The Real Ana Ivanovic WILL Stand Up In Beijing - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 09:30 PM   #31
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Real Ana Ivanovic WILL Stand Up In Beijing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanovic Fan!!!! View Post
Entering Moscow looks like a desperate decision and it just shows the confidence is low. Normally she goes for winning a tournament.
But if you plan Moscow, Zurich, Linz in a row then you probably expect that you won't win much.

She had great results after injuries in the past, so the lack of matches can't be the issue. She just needs to WIN matches now.
If you do that in Beijing 4 times then Moscow isn't that necessary.

Playing more matches, then eventually you will start winning.
Then you can say: See? I needed more matches to get rhtym.
If you really think that, you're certainly not on the right track.
I also think that Ana and her team are taking the wrong mental aproach to this situation. Reading her presser today, I got the feeling that she doesn't believe she can win a tournament right now. She kept repeting that she needed time to get back to form. Of course there's reason to think like that.. but that kills any self confidence, which is necesary to win matches, let alone a tournament. Apart that it looks like she thinks that all she needs to do is let time pass and it will fix things.. which is also wrong.. How can you win a match when you don't think you can?

But.. I think she does need to play more matches, as she has barely played since june. I thought she would enter Sttutgart, which would allow her to have a week off between that tournament and Zurich and Linz. But I guess she decided for Moscow because it's a tier I.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 09:38 PM   #32
country flag DAVAJ MKirilenko
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute

Stuttgart looks better of course, but then she might not be sure to get in.

Indeed she needs more matches. But enter more tournaments is not the way. You just need to win, then you get enough matches. She still makes me clueless. But that's mostly the case with women anyway.

1. Ana Ivanovic

2. Maria Kirilenko
3. Anastasija Sevastova
DAVAJ MKirilenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 10:06 PM   #33
country flag jelenacg

jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of

First let us see how she will do in Beijing but i don`t think that playing in Moscow is a bad idea
If she does good in Moscow she can always skip something
jelenacg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 07:15 AM   #34
country flag nestor_bgd

nestor_bgd is a splendid one to behold nestor_bgd is a splendid one to behold nestor_bgd is a splendid one to behold nestor_bgd is a splendid one to behold nestor_bgd is a splendid one to behold nestor_bgd is a splendid one to behold nestor_bgd is a splendid one to behold nestor_bgd is a splendid one to behold nestor_bgd is a splendid one to behold nestor_bgd is a splendid one to behold nestor_bgd is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyroyale_13 View Post
Beijing September 22-28
offweek
Moscow October 6-12
Zurich October 13-19
Linz October 20-26
offweek
Doha November 4-9
Hopefully, some great matches and excitements are ahead of us.
And unlike some of you, I am optimistic about the indoors season ending tournaments. She will find her way back. She has to.
AJDE Ana!!!
Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 12:55 PM   #35
country flag DownTheLine21

DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, she's bound to win a few matches somewhere....right?
Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 02:48 PM   #36
country flag kim86

kim86 is just really nice kim86 is just really nice kim86 is just really nice kim86 is just really nice kim86 is just really nice kim86 is just really nice kim86 is just really nice kim86 is just really nice kim86 is just really nice kim86 is just really nice kim86 is just really nice

So, next opponent will be Cornet... the young French has struggled a lot to beat Zhang (not Zheng )...

But the problem is not the opponent in this period, it's all about Ana...
Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 02:52 PM   #37
country flag Dinayer
Bazinga! I dont care

Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute

good luck ana
Dinayer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 02:57 PM   #38
country flag Zealisa

Zealisa is a splendid one to behold Zealisa is a splendid one to behold Zealisa is a splendid one to behold Zealisa is a splendid one to behold Zealisa is a splendid one to behold Zealisa is a splendid one to behold Zealisa is a splendid one to behold Zealisa is a splendid one to behold Zealisa is a splendid one to behold Zealisa is a splendid one to behold Zealisa is a splendid one to behold

Should be a tough match against Alize, she's a very talented girl, I hope Anci will find her rhythm - it all depends on her now.

Serena stan for life
Zealisa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2008, 08:44 PM   #39
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Aiss.. it's tomorrow.. Ana please win a match!
Old Sep 24th, 2008, 08:51 PM   #40
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Aiss.. it's tomorrow.. Ana please win a match!
Specifically,2 a.m. tomorrow in Estado Chihuahua,Gavi,so I'll probably be setting my alarm after 4 hours sleep and HOPING that Ana makes the exhaustion worthwhile.

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2008, 09:00 PM   #41
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Specifically,2 a.m. tomorrow in Estado Chihuahua,Gavi,so I'll probably be setting my alarm after 4 hours sleep and HOPING that Ana makes the exhaustion worthwhile.
Aisss.. It's going to be like 5 am here.. I just hope to wake up to some much needed good news..
Old Sep 24th, 2008, 09:08 PM   #42
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Aisss.. It's going to be like 5 am here.. I just hope to wake up to some much needed good news..
...and if you see that she won,then you'll have to pinch yourself HARD to make sure that you're not still dreaming

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
Old Sep 24th, 2008, 09:15 PM   #43
country flag jelenacg

jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of

Here it will be 10 am so not a problem
I`m not saying anything else just good luck Ana
jelenacg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2008, 11:15 PM   #44
country flag Balltossovic
Excitement Control Officer of Anapolis

Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute

What time is Ana's match in New York?

CHECK MY BLOOD PRESSURE

Ana~*~Vika~*~Aga~*~Sveta~*~Andrea~*~Petra
Balltossovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2008, 12:58 AM   #45
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennislover23 View Post
What time is Ana's match in New York?
4 a.m. your time ASSUMING that Ana's match isn't delayed by the super-boring men's tennis that'll precede it on the same court