Prove On The Tennis Court

Jankovic insists she has nothing to prove on tennis court

BEIJING (AFP) - World number two Jelena Jankovic said Monday she feels no extra pressure due to her lack of a Grand Slam trophy, as the chase for the top spot in the women's game continues at the China Open.

Jankovic and fellow Serb Ana Ivanovic top the draw here. New world number three Dinara Safina, who captured the Pan Pacific Open in Tokyo on Sunday, withdrew due to injury.

The women's top ranking has been in flux since Justine Henin's surprise retirement in May, passing between Maria Sharapova, Ivanovic, Jankovic and current number one Serena Williams.

"I don't have to prove to anybody or any media about my ability, except to myself. I am only 23 years old, still young, and I have entered Grand Slam finals," Jankovic said at the 600,000-dollar China Open.

The US Open finalist, who briefly reached the number one ranking in August, said it was good to see change at the top of the women's game.

"All players are outstanding on court, and I will try my best to finish my job, to play tennis," said Jankovic, who lost in last year's final here to Hungary's Agnes Szavay.

Meanwhile, French Open winner and former world number one Ivanovic said injury had hampered her game over the past few months.

"I couldn't even hold my racket. I think every player needs to face injury in their career," said Ivanovic, who suffered a shock second round defeat at Flushing Meadows and has now slipped to number four in the world.

"What I need to do is keep a positive attitude. I need to give myself time to get back."

Russia's Olympic silver medallist Safina pulled out of the China Open due to a low back injury.
Marcell is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 01:57 PM   #2
country flag frontier

frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jelena Jankovic: I Have Nothing To Prove On The Tennis Court

I think Jelena and Joko talk too much,she should be like Dinara who let her results do the talking.At this point she should resign herself to the idea that she is the third banana not 2nd or 1st...she should stop talking for once and focus enough to at least win a title...
frontier is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 02:02 PM   #3
Adal

Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute

FinalS? Really?
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 02:06 PM   #4
country flag frontier

frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adal View Post
FinalS? Really?
yea I thought it was just one final due to an easy draw
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 02:09 PM   #5
Miss Atomic Bomb
Legendary

Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute

has nothing to prove or cant prove? ...talk about sour grapes

Miss Atomic Bomb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 02:12 PM   #6
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adal View Post
FinalS? Really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by frontier View Post
yea I thought it was just one final due to an easy draw
She said " Grand Slam final", so this means she includes her mixed doubles victory in Wimbledon too.
ElusiveChanteuse is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 02:15 PM   #7
country flag Seyz

Seyz is a splendid one to behold Seyz is a splendid one to behold Seyz is a splendid one to behold Seyz is a splendid one to behold Seyz is a splendid one to behold Seyz is a splendid one to behold Seyz is a splendid one to behold Seyz is a splendid one to behold Seyz is a splendid one to behold Seyz is a splendid one to behold Seyz is a splendid one to behold

that's right , she was in a mixed finals too! lol.
Seyz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 02:17 PM   #8
country flag frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWLH View Post
She said " Grand Slam final", so this means she includes her mixed doubles victory in Wimbledon too.
her no.2 ranking is due to singles play not mixed doubles,she knows that no.1 is really slipping away from her after Dinara won...she is the third banana its Serena 1 Dinara 2 and she is 3rd
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 02:21 PM   #9
Miss Atomic Bomb
Legendary

Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayn77 View Post
Cocky, arrogant, confident.
these qualities are good if you have achieved something..otherwise its just another sore loser

Miss Atomic Bomb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 02:33 PM   #10
country flag frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayn77 View Post
Cocky, arrogant, confident.

Nobody needs to remind Jankovic who good she is.

I like it.
Serena , Dinara,pova,Ana,Venus,Sveta,Dementieva and lINDSAY can afford to brag wait when she drops to no.3 or 4...
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 02:46 PM   #11
country flag Vamos.

Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute

If I was in her shoes I would definitely be avoiding getting to #1 just because I've reached a bunch of QF/SF. It is just embarassing for the sport.

I like the way that you taste, when you're all up in my face.

Vamos. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 02:48 PM   #12
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

grand slam finals ahaha

since when does making 1 make it grand slam finals

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 02:52 PM   #13
country flag ^bibi^
... as though I were in a snake pit...

^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute

1 US Open Single FInal
1 Wimbledon Mixed DOuble Final

that makes 2 Grand Slam FinalS

Current tournaments
Find the latest tournaments here

R.I.P. Elena Baltacha 1983-2014 †
^bibi^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 02:56 PM   #14
country flag Ciarán

Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute

Eh, you kinda do JJ

Paszek & Chakvetadze & Vaidisova & Sharapova & Pavlyuchenkova & Vekic.
Ciarán is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 03:20 PM   #15
дalex

дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute

She's right, she only needs to trust in her own ability and prove to herself that she can win Slams. She's playing for herself, so she can fulfill her potential and become the best player she can be. She improved a lot over the years and is still working very hard on some elements in her game. She already achieved plenty for someone who started playing tennis at 9.5, and she definitely hasn't peaked yet.

If anything, when she wins a GS title she'll probably get more haters/doubters with it.

Confident Jelena