Kimiko in MD Tokyo: "I may be beaten completely. [Yet] I'm prepared for it" - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 21st, 2008, 10:59 AM   #1
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute
Kimiko in MD Tokyo: "I may be beaten completely. [Yet] I'm prepared for it"

http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/dy/sports/20080921TDY19101.htm

Date-Krumm--comeback player

Date-Krumm will be playing her first WTA-sanctioned tournament in 12 years. In her earlier career, she ranked as high as No. 4 in the world.

After she made her comeback in April, she won a doubles final and ended up being a semi-finalist in a singles tournament. In May, she overwhelmed the field at the Tokyo Ariake International Women's Tournament.

Date-Krumm has shown no signs of lack of stamina. During her competitive appearances this year, she received large rounds of applause for her "rising shots," returning volleys that seemingly fly on an upward plane.

It is hard to believe that Date-Krumm, well tanned and sturdily built, will be 38 years old on the eve of the opening of the tournament.

She was ranked No. 425 soon after her comeback. As of Sept. 11, she had risen to 264th place.

Compared with the events she has taken part in thus far, the AIG Open may turn out to be a tougher competition because it is sanctioned by the WTA as a tier-III tournament. "I may be beaten completely. [Yet] I'm prepared for it," Date-Krumm said.

She added, however, "I have been feeling something tangible while playing tennis."

Date-Krumm's goal, according to her, is to give stimulus to the tennis world.
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 21st, 2008, 11:11 AM   #2
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kimiko in MD Tokyo: "I may be beaten completely. [Yet] I'm prepared for it"

best of luck , Kimiko , I hope you have a good draw and play competitive matches !
*Jool* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2008, 11:38 AM   #3
country flag Kworb
Most Loved Member

Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute

Kimiko

SERENA WILLIAMS 64 75
AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA 61 57 60 LAUREN DAVIS 60 76
Kworb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2008, 12:22 PM   #4
Golovinjured.

Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute

Golovinjured. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2008, 12:28 PM   #5
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceboy View Post
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/dy/sports/20080921TDY19101.htm

Date-Krumm--comeback player

Date-Krumm will be playing her first WTA-sanctioned tournament in 12 years. In her earlier career, she ranked as high as No. 4 in the world.

After she made her comeback in April, she won a doubles final and ended up being a semi-finalist in a singles tournament. In May, she overwhelmed the field at the Tokyo Ariake International Women's Tournament.

Date-Krumm has shown no signs of lack of stamina. During her competitive appearances this year, she received large rounds of applause for her "rising shots," returning volleys that seemingly fly on an upward plane.

It is hard to believe that Date-Krumm, well tanned and sturdily built, will be 38 years old on the eve of the opening of the tournament.

She was ranked No. 425 soon after her comeback. As of Sept. 11, she had risen to 264th place.

Compared with the events she has taken part in thus far, the AIG Open may turn out to be a tougher competition because it is sanctioned by the WTA as a tier-III tournament. "I may be beaten completely. [Yet] I'm prepared for it," Date-Krumm said.

She added, however, "I have been feeling something tangible while playing tennis."

Date-Krumm's goal, according to her, is to give stimulus to the tennis world.
If the interest in this board is anything to go by, Kimiko is succeeding. I think she has been one of the most exciting and inspiring stories in tennis this year. Hopefully next year she will take the Kimiko show on the road too.
Old Sep 21st, 2008, 12:30 PM   #6
country flag ce

ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute

what a woman
i hope she goes deep in the draw

The Empress.

17 and counting...
ce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2008, 02:53 PM   #7
country flag SV_Fan

SV_Fan has a brilliant future SV_Fan has a brilliant future SV_Fan has a brilliant future SV_Fan has a brilliant future SV_Fan has a brilliant future SV_Fan has a brilliant future SV_Fan has a brilliant future SV_Fan has a brilliant future SV_Fan has a brilliant future SV_Fan has a brilliant future SV_Fan has a brilliant future

I hope she becomes a Mertina N. Beating the young guns.
Old Sep 21st, 2008, 03:25 PM   #8
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Kimiko in MD Tokyo: "I may be beaten completely. [Yet] I'm prepared for it"

Awesome article! Good Luck in Japan, KIMIKO! I really hope she gets a winnable 1st rd match up
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2008, 04:03 PM   #9
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

good luck kimiko!

i hope she does well and takes out some younguns!

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2008, 08:16 PM   #10
country flag Kai

Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Kimiko
Kai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2008, 08:24 PM   #11
country flag hankqq

hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute

cool I hope she can keep it going. It's great that some of the older players are giving the pro tour another chance. First Schultz-McCarthy, now Date.
hankqq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2008, 08:28 PM   #12
country flag Sund7101

Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future

Can't wait Kimiko, I really am loving this comeback!!!

Just waiting for you to reenter the Top 100.

Good Luck!!!

Pierce Hingis Capriati Seles Bartoli Kournikova Sugiyama Majoli Frazier
Sund7101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2008, 09:38 PM   #13
country flag OsloErik

OsloErik has a reputation beyond repute OsloErik has a reputation beyond repute OsloErik has a reputation beyond repute OsloErik has a reputation beyond repute OsloErik has a reputation beyond repute OsloErik has a reputation beyond repute OsloErik has a reputation beyond repute OsloErik has a reputation beyond repute OsloErik has a reputation beyond repute OsloErik has a reputation beyond repute OsloErik has a reputation beyond repute

How can AIG afford to sponsor a tournament? Don't they need a bunch of money from US taxpayers? Weird.

ANYWAY, I hope Kimiko can make it far at the Tier III. Tier I was a little much, obviously, but she should be able to hang with most players in the 50-100 range. I hope, at tleast.
OsloErik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote